Southern Management

Southern Management Employer Reviews

A challenging, energetic opportunity to assist business owners in their desire to become more profitable by increasing margins and cash flow.
Vice President of New Business Development (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 12, 2014
Pros: fast-paced energetic environment with flexibilty of schedule and a rewarding outcome.
Cons: excessive travel schedule.
Responsible for analyzing management and business plans of businesses that contracted with us for our services. Our priority was to increase cash flow and margins. I analyzed every aspect of the clients business plan and operations and made recommendations to the management team.
Great Benefits
Leasing professional (Former Employee), Windsor Mill, Md. 21244May 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: supervisor not professional in matters of advancement only wanted to advance friends
Working for Southern Management was a wonderful experience. I loved how they backed and encouraged employees to help lots of charities. They trained you very well and the pay was great. I loved working with my co workers. Over the years we became a family.
innadequate training
Manager (Former Employee), Mountain City, TNMay 25, 2014
Pros: bonus program, most weekends off, several paid holidays
Cons: huge turnover in company, difficult goals to meet, long hours and late nights when goals were not met
A typical day at work consisted of going in and calling customers who were past due on their payments, overseeing general operations of office, accept customer payments. The most rewarding part of the job was being able to assist customers and loan them money when they really needed it. The worst part of the job was the negativity you received from – more... customers who refused to pay and the fact that the goals were set so high each month they were almost impossible to achieve. I learned a lot about dealing with different personalities. There is a huge turnover in the company I worked for so I had to learn to adjust to many different personalities which I feel I handled very well. – less
N/A
Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2014
Cleaning, mopping burnishing and buffing floors. I learned how to manage my time. My co-workers were helpful.
Productive and cleaning
Jantorial /Custodian (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: getting more experience
Cons: no breaks
A typical at work is getting the cart and cleaning the bathroom and getting through and going home.
Good Company
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: stable
This is a good company to work for as it is owned by ABM. I like the responsibilities, I am also looking for something more challenging with the opportunity to advance.
Janitorial Worker
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: 3 hour work day nights shift
Cons: no break time
Janitorial Worker Clean Restrooms, Vacuum, Mop, Sweep, Dust Clock In and out.
Fun workplace friendly co workers
Nighttime Custodian (Former Employee), Milton, FLJanuary 27, 2014
This company is great to work for. But is very hard to move up in.
Controller
Controller/Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 1, 2013
Daily accounting duties managed the accounting office.
Maintained the cost schedules for the various jobs.

One to twice I would go to the marina's to review the work and to see that everything was going well
Part time janitorial work
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCOctober 17, 2013
typical minimal wage job with no oportunity for advancment
Daily work
Leasing Consultant Steward Manor Apartments (Former Employee), Laurel, MDSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: learned how to lease apartments
Cons: rent issue
leased apartments and assisted in maint tasks.
walked property and assisted in resident issues and tasks
Rewarding company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Landover, MDSeptember 18, 2013
My typical day included making sure the curb appeal of the property and vacant were up to standards. Conducted criminal and credit checks on prospects that were inquiring about the property.
I very much enjoyed my job and grew attached to my tenants. Southenr management offered some health benefits.
Apartment Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 7, 2013
Cons: no schelduled breaks. i was only employee present during my work hours
I enjoyed my job at Sunsations. I started out as a customer service represenative making $5.50 an hour. i got promoted to manager and my pay incresed to $7.00 an hour with no future raises.
Not fun
Janitor (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJune 27, 2013
Cons: low pay
Everything was bad.
Learned nothing
Horrible management
Nice co-workers
Lunch
You work fulltime but get paid parttime
Office Manager (Former Employee), Selma, ALMay 1, 2013
Pros: free rent if you live on site
Cons: no healthcare, very low mileage pay, on duty 24-hours
collect rents, recertify tenants, oversee maintenance. I learned to complete a lot of general maintenance myself. You supervise 1 co-worker(maintenance). Management is hard to please. Hardest part of my job is pleasing everyone and the most enjoyable part of my job was helping families find a safe and clean place to live.
This job taught me the ins and outs of functioning with lending money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaApril 15, 2013
Pros: the pros of this job is there is money to be made, with my bonuses and benefits.
Cons: the cons of the job is they dont appreciate your individual ideas
I really enjoy my job and though it quiet, I enjoy meeting new and many different people from all walks of life. This is a rewarding opportunity and I thoroughly enjoy it but I desire more.
Productive work of Maintenance.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 14, 2013
I have to operate 3 machines during the day. I also have to load trucks and drive a forklift.

I learn how to keep organized.

The managers are very good people.

I have good relations with my co-workers.

nothing really is to hard.

the most enjoyable part are the people.
I love the building I work in, everyone is very nice. I meet a lot of different people.
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 12, 2013
Pros: because of the hours i work, i get to attend every basketball & football game, also i'm at home on the weekends with my family
Cons: i've been with the company for three years and haven't received a rise, there is no room for growth
my work day start at 6am & end at 2:30pm(great hours)I counldn't ask for a better supervisor & co workers,everyone get alone just fine, and also never mind helping eachother out if one is done with his/her work. My job is overall easy, the most enjoyable part of my day is when we all meet together for our daily lunch.
Janitorial Maintenance provider. Fortune 500 Company
District Manager - Multiple Locations (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, higher than average salary
Cons: lack of management support, unrealistic demands.
Very corporate with SOX compliance issues. Frequent acquisitions and restructuring make for an uncertain business posture. More concerned with overall stock price than customer service.
Janitorial services
Floor Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: the overall experience of learning how to properly do floors
Fromday to day I was assigned to different areas to clean and maintain particular areas of buildings. I had to strip, wax, buff, sweep, and mop floors. I was also expected to take out trash and assist in steam cleaning carpets. Management help to ensure that needs were met when it came to supplies necessary for work. My co-workers made sure that the – more... line of communication remained open when ever a question was posed. We worked as a team. – less