Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Employee Reviews

Things I learnt
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILOctober 15, 2013
I work Under a Professor who is mutli talented teaches technical courses has sound knowledge about Jazz music and even teaches music. I got to learn many things. He thought me the correct pronunciation in American accent. He built my confidence levels such that I gave a vote of thanks at SIUE for Indian Night-2013 and performed on stage also. I got to know why a person should know so many things. Its important to stand out from others so I learnt ORACLE 10g and CCNA because I wanted to be different from the normal Electrical Engineering student.
Creative leadership position
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 19, 2013
Go to staff meetings and find out more about policies on campus. Supervisor is almost always available and is a member of the greater team. The hardest part of the job is managing my time while going to school. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know new people and enrich relationships with acquaintances along with planning events and keeping campus safe.
Pros
free housing, flexible work environment
Cons
minimum wage
Best place to work at!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Math DepartmentJanuary 14, 2013
SIUE provides a friendly atmosphere for all employees including Teaching Assistants like myself. There are available resources to help prepare for classes. Professors and departmental staffs also assist you in times of challenges. I learnt and adopted the skills to use different statistical applications and also improved my presentation skills. My co- Teaching Assistants were friendly and always willing to share ideas. The hardest part of the job is the ability to learn and teach new things, as we were assigned to different courses each semester. But, I always enjoyed the departmental potlucks, which gave us the opportunity to relax and socialize.
Pros
presents the opportunity to learn and cover different course materials
Good office for Research andTeaching Assistants
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 12, 2015
The advisor is very understanding to special cases.
He is also very helpful, he will at least try to help in anything even if he has no experience with the situation.
One week is given to complete all tasks.
Co-workers are very respectful and helpful as well.
Great creative working environment for media promotions and advertisement
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 7, 2012
Great entry-level position

Receive daily promtions from various departments within the university

Conceptualize and create promotions for the duration of the work day

Collaboration with other graphic designers and social media specialists
Pros
great co-workers (creative team), flexibility, teamwork
Cons
pay
Great place to go to school/work
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 10, 2015
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) is a great place to get an education and work. They provide you with many opportunities.
good steady student work
IT Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 25, 2013
I worked at SIUE as a student worker for four years and enjoyed the relaxing work environment. In charge of over 100 computers, the job of an ITS student worker was at times fast pace but if you have a good grasp of the intricacies of Hardware and Software components the job is easily manageable.
Pros
lots of time to work on homework
Cons
when it gets busy it is rough.
Great work environment for a graduate student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 11, 2013
I worked for multiple departments at SIUE as a graduate assistant. I enjoyed all of the positions which I filled. I frequently interacted with professors and staff members who worked hard and who treated me well. If you attend SIUE as a graduate student, I recommend working in at least one graduate assistant position.
Great Learning atmosphere
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 1, 2015
SIUE is an excellent school environment where many people of different backgrounds can come together and work harmoniously in a safe environment. The overall community was strong and interconnected, with many people coming together to work as one.
productive and fun enviroment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 24, 2015
I think it was an exciting and rewarding work atmosphere. The campus is beautiful and I am sad to be leaving shortly. It is a small campus growing at a steady rate. It will be a large university one day and I wish it the best !
Overall positive, low drama environment
Community Director (Current Employee) –  University HousingSeptember 18, 2012
SIUE is a progressive University looking to expand, so if you're interested in getting some good experience with new areas of the university this could be a good place for you. Upper-level management is great, co-workers are intelligent overall, and the job allows for ample time-off and sick leave as necessary.
A stellar university
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 3, 2013
A great university where people of diverse backgrounds work to provide a great education to students. A typical day at work includes responding to students concerns and troubleshooting computer related issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships built with people from all over the world.
Highland Supply
Image Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 16, 2015
Highland Supply was a business that we dealt with customers all over the United States.
My job was to post payments to the customers accounts and to make collection calls to the non paying customers.
Good research school
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 3, 2015
Excellent experience in order to enhance research ability. SIUE provides supporter environment for students. I had the best time of my life at SIUE. My major is industrial engineering and my research is about supply chain.
Challenging Academic Setting
Undergraduate Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Gaining knowledge of the techniques utilized by molecular biologists in the academic setting was the overall goal of the experience. A typical day consists of performing tedious experiments in the laboratory, while keeping daily recordings of the procedures used. Results and conclusions were later drawn from the data collected and presented on a poster. Learning how to present scientific data in front of an audience was a great way for me to improve my public speaking skills. Writing a grant proposal to receive sponsorship for the project strengthened my writing and persuasive skills. Supervision for the project was scarce, leaving me to make independent decisions regarding the project. The hardest part of the job was working for the most part alone without much human interaction.The most enjoyable part was presenting my data at a conference and improving my professional public speaking.
A perfect school to study and work with.
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 3, 2015
SIUE is one of the best schools for students who wants to learn subject in depth and to improve their subject knowledge. It provides good research opportunities for passionate and hard working students.
Great facility to workout and feel more a part of the university
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 30, 2014
Enjoyable place to work and a great place to meet new people. Management is very understanding and know that school comes first. The schedules are flexible and work around the school schedule.
Very enjoyable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 6, 2012
The atmosphere in our department, and on campus is very enjoyable. Everyone in the Accounting Department is hard working and diligent in their responsibilities.
Pros
wonderful benefits
Cons
low wages compared to industry standards
Typical work day
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 25, 2014
Would start off by opening the office in the morning. Checking the mail and taking the mail to specified places. Unlocking cabinets that include material only deans are allowed to see. Throughout the day I would answer phone calls.
Great place to start your career
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 11, 2015
I love working for SIUe its a great environment, plenty of room for growth, learning and experience. The people are great and its a great place to be apart of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6