Southern Management Employee Reviews

A steady job
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 8, 2015
The job is steady money but the people aren't always easy to work with or work for. If you dont like cleaning after others this isnt the job for you.
Productive workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Hanover, MDAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Free Lunches
Cons: No sitting
A typical day with Southern Management would be mainly answering phone and assisting guest with daily request. Iv'e learned better ways to give greater customer service, smile even when the guest is upset/unhappy with there service and also to file all documents necessary. My managers are caring people, iv'e notice they want the best for there employees and would like to see them improve. My co-workers are reliable and trustworthy. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a guest that is unhappy because i really don't like when people feel like their getting treated unfairly and also to stand for 8 hours. My most enjoyable part of my day is to see a familiar guest walk into the hotel and they tell me everything that's new with them.
SMC
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Athens, ALAugust 7, 2015
Customer service is a major part of this business, So is the collection process. 2-3 hours of every work day is spent calling passed due customer accounts. Mid lever management seems to be fairly competent but upper level management has a tendency to make rash decisions and leaves the lower levels to clean up the messes. Over all good company to work for but pay is below industry standard and the benefits packages aren't bad.
My job can at the courthouse can be very busy especially during jury week.
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Dothan, AlAugust 6, 2015
My typical day at work can be busy at times and it can be slow at times. When we have jury week it can be busy because there are over 300 people in the courthouse for jury week. When its not jury week it can be slow because its not many people coming into the courthouse.
better commutication between management and employees
lead janitior (Former Employee), hamilton gaJuly 10, 2015
Pros: stress free work place
Cons: No benifits with company
cleaning , dusting, carrying out trash. I learned you can't trust people. management shows favor to some of the employees. co-workers did not like to take orders from me. the hardest part of my job was being picked on to step down from the position as lead janitor . the most enjoyable part was enacting with the children and staff at the school.
great place to work
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for southern. Fun,Fun,Fun. Great customers and team players. However with such a great company and so many happy employees senior management is staying long term and its hard to get promoted.
great
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 26, 2015
A Workday for me at ABM is five hours, which includes vacuum, sweeping, moping, dusting, and general cleaning of the common area of building.
Okay job
Custodian (Current Employee), Dalton, GAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Nice hours, Easy job
Cons: Bad pay
I love my managers but, the pay sucks and you don't get paid when school is out anymore unless you work summers and summer hours are bad and they don't do part time summer workers.
Not good place to work
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaApril 27, 2015
This company was very unorganized. Not a professional and a bad environment to work in. You were not given the equipment that you needed to complete the daily job assigned to you.
Overall very learning experience and great work environment.
Custodian (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 14, 2015
A typical day working for southern management required me to be in a awesome environment with large numbers of children and people. The job also required me to be alone without any supervision for many hours every night of the week. I was responsible for making sure the schools were cleaned properly every night.
I love to clean!!
JANITOR (Former Employee), Bainbridge, GAMarch 19, 2015
I had the most exciting time working for Southern Management, for the simple fact that I am a very clean person. I love to clean and be a team player.
Working for SMC...
Leasing Professional (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDFebruary 19, 2015
I love working for SMC. My co-workers are great! It feels like we're family. The residents are nice and I love what our resident service team does for them. We have events for them such as bingo nights, back to school supplies for the kids...it's an amazing feeling. The only down fall is how micro managed we are. Speaking for myself, that is, I can not work in that type of environment.
Excellent Customer Service Culture
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: long tenure, good pay
Cons: no supervision for leadership
Great place to work. Pays well and as well as invests in team members. Company believes in hiring from within. Tenure tends to be long due to these factors (good). however, it causes you to sit in the same position for a wile due to higher positions being held longer by tenured team members.
loved my job
Lead Custodian (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friends i made
Cons: it was a hard job
I loved my job, working with the kids and the teachers, I made some great friends there. I liked the people that I worked with , it is a very hard job .
It was a job you wouldnt expect to be like it is.
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: aggravating
Getting ready on the ride knowing you have no clue where your going to clean but its nice you meet other people and make friends and get to be proud of your work along with the compliments.
How to clean everything with good supplies anything can be cleaned right.
He was a good coach trusting.
Fun folks they make the job less stressful.
Stripping the floors.
Payday honestly,simple days also helped.
I loved my job!
Area Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke VADecember 31, 2014
I loved my job. It was a lot of traveling involved, learned how to handle any and all situation. All co workers was like family everyone depended on me.
Very Strict place to work.
Bill Collector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2014
Pros: after collecting $10, 000.00, 10% will be your commission thereafter.
Calling on past due accounts for different projects such as collecting or settling for apartment complexes and also for video news.

What I learned there was how to be a very strong collector and collect money.

My co-workers at that time were very pleasant and were also very helpful.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to practice any type of customer service, since I do enjoy helping others in need.

The part I did enjoy at this job was able to interact with co-workers and learn how to deal with objections.
Plenty of work .
Floor Technician (Former Employee), columbus gaNovember 3, 2014
Some days are good some days are not.
How to work safely around others .
hardest of the job is getting supplies .
dealing with management
nothing
I liked this job and it was a great opportunity
custodian (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 19, 2014
This was a good job and it was a great opportunity for me. I moved to a better opportunity for me.
i love to swim
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Laurel, MDSeptember 22, 2014
SWIMMING IS A PASSION I LOVED WORKING HERE. BUT I HAD TO STOP ONCE I WENT TO JOB CORP.