Southern New Hampshire University

Southern New Hampshire University Employee Reviews

Great people and good benefits
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 20, 2015
Position isn't the greatest but overall a great place to work. Great benefits and lots of time off. Not as easy to advance as expected.
SNHU
Associate Professor On-Line (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHMay 3, 2015
Great university with a solid base of students and leadership. Great structure and organization with a very supportive and caring staff that has great direction and interaction with both students and faculty
Under Pressure
Admission Counselor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks, micromanagement
Dependent on the day we will be able to stay on the phone with students to make sure that they are a good fit for the University.
Working paid lead is one of the most difficult set of students in the entire University so our calls tend to be longer.
I enjoy talking with students and figuring out what they would like to do in the future.
I enjoy the administrative part of my job the most though, inputting data, making sure about the process for their applications stay on track.
Great place to work for
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), onlineApril 8, 2015
I've been teaching there part-time for over 4 years and it's a great place from my perspective. Very organized and they treat the adjuncts as part of the team.
A high-paced, fun environment to work in.
Admissions Counselor II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free tuition
Cons: High stress. Measured on
Working for Southern NH University has been one of the best experiences of my career. I've learned many different administrative skills that will continue to flourish as I move forward with my career. Not only has it been a great place to develop, I've also had the privilege to work with wonderful people that have become friends in and outside of work.
SHNU
instructor (Current Employee), remoteMarch 31, 2015
Work about 10-15 hours a week , and facilitates course online. Plans and preps weekly announcements, grade student work in one week from the day of submittal.
Fun university to work at with multiple types of people
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 25, 2015
Day to day working with 18-22 year old males and females
Learned how to work as a collective unit towards one end goal and how to be a leader
Productive and safe and fun environment to work for.
Admissions Administrator (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Meet new people, working with students and great benefits and discounts for employees.
Cons: short breaks.
Registering online students and ensuring that all communicaiton is distributed accordingly. I learned how to familiarize myself with software for online learning. Co-workers were great along with managment and all the representatives. Learning could be a challenge but once you get the proper training it becomes easier and flows without hesitation.
Productive work enviroment
Online Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHMarch 18, 2015
Good first job after graduation. Great co-wokers. Overall decent place to work.

Pros: benefits, co-workers. Cons: Administration, pay
big business, poor management, cliquey work environment
professor (Current Employee), Manchester/COCE/OnlineMarch 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, job openings
Accreditation no longer ensures quality and non-profits are easily distracted by profit goals-- the "secret" of SNHU's booming business isn't so secret. No incentive for faculty to perform above what the syllabus dictates.
Fun environment to work
Admissions Counselor/Representative (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 26, 2015
Fun environment to work. all the employees were very helpful and professional. The training on the job was amazing and the entire staff were very understanding.
Great work environment
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low salary but was compensated with a great benefits package
Overall, great group of guys and outstanding management. Work day consisted of keeping campus in pristine condition as well as coordinating office moves and all other inner workings within the university. Snow removal was the most difficult task, while working in college environment was the most enjoyable.
Good place to work and the university continues to grow each year!
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: benefits are some of the best around.
Cons: lack of help in my department and my travel time from home to work!
Busy work place..... the warehouse position / buyer / inventory control / campus deliveries / tool crib inventory / whatever else is asked of me etc, etc has got to the point that one person can no longer handle it alone. Time management has become the most demanding part of the job along with snow crew details in the winter months. I have some of the best co- workers I could ask for and rely on them when times are tough to give me a hand and get things done. Management has been the biggest issue with many changes at the top in facilities management and working through the many changes or lack of change and direction! The best part of my job is working graduation day watching all those young men and women graduating with diplomas in hand getting ready to hit the real world face to face!
Teaching Online at SNHU
Adjunct (Former Employee), onlineFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent training program; interesting adult students; well-designed courses
Cons: lead teachers with poor management skills
I mostly enjoyed my teaching experience at SNHU. I appreciate deeply the school's efforts to provide appropriate training opportunities. I do wish that the mid-level management had more ability to create a good working environment.

That being said, I completely enjoyed the students and the work.
Great professors.
Full time student in Business/Marketing (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: night classes
Cons: alot of work in 8 weeks vs. 16 weeks
3.5 GPA earned in 2 years of 8 week semesters. very intense and a lot of hard work. I attended the continuing education classes at night.witch allowed me to attend 8 week semesters instead of the traditional 16 week semesters.
Lots of expectations little training
P/T Online Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Manchester, NHDecember 10, 2014
If you are looking for some part time work this is a good start for anyone seeking college experience. However they provide little training and have high expectations for their employees. In addition work is on a as needed basis so you really never know when you are going to work.
Professor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 4, 2014
Love it there! The students are great and the people are fantastic.
Only for the Benefits
Graduate Academic Advisor (Former Employee), ManchesterOctober 3, 2014
Pros: insurance benefits
Cons: poor management, high turnover
Typical work day involves spending hours on the phone calling students and answering student emails. Each advisor has 300+ students to manage. If your students do not answer the phone then you're expected to call them again the next week. The calling picks up during term start where advisors are expected to call unregistered students every day, sometimes twice a day.

The management is very young due to SNHU's growth. This translates into inexperienced management and very poor managing skills. Very cliquey.
Great benefits
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 30, 2014
This is an incredible company if you wish to better your education.
fun workplace
Process Improvement Consultant (Former Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 12, 2014
Very supportive management and co-workers.
Everything on-time.