Southern Management Employee Reviews

Loved the job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Grate place to work leaned a lot of stuff I didn't know and grate people to work with if u needed help they were there to help u out and then we would work in groups at times to get everything dun over the summer I leaned how to clean the floors and wax them
Productive stayed busy
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Made sure offices,bathrooms were cleaned on a daily routine basics.Clean on daily route through out mill.Good management was a contract job .
Great place to work!!
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 30, 2016
Very understanding. Great communication! Easy to work with. Balanced work/personal life with ease. Had no issues with employer.
Work Hard
Administrative Assistant II & Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 27, 2016
Great Company. Benefits, earnings, and bonuses were fair. Room for advancement, and professionalism. Free training. The company was strict with what to wear, felt more military style at work.
Pros
Learning opportunity
Workin g with others in filed was productive
Divisional Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 19, 2016
Management was very old school and unwilling to move forward with culture and times. Job could have been made much more productive with computer advancements and less hand written information
Rough job with little pay
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALJuly 17, 2016
This was a a job with no advancement. The jobs I was doing was very nasty and dirty. I did the jobs with no problem. The pay was not great. It was a rough job.
Pros
40 hours a week sometimes
Cons
no benefits (Holiday pay, sick pay, or vacation)
Productive great work place
Maintenance Assistant/Groundsperson (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 5, 2016
Great learning experience.Good coworkers and great benefits not that good with injury and sick leave but overall a great company to work for would recommend for anyone looking to grow in the maintenance field. Great opportunity with free classes available for numerous trades.
• Operated spinning machines
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 12, 2016
• Operated spinning machines
• Maintained records for machine maintenance and performance
• Proactively informed management of issues reducing capacity optimization
• Coordinated training of new employees and cross-training of existing employees
• Analyzed machine output to maintain quality control
Pros
knowledged gained in industrial enviroment
Cons
worked 12 hr swing shift
Productive work environment with great team members
Administrative Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  MDJune 8, 2016
Great company with benefits that are second to none. I really enjoyed that Southern was employee focused and work/ life balance was great.
Pros
Compensation, Work/life blance, Training
Cons
Very competitive hiring process
Smc
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJune 1, 2016
Southern Management is the best property managment company to work for because it offers great training, compensation and benefits.
Not family oriented and supportive
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 26, 2016
My supervisor at the time is a pervert. I will never go back. I gave the company 4 years of dedication and loyalty. The supervisor never supported my decision as a manager. He was a sexist pig!!!!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Fine for short term work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 9, 2016
Your job is plainly stated and for the most part you are held responsible for what you do. Pay is fair and the benefits are great. There are clear issues with management and also there is not much room to grow as managers tend to stay where they are.
Fun & Exciting environment to work at
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDMay 1, 2016
I enjoy working at Southern Management because it allows me to grow as an individual and within my career. I started as a paid intern and then earned my position I have now. I love working at my community and enjoy the people I work with along with the residents who live where I work. I would recommend anyone who was looking for a career to Southern Management.
Productive and fun with great people
Service Technician M-2 (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2016
Typical day started with service tickets, then punch-outs. It was busy but fun. The management was great, they really didn't bother us too much because we did what was assigned to us with efficiency. my co-workers were great they always helped when needed, they showed me a great deal of things that helped me get better.
Corp. ladder has no limit to suceed.
Maintenance tech/m3 (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VirginiaApril 14, 2016
Every morning, run emergency work orders. Then punch out apt. that is needed to move in that day or later that week. Assist co-worker in areas that is needed. The hardest thing about job is when we are short on staff. The part that I like most when company has functions for employees. Overall SMC is awsoome.
Pros
Rents six flags park just for employees.
Cons
no cons.
nice people
custodian (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 6, 2016
need better benefits. enjoyed the people I worked with. my supervisor was great. I don't feel they handled our layoff correctly
Career not job mentality
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDMarch 25, 2016
Every community is different. Your direct property manager sets the tone for the community. I had an amazing property manager who I will look up to for years to come due to the experience and lessons she gave me. You work hard but get rewarded for it!
Amazing working experience
Grounds Person and Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  VariesMarch 17, 2016
Southern management was an experience of an lifetime. The team that I got to work with were irreplaceable. Although, we all were colleagues in a professional environment, it definitely felt more of a tight knit family. They've taught me skills and valuable lessons that I'd carry with me for the rest of my life.
SMC Review
stationary engineer (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 13, 2016
I enjoyed my experience working at SMC in both the engineering and aquatics divisions. Excellent benefits and company perks.
Ok place to work.
Production Helper (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 5, 2016
When I worked with them I was on call 24-7 but they have changed since then. Now they are off on weekends and only work at night two days a week. With this job you clean all the machines and building at flowers in Villa Rica.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Management. Our community is ready to answer.