Southern New Hampshire Medical Center Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
LNA (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 7, 2017
I love working there. I get to see a lot and learn a lot. I wish i could stay but they do not take LPNs in the hospital. I am really hopping to stay with the company though and work in the doctors office while i go back to school for my RN. I love working there.
Great place for Paramedics
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 26, 2017
Great opportunity for Paramedics to expand their scope and work closely with doctors, nurses and other staff. Competitive wages. Staff and management always supportive with a great team mentality.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 11, 2017
Mid size hospital in small city in New Hampshire. Supportive culture- Nursing requires time management and a pot of patience. Still think its a good career to get into
Fast-paced fun place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 13, 2017
Everyday is different working at this hospital, one day you could be crazy busy and the next you are looking for things to keep yourself occupied. I enjoyed going into work and not knowing how my day might turn out.
OR Technologist
Operating Room Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 23, 2017
I am a fulltime OR technologist and enjoy my job very much but am looking to venture out and see what else is out there.

I work very closely with many surgeons who I have grown to love and enjoy working with them on a daily basis.
Not the level of professionalism I would expect
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 31, 2017
The hierarchy in this hospital is not something you should expect to find in a business that relies so heavily on interdepartmental communication and teamwork. Physicians are ordering unnecessary emergent examinations around the clock on patients who show little to no indications for them,calling in employees in the wee hours of the morning for exams that are not life threatening. While every other hospital has an on-call policy for what is considered emergent criteria for calling in another employee, this one does not. At least not in my department. And the unspoken rule is not to ask to questions and don't complain. The argument for this, I believe, is expediting patient care. However, this behavior from physicians is more for protecting themselves from lawsuits. And it comes at a cost for the employees and the patients and their insurance companies. There is also one supervisor in particular who has no relevant skills for a leadership position (bullying is not a skill) and needs to be replaced immediately.
Pros
decent pay scale
Cons
poor management in certain departments
Great plac to work for
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJanuary 7, 2017
This was my favorite place to work for I still stay in touch with thr president of the company and most of my coworkers, highly recommend working here.
Pros
great hours
Not what everybody expects
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
I gave one star as the values shown are in reality not follow by the company. Management is bias and goes by rumors to judge employee. The system employee evaluation encourages rivalry among fellow coworkers,on the outside everybody seems nice but when it comes evaluation time, they will destroy you if see you are a good potential for a raise. They stressed the importance of work life balance but that's another fantasy. You will not look good if you don't keep up with emails during your days off or even vacation. You will also look bad if you stay in the same position for about 3-4yrs they said you need to look higher level even if you do a good job .No job security you can be fired anytime if you are a good employee or not with without reason.
Excellent team atmophere in a small hospital
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 7, 2016
Fantastic people and pleasant environment. Salaries are considerably low compared to other hospitals in the area but the people are certainly a positive.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Salary
Excellent educational experience
Licenced Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 21, 2015
Worked as a Licensed Nursing Assistant. Obtained vitals signs, assisted nurses with treatments and provided patient care on a daily basis.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Great educational experience

Want to know more about Southern New Hampshire Medical Center?

Ask a question
Productive workplace with a great culture!
Emergency Management Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 16, 2015
This is a great place to work, the employees really work around the mission of the organization. The staff is really supportive. There is a strong teamwork ethic.
better advancement of staff
staff (Former Employee) –  nashua, nhMarch 7, 2015
They give proper training needed for the job required. The Management is very respectful very professional. Coworkers work well together. Middle management is strong. The best part of the day is getting to know patients and staff
Pros
Good management
Cons
pay could be better
An organization that has grown and offers comprehensive care to the Nashua region.
Office Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 6, 2014
I worked in several RN roles within this organization as it grew into a state of the art facility. The opportunities I had ranged from inpatient staff nurse on telemetry, psychiatric unit, ER psych evals and then working in Family Practice offices.
Clinical Assistant, Lna (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 21, 2014
The staff at this hospital is awsome. Everyone is nice and is willing to help, and teach you. It`s a busy environment so put your roller skates on. I dont know about all management but My manager was the best I've ever had.
Small community hospital
Medical Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashua nhJuly 6, 2014
If you like working for a small hospital this one is great. The commute was the biggest con for me. I left to find a job closer to home.
A clean and team work atmosphere
/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 5, 2014
A typically day at work started at 3:00 P.M. I would stock linens until 5:00 p.m. After this I cleaned Doctors office and patients areas. Break for dinner. Finished cleaning Doctors office and patients areas. Generally, around 9:30 would clean coffee shop. When we would have a call out the team would split the work and help one another. Hardest part of my job would be the attitudes of a few nursing staff members. The most enjoyable part of my job was the individuals I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Given Responsability.
Wonderful place to work
Licenced Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 20, 2014
I worked here as a lna while attending nursing school.. Wonderful experience and great team work!
SNHMC is a magnet hospital and an excellent facility for cardiac care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be 4-5 caths plus TEEs, Cardioversions. This hospital has done 99% of there caths with a radial approach since 2008. My co-workers are very skilled, a mix of 3 RNs and 3 Techs with one lab, a holding/procedure area and 1 + labs. The call requirement was the hardest part of the job with 15+ nights of call/month.
Staff Nurse on Oncology Floor/Medical Surgical floor
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  3 WestDecember 27, 2013
Duties on 3West were getting bedside report from previous shift, determining if any information passed on required immediate attention, administration of medications, treatments, report of abnormal labs to doctors, teaching patients if needed on new medications, treatments and tests.

Every day at the job was a learning experience. I worked with a wonderful group of nurses.

The hardest part of the job was trying to educate patients who either didn't want to learn or didn't have the ability to learn.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to have even 1 patient say that they appreciated all that I did for them that day.
Pros
Great staff of nurses
Cons
Hospital recently hired many brand new grads
Wonderful Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 29, 2013
Through my first year at Rivier University, I obtained my clinical experience on the Telemetry floor at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center. Throughout my time on the floor, I feel that I was taught many valuable skills, and hope to only build upon those skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Southern New Hampshire Medical Center Reviews by Job Title