Southern New Hampshire Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not the level of professionalism I would expect
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 31, 2017
The hierarchy in this hospital is not something you should expect to find in a business that relies so heavily on interdepartmental communication and teamwork. Physicians are ordering unnecessary emergent examinations around the clock on patients who show little to no indications for them,calling in employees in the wee hours of the morning for exams that are not life threatening. While every other hospital has an on-call policy for what is considered emergent criteria for calling in another employee, this one does not. At least not in my department. And the unspoken rule is not to ask to questions and don't complain. The argument for this, I believe, is expediting patient care. However, this behavior from physicians is more for protecting themselves from lawsuits. And it comes at a cost for the employees and the patients and their insurance companies. There is also one supervisor in particular who has no relevant skills for a leadership position (bullying is not a skill) and needs to be replaced immediately.
Pros
decent pay scale
Cons
poor management in certain departments
Excellent team atmophere in a small hospital
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 7, 2016
Fantastic people and pleasant environment. Salaries are considerably low compared to other hospitals in the area but the people are certainly a positive.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Salary
Great plac to work for
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 7, 2017
This was my favorite place to work for I still stay in touch with thr president of the company and most of my coworkers, highly recommend working here.
Pros
great hours
Disappointing job
Current Nurse (Current Employee) –  NurseMarch 6, 2013
Some of the nurses I work with are great but others not so much. I have been left to twist in the wind many times by my colleagues. Management is unrealistic with expectations, patient to nurse ratio is unsafe after 3pm. Lunch or any other type of break is nonexistent-lucky if an uniterrupted bathroom break is to be had. Even the best nurses are not able to take breaks or get out on time but we are expected to finish our tasks in a reasonable manner and ensure patient safety & satisfaction. The pay is HORRIBLE-several dollars less than the surrounding facilities! They expect nurses to have a BSN but don't want to compensate for the education. The benefits are also terrible-what you pay for and what you get are so unbalanced. The morale amongst the staff is so low it's depressing at best. I have witnessed the best nurses break under the pressures of the job. The only thing positive I can say is that everyone works hard to ensure the patients are well cared for, even under the worst circumstances, safety is a priority. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I'm leaving for the day.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
read my statement
Excellent company
RN Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 30, 2012
This company provided nurses with competitive salaries and good benefits. The work was demanding but management was fair and provided flexible schedules.
Pros
good compensation, benefits, flexibility
Current RN.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 13, 2013
I would not recommend working at SNHMC. Management doesn't care about employees. You can never get a day off. They don't work around people's schedules, "bottom line is staffing the floor appropriately." The pay for nurses is laughable. It is about 10$ less an hour than hospitals near by. The majority of nursing assistants are lazy, they have no accountability, they always need to be told, can never have their own tasks that get completed. Even when they are told, you might as well just do it yourself. People walk around all the time saying what a bad place it is to work. I have gotten anti anxiety & anti depressant medication since I have started working there. The nurse to patient ratio is higher than surrounding places. They never have equipment that works, whether it be vital sign equipment, or computers, or scanners for medication, always broken! Staff in other departments do not communicate well with the staff on the nursing floors, they always act like they are being bothered.
Pros
free parking. nice group of patients
Cons
no breaks! no room for professional advancement. negative atmosphere. very bad pay!
Staff Nurse on Oncology Floor/Medical Surgical floor
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  3 WestDecember 27, 2013
Duties on 3West were getting bedside report from previous shift, determining if any information passed on required immediate attention, administration of medications, treatments, report of abnormal labs to doctors, teaching patients if needed on new medications, treatments and tests.

Every day at the job was a learning experience. I worked with a wonderful group of nurses.

The hardest part of the job was trying to educate patients who either didn't want to learn or didn't have the ability to learn.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to have even 1 patient say that they appreciated all that I did for them that day.
Pros
Great staff of nurses
Cons
Hospital recently hired many brand new grads
A clean and team work atmosphere
/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 5, 2014
A typically day at work started at 3:00 P.M. I would stock linens until 5:00 p.m. After this I cleaned Doctors office and patients areas. Break for dinner. Finished cleaning Doctors office and patients areas. Generally, around 9:30 would clean coffee shop. When we would have a call out the team would split the work and help one another. Hardest part of my job would be the attitudes of a few nursing staff members. The most enjoyable part of my job was the individuals I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Given Responsability.
better advancement of staff
staff (Former Employee) –  nashua, nhMarch 7, 2015
They give proper training needed for the job required. The Management is very respectful very professional. Coworkers work well together. Middle management is strong. The best part of the day is getting to know patients and staff
Pros
Good management
Cons
pay could be better
Very hectic and extremely busy. Time passed quickly.
Sonographer - Generalist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 19, 2012
I essentially worked alone from 4:00pm untill 9:00pm. It was hectic, no time to bond with fellow employees. Ther also was a major change in management, and a large turnover in staff.
Pros
free parking, the hosoital employees were friendly.
Cons
no breaks, dangerous location
Clinical Assistant, Lna (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 21, 2014
The staff at this hospital is awsome. Everyone is nice and is willing to help, and teach you. It`s a busy environment so put your roller skates on. I dont know about all management but My manager was the best I've ever had.
Excellent educational experience
Licenced Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 21, 2015
Worked as a Licensed Nursing Assistant. Obtained vitals signs, assisted nurses with treatments and provided patient care on a daily basis.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Great educational experience
SNHMC is a magnet hospital and an excellent facility for cardiac care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be 4-5 caths plus TEEs, Cardioversions. This hospital has done 99% of there caths with a radial approach since 2008. My co-workers are very skilled, a mix of 3 RNs and 3 Techs with one lab, a holding/procedure area and 1 + labs. The call requirement was the hardest part of the job with 15+ nights of call/month.
An organization that has grown and offers comprehensive care to the Nashua region.
Office Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 6, 2014
I worked in several RN roles within this organization as it grew into a state of the art facility. The opportunities I had ranged from inpatient staff nurse on telemetry, psychiatric unit, ER psych evals and then working in Family Practice offices.
Wonderful Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 29, 2013
Through my first year at Rivier University, I obtained my clinical experience on the Telemetry floor at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center. Throughout my time on the floor, I feel that I was taught many valuable skills, and hope to only build upon those skills.
Productive workplace with a great culture!
Emergency Management Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 16, 2015
This is a great place to work, the employees really work around the mission of the organization. The staff is really supportive. There is a strong teamwork ethic.
Small community hospital
Medical Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashua nhJuly 6, 2014
If you like working for a small hospital this one is great. The commute was the biggest con for me. I left to find a job closer to home.
Loved environment, staff, very educational
Phlebotomist Laboratory/Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 25, 2012
Most enjoyable about my job was the patients. Also I learned a great deal about my skill being a Phlebotomist!
Wonderful place to work
Licenced Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 20, 2014
I worked here as a lna while attending nursing school.. Wonderful experience and great team work!
learned so much from the medical stuff
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 15, 2012
i would really be privileged to work among the outstanding medical stuff at SNHMC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Southern New Hampshire Medical Center Reviews by Location