Southern New Hampshire Medical Center

Southern New Hampshire Medical Center Employer Reviews

A clean and team work atmosphere
/Environmental Services (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 5, 2014
Pros: given responsability.
A typically day at work started at 3:00 P.M. I would stock linens until 5:00 p.m. After this I cleaned Doctors office and patients areas. Break for dinner. Finished cleaning Doctors office and patients areas. Generally, around 9:30 would clean coffee shop. When we would have a call out the team would split the work and help one another. Hardest part – more... of my job would be the attitudes of a few nursing staff members. The most enjoyable part of my job was the individuals I worked with on a daily basis. – less
Wonderful place to work
Licenced Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMay 20, 2014
I worked here as a lna while attending nursing school.. Wonderful experience and great team work!
SNHMC is a magnet hospital and an excellent facility for cardiac care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Nashua, NHApril 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be 4-5 caths plus TEEs, Cardioversions. This hospital has done 99% of there caths with a radial approach since 2008. My co-workers are very skilled, a mix of 3 RNs and 3 Techs with one lab, a holding/procedure area and 1 + labs. The call requirement was the hardest part of the job with 15+ nights of call/month.
Staff Nurse on Oncology Floor/Medical Surgical floor
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), 3 WestDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great staff of nurses
Cons: hospital recently hired many brand new grads
Duties on 3West were getting bedside report from previous shift, determining if any information passed on required immediate attention, administration of medications, treatments, report of abnormal labs to doctors, teaching patients if needed on new medications, treatments and tests.

Every day at the job was a learning experience. I worked with a wonderful – more... group of nurses.

The hardest part of the job was trying to educate patients who either didn't want to learn or didn't have the ability to learn.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to have even 1 patient say that they appreciated all that I did for them that day. – less
Wonderful Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 29, 2013
Through my first year at Rivier University, I obtained my clinical experience on the Telemetry floor at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center. Throughout my time on the floor, I feel that I was taught many valuable skills, and hope to only build upon those skills.
Disappointing job
Current Nurse (Current Employee), NurseMarch 6, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: read my statement
Some of the nurses I work with are great but others not so much. I have been left to twist in the wind many times by my colleagues. Management is unrealistic with expectations, patient to nurse ratio is unsafe after 3pm. Lunch or any other type of break is nonexistent-lucky if an uniterrupted bathroom break is to be had. Even the best nurses are not – more... able to take breaks or get out on time but we are expected to finish our tasks in a reasonable manner and ensure patient safety & satisfaction. The pay is HORRIBLE-several dollars less than the surrounding facilities! They expect nurses to have a BSN but don't want to compensate for the education. The benefits are also terrible-what you pay for and what you get are so unbalanced. The morale amongst the staff is so low it's depressing at best. I have witnessed the best nurses break under the pressures of the job. The only thing positive I can say is that everyone works hard to ensure the patients are well cared for, even under the worst circumstances, safety is a priority. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I'm leaving for the day. – less
Great group of people
Senior Cash Analyst (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 6, 2013
When everything is said and done, you're just a number at this company. Sad.
Current RN.
Nurse (Current Employee), Nashua, NHJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: free parking. nice group of patients
Cons: no breaks! no room for professional advancement. negative atmosphere. very bad pay!
I would not recommend working at SNHMC. Management doesn't care about employees. You can never get a day off. They don't work around people's schedules, "bottom line is staffing the floor appropriately." The pay for nurses is laughable. It is about 10$ less an hour than hospitals near by. The majority of nursing assistants are lazy, they have no accountability, – more... they always need to be told, can never have their own tasks that get completed. Even when they are told, you might as well just do it yourself. People walk around all the time saying what a bad place it is to work. I have gotten anti anxiety & anti depressant medication since I have started working there. The nurse to patient ratio is higher than surrounding places. They never have equipment that works, whether it be vital sign equipment, or computers, or scanners for medication, always broken! Staff in other departments do not communicate well with the staff on the nursing floors, they always act like they are being bothered. – less
Loved environment, staff, very educational
Phlebotomist Laboratory/Emergency Room (Former Employee), Nashua, NHSeptember 25, 2012
Most enjoyable about my job was the patients. Also I learned a great deal about my skill being a Phlebotomist!
Very hectic and extremely busy. Time passed quickly.
Sonographer - Generalist (Former Employee), Nashua, NHSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: free parking, the hosoital employees were friendly.
Cons: no breaks, dangerous location
I essentially worked alone from 4:00pm untill 9:00pm. It was hectic, no time to bond with fellow employees. Ther also was a major change in management, and a large turnover in staff.
learned so much from the medical stuff
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 15, 2012
i would really be privileged to work among the outstanding medical stuff at SNHMC
good place to work
housekeeping (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMay 9, 2012
picked up linen trash and bio hazard waste answer pages when needed
Excellent company
RN Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee), Nashua, NHMarch 30, 2012
Pros: good compensation, benefits, flexibility
This company provided nurses with competitive salaries and good benefits. The work was demanding but management was fair and provided flexible schedules.