Southern Management

Southern Management Employee Reviews

Okay job
Custodian (Current Employee), Dalton, GAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Nice hours, Easy job
Cons: Bad pay
I love my managers but, the pay sucks and you don't get paid when school is out anymore unless you work summers and summer hours are bad and they don't do part time summer workers.
Not good place to work
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaApril 27, 2015
This company was very unorganized. Not a professional and a bad environment to work in. You were not given the equipment that you needed to complete the daily job assigned to you.
Overall very learning experience and great work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 14, 2015
A typical day working for southern management required me to be in a awesome environment with large numbers of children and people. The job also required me to be alone without any supervision for many hours every night of the week. I was responsible for making sure the schools were cleaned properly every night.
I love to clean!!
JANITOR (Former Employee), Bainbridge, GAMarch 19, 2015
I had the most exciting time working for Southern Management, for the simple fact that I am a very clean person. I love to clean and be a team player.
Working for SMC...
Leasing Professional (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDFebruary 19, 2015
I love working for SMC. My co-workers are great! It feels like we're family. The residents are nice and I love what our resident service team does for them. We have events for them such as bingo nights, back to school supplies for the kids...it's an amazing feeling. The only down fall is how micro managed we are. Speaking for myself, that is, I can not work in that type of environment.
Excellent Customer Service Culture
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: long tenure, good pay
Cons: no supervision for leadership
Great place to work. Pays well and as well as invests in team members. Company believes in hiring from within. Tenure tends to be long due to these factors (good). however, it causes you to sit in the same position for a wile due to higher positions being held longer by tenured team members.
loved my job
Lead Custodian (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friends i made
Cons: it was a hard job
I loved my job, working with the kids and the teachers, I made some great friends there. I liked the people that I worked with , it is a very hard job .
It was a job you wouldnt expect to be like it is.
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: aggravating
Getting ready on the ride knowing you have no clue where your going to clean but its nice you meet other people and make friends and get to be proud of your work along with the compliments.
How to clean everything with good supplies anything can be cleaned right.
He was a good coach trusting.
Fun folks they make the job less stressful.
Stripping the floors.
Payday honestly,simple days also helped.
I loved my job!
Area Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke VADecember 31, 2014
I loved my job. It was a lot of traveling involved, learned how to handle any and all situation. All co workers was like family everyone depended on me.
Very Strict place to work.
Bill Collector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2014
Pros: after collecting $10, 000.00, 10% will be your commission thereafter.
Calling on past due accounts for different projects such as collecting or settling for apartment complexes and also for video news.

What I learned there was how to be a very strong collector and collect money.

My co-workers at that time were very pleasant and were also very helpful.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to practice any type of customer service, since I do enjoy helping others in need.

The part I did enjoy at this job was able to interact with co-workers and learn how to deal with objections.
Plenty of work .
Floor Technician (Former Employee), columbus gaNovember 3, 2014
Some days are good some days are not.
How to work safely around others .
hardest of the job is getting supplies .
dealing with management
nothing
I liked this job and it was a great opportunity
custodian (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 19, 2014
This was a good job and it was a great opportunity for me. I moved to a better opportunity for me.
i love to swim
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Laurel, MDSeptember 22, 2014
SWIMMING IS A PASSION I LOVED WORKING HERE. BUT I HAD TO STOP ONCE I WENT TO JOB CORP.
If you're new to the industry, they are big on training and promoting from within the company.
Property Manager (Former Employee), Vienna, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: supportive
Cons: corporate office staff positions are few and availability for these positions is low.
If you have a strong work ethic and are full of enthusiasm this is a great place to work.
A challenging, energetic opportunity to assist business owners in their desire to become more profitable by increasing margins and cash flow.
Vice President of New Business Development (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 12, 2014
Pros: fast-paced energetic environment with flexibilty of schedule and a rewarding outcome.
Cons: excessive travel schedule.
Responsible for analyzing management and business plans of businesses that contracted with us for our services. Our priority was to increase cash flow and margins. I analyzed every aspect of the clients business plan and operations and made recommendations to the management team.
Great Benefits
Leasing professional (Former Employee), Windsor Mill, Md. 21244May 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: supervisor not professional in matters of advancement only wanted to advance friends
Working for Southern Management was a wonderful experience. I loved how they backed and encouraged employees to help lots of charities. They trained you very well and the pay was great. I loved working with my co workers. Over the years we became a family.
innadequate training
Manager (Former Employee), Mountain City, TNMay 25, 2014
Pros: bonus program, most weekends off, several paid holidays
Cons: huge turnover in company, difficult goals to meet, long hours and late nights when goals were not met
A typical day at work consisted of going in and calling customers who were past due on their payments, overseeing general operations of office, accept customer payments. The most rewarding part of the job was being able to assist customers and loan them money when they really needed it. The worst part of the job was the negativity you received from customers who refused to pay and the fact that the goals were set so high each month they were almost impossible to achieve. I learned a lot about dealing with different personalities. There is a huge turnover in the company I worked for so I had to learn to adjust to many different personalities which I feel I handled very well.
N/A
Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2014
Cleaning, mopping burnishing and buffing floors. I learned how to manage my time. My co-workers were helpful.
Productive and cleaning
Jantorial /Custodian (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: getting more experience
Cons: no breaks
A typical at work is getting the cart and cleaning the bathroom and getting through and going home.
Good Company
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: stable
This is a good company to work for as it is owned by ABM. I like the responsibilities, I am also looking for something more challenging with the opportunity to advance.

Southern Management Salaries