Southern Maryland Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Very Producted
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDNovember 16, 2016
Very business place to work, it require a lot of patients and accuracy. You dealt with patients love one alot of important information, so it took a lot of concentration.
Pros
It took alot out of you at times
Cons
Short breaks and rewards
We want the old Southern Md back!
Emergency Room Transporter (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDOctober 24, 2015
Morale has declined tremendously, employee safety is a huge concern and everyone who's not administration is unhappy.
wonderful atmosphere to work in
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDAugust 7, 2015
The job is becoming more tolerable with the introduction of digital equipment,for the most part the employees work well together and are very competent and knowledgeable .
Productive and busy work place
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDMay 10, 2015
Working in registration, you got to learn about all different test and diagnostics, and see different people. You are always busy, co-workers great.
Pros
Days went by fast, met diffrent people
Cons
sometimes to busy to get lunch break, and working in the E.R and being present when family gets bad news about their loved one
Great place too work.
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDApril 11, 2015
Busy and productive. Great opportunity for advancement. Great teamwork effort. Opportunity to learn many things and help a lot of people.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Constantly busy.
A very productive workplace.
PHLEBOTOMIST (EXTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work, was drawing blood, and talking to patients. I learned a lot so fast. The management was very helpful,answered all of my questions. The job was not a hard job because the co-workers explained everything good.The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Pros
Talking and helping patients.
Cons
No Cons.
Day at Southern Md hospital
Security Guard- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Clinton MDOctober 7, 2014
To secure the grounds and to monitor the securtiy cameras that was though out the hospital.
Fast paced hospital setting
Emergency Department /Trauma Technician (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDAugust 31, 2014
influx of severly ill and injured patients that required quick and efficient medical care in order to stabilize and treat those individuals who have extensive health care issues;
Good learning environment
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDApril 21, 2014
Was a student here, had lots of "scan" time, which is condusive to learning. Most other techs helpful and pleasant.
Southern MD
Volunteer Aide, CAT (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDDecember 7, 2013
Great industry to volunteer for. I volunteer every Friday and enjoy working with the CAT scan dept.
I'm ex-military who is very detailed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDSeptember 3, 2013
On a typical work day I check the court calendar in the morning to see how many prisoners to court fro arraignment and sentencing. Being in Law Enforcement you learn on how to deal with the public. I manage all types of detainees with mental and physical problems on a daily basis. Going through unscheduled drills to evacuate 250 prisoners from court during to busiest time of the day. the most enjoyable part of the day is going home without any injuries to inmates, the public, or staff. I will bring my resume and awards package to the interview.
Pros
I'm a people person with a pleasant attitude.
benefits
One step closer to my dreams
Candy Striper (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDFebruary 15, 2013
I enjoyed being in the hospital so much. It was always something to do. I bonded with a lot of the employees, as well as the patients. I was always on my feet. I had to stock materials, pick up orders for the nurses, pick up trays for the patients. Also, I was taught to assemble charts, and file records as necessary. Though I was only a volunteer I worked a full day shift. From 7:30am (or earlier) to 4:45pm (or later) Monday-Friday. It was a really good experience for me, especially since I am striving to some day become an OB-GYN.
Enjoyed the opportunity to work as a Wound Care Nurse during the time I spent back in the hospital setting.
Wound Care Nurse/Certified Wound Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDFebruary 5, 2013
I spent the largest part of my nursing career with this health system.This hospital was lacking in good management for much of that time. There was a frequent turnover of nursing directors.
Pros
fair salary; freedom to do my job without micromanagement.
Cons
organization at the management levels.
Good Place to work and grow.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  PsychiatryJanuary 26, 2013
I works nights with one of the Best people I've ever work. Shift is calm with minimal interruption. We understand ourselves and get the job done.
Pros
avalaible tools to work with
Cons
potential for injuries
Great Medical Care
Auditor/Reviewer/Special Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJuly 17, 2012
This company is well focused on providing great medical care to the community.
Private owned hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJuly 13, 2012
I learned a lot about medical records and that department. My co-workers were great to work with. There was nothing hard about this job. I enjoyed it.
Pros
working with many doctors
Seeking a certified nursing assistant position, which will require me to expand my nursing experience while providing quality health care to patients
certified nursing assistant -med-surg/telemetry (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDMay 11, 2012
Typical day at work- Taking and recording vital signs,Glucose testing,Provided customer service/Care & comfort,EKG,Record Keeping, ADL's
transported patient

I learned how to multi task in a busy environment.

Management was very resourceful, professional and always willing to give a helping hand.

My co-workers was easy to work with and reliable.

The hardest part of the job was restraining the patient for the own safety.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the patient heal.
LOVED everything about this job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDMarch 9, 2012
I really enjoyed working with the different doctors and staff and helping patients.
Pros
ward parties, benefits