Southern Management Corporation

Southern Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Finance Company
Support (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 2, 2015
This is a growing company. Co-workers create a friendly work environment. Nice, new office space. Good pay. Good benefits.
the absolutely worst company
former employee (Former Employee), TennesseeJune 24, 2015
This company is by far the worst company ever to work for ...they only worry about you getting their money they do jot care if you have a family,if you have a life outside of this company. The turnover rate is so bad with this company which shows nobody wants to work for them at all. You do not get NO praise for anything you do at all,but if you do not make their set numbers for the month every month then you are definitely getting praise but it's not good.They expect you to work and work and work with no overtime for assistant managers saying its because they get paid mileage OK yes .33 cent is such a big help. This company is has no manager really that now how to so their job but a few and you are not a team the manager will talk about you to the other employee as the manager will do the same with the other . The outside field calls are very dangerous at times and they do not care for your safety as the manager is getting on the phone screaming at customers for a 52 dollar payment and putting your life at risk. I would never recommend this company to anyone at all EVER...
Great Company
Regional Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Downtown, BaltimoreJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great leaders
Cons: a few bad apples
Worked for Property Manager Judson, at 39 West Lexington Street. He's possibly one of the best managers I've encountered in my five year property management career. He's an awesome manager who leads his team to become great leaders as well. My work experience with him is greatly appreciated. Should you get a chance to work under him, consider it a blessing.
great work hours, poor management and very rude
customer service represntative (Current Employee), columbiaMay 21, 2015
Pros: hour lunch, perfect hours, weekends off
Cons: 43% out of bonus check, no paid holidays, poor management
southern management has a lot of potential, great hours and weekends off. They recently started taking 43% out of our bonus checks, what kind of incentive is that
this is the worst company ive ever worked for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), tennesseeMay 19, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: upper management
Bonus is good until the store becomes established.the manager I worked for was a not trust worthy and did not believe in telling the truth!they will hire you and not give you the proper training to do the job at the best of your abilities.i wouldn't recommend this company to anyone to anyone.yes you get benefits but they make it nearly impossible to use them.by far the worst company ive ever worked for.numbers are the most important aspect to them and that is it!
A Great Company
Maintenance Technician/Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: n/a
Southern Management Corporation as far as companies go is almost second to none. Great benefits, good working conditions and for the most part great bosses and co-workers both.
Fun workplace
Property Manager (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches resident would bring
Cons: Nudget
A typical day at work is very busy, I learn all about team. Management was not afraid to try new ways to motive the team. The hardest part of my job was given a notice. The most enjoyable part was meeting residents from different parts of the world.
Life Guard/Pool Operator (Current Employee), MarylandApril 15, 2015
Working as a lifeguard, you are responsible for lives of people and you must tell patrons pool policies and safety tips about using pool.

Learning to communicate with different people from different countries.

Sometimes job could be stressful, because parents with little kids don't always watch them, and you must be sure that they stay safe.
Terrible management
RECREATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: Decent pay.
Cons: Managment doesn't care about the residents.
High employer turnover rate; young managers with no interpersonal skills. Company more concerned about money than people.
Beware if you don't meet standards...
CSR (Former Employee), Harriman, TNMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: horrible upper management
I enjoyed being a customer service representative. Pay was great and bonuses were a plus if you met standards for the month. Don't expect praises for meeting your standards though. The only time you get any acknowledgement is when your office doesn't get all their numbers. The district supervisors are hard to work for. They make you feel low. The company only worries about you making them money. They also have a high turnover rate. Unless you plan on staying and moving up to a manager position in a different office then this isn't a job to stay at. And if you don't like harassing customers you will not like this job.
Excellent Place to Work
Assistant (Current Employee), College Park, MDAugust 3, 2014
Pros: financially sound; good salary and benefits; bonuses and exciting corporate events
Cons: strict dress code
Recently rated 50 most wonderful places to work---Washingtonian Magazine--"Need I say more"
Very familiy friendly, feels like "home"
Assistant Corporate Controller (Former Employee), Vienna, VAApril 3, 2014
Pros: family friendly
Cons: lack of promotion opportunities
Great, family friendly company, who takes the needs of employees very seriously. Very flexible.
Worst employer in 20 years of employment
Report Writer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: middle management
Cons: upper management takes credit for work done and blame shifts for things their own fault.
This company has severe Project ADD.I worked at their corporate headquarters. They had no clear direction. One day I would be working on one project the next day they would cancel that project and have me working on something entirely differently. I was hired under a position title that I never even did the job for. There was confusion and misdirection and blame shifting every step of the way. I was fired at a moments notice for someone else's mistakes to cover them up. When interviewing I would ask for a chance to meet everyone in your chain of command before accepting the job, that would have saved me alot of trouble.

This advice would be to the CEO or CFO. Check the reputation of the companies you hire your upper management from. I found that someone came from a disreputable company with a very high turn over. Also, keep upper management from micromanaging those that middle management should be handling. You have good middle management that should be filling upper management positions.
branch manager
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Anderson, SCAugust 18, 2013
Pros: advancement oppertunity and values
Cons: long work hours
My day starts with a short meeting with my employees share the plan I have made for the day. I also delegate who should do what. I spend most of my day talking to customers and making credit decisions at the same time as getting my employees to follow me and train and equip them with the skills they need to manage. The hardest part of my job is balancing out how much time I spend at work. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to influence other people and educate them on how important credit is and getting to know my customers.
Company with Stability
Marketing Representative (Current Employee), MD and VAJune 4, 2013
Pros: stability, leader in its industry, benefits
Cons: paid time off, career growth, some of the managers work ethic
Overall its a great corporation to work for. Like all work places it has its pros and cons. I find that its hard to grow within the company and you can become stuck in one position depending on career goals.
Great management
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), College Park, MDJanuary 9, 2013
I learned alot during my tenure here. The position has prepared me for employment in most other fields. I learned team work, time management, marketing, and CRM's
Great company
Data Entry (Former Employee), Columbia, TNSeptember 5, 2012
I had the ability to learn a new trade within this company. Great managers taught me well. I was able to take these teachings and grow to a new position.
Meet great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oxon Hill MarylandJune 28, 2012
Pros: reward ceromonies
Cons: collections
A typical day at Southview was very busy and you meet and for relationships with lots of people. I learned so many things at southview. How to give great customer service and also a new program called Jenark and Jenark Gui. My co-workers were great. It felt like we were family. The hardest part of the job for me was collections. Having built a relationship with the residents made it hard to do collections. The most enjoyable part of my job was the charity events we has a company gave back in sooo many ways.

About Southern Management Corporation

Southern Management Corporation (SMC) is a leading small loan consumer finance company and is among the largest companies offering – Read more

Southern Management Corporation Salaries