Southern Nazarene University

Southern Nazarene University Employer Reviews

Great working with traditional as well as adult students
Director, Career Services/Student Employment (Former Employee), Bethany, OKMay 19, 2014
Pros: great place to work!
Cons: wish i could have worked there longer, spouse accepted new job offer back home in fort worth, tx
Enjoyed the working associations with not only the students, but my co-workers/campus leadership.

Recognized as 'Manager of the Year' 2002 for work in the business community in securing job placement for student workers thru my association in the local Chamber of Commerce;

University member (among 27 other Oklahoma university campuses) in the NASA – more... / Oklahoma Space Grant Consortium acquiring internship placement opportunities for our students;

During my 9.5 year tenure at SNU, I learned more appreciation in working with people of all ages, statures in the campus community as well as business relationships created on behalf of students of all ages. – less
meeting new people and different cultures.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2014
normal housekeeping work.
learned different job skills
management was good to work with.
co-workers were very good workers
not enough time to complete the job.
meeting with new students.
Fun place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bethany, OKFebruary 23, 2014
The best part of the day was being able to see everyone I knew at the school as well as help anyone out.
Christian Education Environment
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Bethany, OKFebruary 15, 2014
I enjoyed my time at SNU and the knowledge I gained from the Education field.
Work study, flexible times
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Bethany, OKJuly 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: time management
A typical day of work was usually spent working alone sorting papers and entering grades into the Universities Network.
I learned a lot from my years working as a secretary. I learned about communication, organizational skills, computer skills, and keeping up on my work.
The management was easy going and understanding with my school hours. I didn't – more... have any coworkers, except for the times that I had to train a new student coming in.
The hardest part of my job was trying to balance school, work, and social time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my employer and some of his other coworkers. – less
Southern Nazarene is a wonderful place to work. A typical day at work is dealing with undergrad and Masters students on a wonderful campus
Administative asst. to graduate Program (Current Employee), Bethany OKJuly 11, 2013
Pros: i do set up luncheons for our masters students and undergrad students with catering, that does allow me to have free lunches occasionally, our office is a laid back environment that is very enjoyable to work in.
Cons: traffic on drive to work and home, gas, wear and tear on my car.
Southern Nazarene is a great place to work with a wonderful Christian environment. I have leaned several programs on a mac computer since working here since 2001 with a wonderful leadership. I work with 8 other people and couldn't ask for better co workers. The hardest part of my job is multitasking for 7 professors and 20 adjuncts. It is a task that – more... I thoroughly enjoy doing because I love to help people. I am a people person. I am a team player and am willing to help with any task that is asked of me without hesitation. I do enjoy my job. Just would love to get closer to home because of gas prices and wear and tear on vehicles. – less
Perfect while in school
Assistant in Graduate Studies in Management (Former Employee), Bethany, OKJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: great people, family environment
Cons: low pay
Overall the working hours were great for class schedules
It was a joy assisting and working with the entire faculty, staff, and student body.
Management was great they had an open door policy and they let us do our job and assisted when needed.
Coworkers were awesome we were one big family in our department
Downtime between assigned tasks
Working with – more... the people – less
Great place if you are willing to work for a strict christian university.
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bethany, OKOctober 14, 2012
Pros: community based work environment
Cons: low pay
this is a great job and has great relationships. you can really find your place at this job.

The compensation is very low for the amount of work you do.

The people you work for are interested in your life and you definitely become a part of the community.