Southern Management Employee Reviews

SMC Review
stationary engineer (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed my experience working at SMC in both the engineering and aquatics divisions. Excellent benefits and company perks.
Ok place to work.
Production Helper (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 5, 2016
When I worked with them I was on call 24-7 but they have changed since then. Now they are off on weekends and only work at night two days a week. With this job you clean all the machines and building at flowers in Villa Rica.
Fun Workpace
Hard worker, Fast learner, great leader (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 26, 2015
Working there was a great for me but i quite there because they was going to cut my payment short and move me to a smaller building
Pros
Making extra money
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 15, 2015
Enjoyed Southern Management. Worked there for only a few months because contract was lost. Liked my boss and the hours. Coworkers were great. Worked at Athens Tech which was also a nice location.
A steady job
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 8, 2015
The job is steady money but the people aren't always easy to work with or work for. If you dont like cleaning after others this isnt the job for you.
Productive workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 8, 2015
A typical day with Southern Management would be mainly answering phone and assisting guest with daily request. Iv'e learned better ways to give greater customer service, smile even when the guest is upset/unhappy with there service and also to file all documents necessary. My managers are caring people, iv'e notice they want the best for there employees and would like to see them improve. My co-workers are reliable and trustworthy. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a guest that is unhappy because i really don't like when people feel like their getting treated unfairly and also to stand for 8 hours. My most enjoyable part of my day is to see a familiar guest walk into the hotel and they tell me everything that's new with them.
Pros
Healthcare, Free Lunches
Cons
No sitting
SMC
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALAugust 7, 2015
Customer service is a major part of this business, So is the collection process. 2-3 hours of every work day is spent calling passed due customer accounts. Mid lever management seems to be fairly competent but upper level management has a tendency to make rash decisions and leaves the lower levels to clean up the messes. Over all good company to work for but pay is below industry standard and the benefits packages aren't bad.
My job can at the courthouse can be very busy especially during jury week.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Dothan, AlAugust 6, 2015
My typical day at work can be busy at times and it can be slow at times. When we have jury week it can be busy because there are over 300 people in the courthouse for jury week. When its not jury week it can be slow because its not many people coming into the courthouse.
better commutication between management and employees
lead janitior (Former Employee) –  hamilton gaJuly 10, 2015
cleaning , dusting, carrying out trash. I learned you can't trust people. management shows favor to some of the employees. co-workers did not like to take orders from me. the hardest part of my job was being picked on to step down from the position as lead janitor . the most enjoyable part was enacting with the children and staff at the school.
Pros
stress free work place
Cons
No benifits with company
great place to work
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for southern. Fun,Fun,Fun. Great customers and team players. However with such a great company and so many happy employees senior management is staying long term and its hard to get promoted.
great
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 26, 2015
A Workday for me at ABM is five hours, which includes vacuum, sweeping, moping, dusting, and general cleaning of the common area of building.
Okay job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 10, 2015
I love my managers but, the pay sucks and you don't get paid when school is out anymore unless you work summers and summer hours are bad and they don't do part time summer workers.
Pros
Nice hours, Easy job
Cons
Bad pay
Not good place to work
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AlabamaApril 27, 2015
This company was very unorganized. Not a professional and a bad environment to work in. You were not given the equipment that you needed to complete the daily job assigned to you.
Overall very learning experience and great work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 14, 2015
A typical day working for southern management required me to be in a awesome environment with large numbers of children and people. The job also required me to be alone without any supervision for many hours every night of the week. I was responsible for making sure the schools were cleaned properly every night.
I love to clean!!
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMarch 19, 2015
I had the most exciting time working for Southern Management, for the simple fact that I am a very clean person. I love to clean and be a team player.
Working for SMC...
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 19, 2015
I love working for SMC. My co-workers are great! It feels like we're family. The residents are nice and I love what our resident service team does for them. We have events for them such as bingo nights, back to school supplies for the kids...it's an amazing feeling. The only down fall is how micro managed we are. Speaking for myself, that is, I can not work in that type of environment.
Excellent Customer Service Culture
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Great place to work. Pays well and as well as invests in team members. Company believes in hiring from within. Tenure tends to be long due to these factors (good). however, it causes you to sit in the same position for a wile due to higher positions being held longer by tenured team members.
Pros
long tenure, good pay
Cons
no supervision for leadership
loved my job
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 21, 2015
I loved my job, working with the kids and the teachers, I made some great friends there. I liked the people that I worked with , it is a very hard job .
Pros
friends i made
Cons
it was a hard job
It was a job you wouldnt expect to be like it is.
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Getting ready on the ride knowing you have no clue where your going to clean but its nice you meet other people and make friends and get to be proud of your work along with the compliments.
How to clean everything with good supplies anything can be cleaned right.
He was a good coach trusting.
Fun folks they make the job less stressful.
Stripping the floors.
Payday honestly,simple days also helped.
Pros
easy work
Cons
aggravating
I loved my job!
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke VADecember 31, 2014
I loved my job. It was a lot of traveling involved, learned how to handle any and all situation. All co workers was like family everyone depended on me.