Southern New Hampshire University Employee Reviews

Good side work, but very labor intensive for the pay
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineNovember 11, 2017
I have top notch student/manager reviews and still have to beg for class assignments. For all the interactions they require, you end up working about 15-20 hrs a week, which is like$12 an hour after taxes. Theyre nice people who seem to care about the students, but open enrollment means sometimes I have students who can barely tie their shoes, much less finish a college course. They drop off or fail despite my hours of emailing and calling and begging. SNHU, lead the way and pay your adjuncts what their education merits. You should be offering at least $2800-$3200 per course.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Fast-paced Competitive University
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 7, 2017
SNHU is continuing to build a competitive educational program that works for all kinds of students, both physically in the classroom and digitally through their quality online courses. Teaching there is enjoyable, with emphasis on helping students acquire important skills that will be useful in any work environment.
Na
Team Lead, Academic Advising (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 2, 2017
It was a nice place to work. I enjoyed my time there. I wish that I did not have to leave. I had too long of a commute each day that took a tole on me.
Work Environment
Student Finance Counselor I (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 27, 2017
Like any job, it can be stressful. You do not really have to take work home. More casual culture in my location. Sometimes it can seem like too much work and not enough day. There is some flexibility in the day to be able to get other tasks done as well.
Fun place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  OnlineOctober 23, 2017
Demonstrate the sequence of protein interactions by which CIC-2, a channel protein targeted to the apical membrane in polarized cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells.
All Good
Instructor Psychology-Undergraduate (Current Employee) –  OnlineOctober 22, 2017
Keep learning and earning a bit more money. Helping others is the big reward. Good tools and excellent e-books. Training available. Real campus is worth visiting.
Pros
Techincal support
Cons
Low pay
Great job! Great students!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 19, 2017
I've really enjoyed being an adjunct professor at SNHU. The students have been great. Some of the students have been working in their industries for years and are excellent students. You do have to be online at least 5 days per week and answer student questions within 24 hours, standard for the online teaching industry. Adjuncts are involved with grading, discussion board post and all class announcements. It's a great opportunity!
Pros
Working with students, working from home, and getting to talk about your industry.
Rewarding
Professor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 18, 2017
I think the school recognizes talent and seeks to cultivate it. I wish they would allow instructors to teach an unlimited number of courses, consistent with their other responsibilities.
Southern New Hampshire University
Online Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 17, 2017
I interned at SNHU for almost a year. They paid me $9.25 an hour, but they taught me a lot. I am grateful for their program and happy that I was part of it.
Pros
Experinece.
Cons
N/a
Treat experienced instructors like garbage
Online Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 10, 2017
Nothing you do for this company is ever good enough. With the (little) amount they pay and the amount of time they expect you to work I figured out I'm a PHD getting paid $10/hour. Adjuncts are overseen (hounded) by Team leads who are not supposed to be supervisors with any power but sure do act like it. They do not trust their instructors to make good decisions and have to monitor every interaction, every grade, and every move you make as an instructor. The already constructed course is poorly designed for you. You are expected to take ownership of it so the student believes it's all you. It's a scam. If you can get past this nonsense, then the students are pretty fantastic and the only reason, besides needing money, that I've stayed. I have years of college teaching (online) experience and have never had such a terrible experience as i have working at SNHU.
Pros
Remote online work, great students
Cons
Everything else.
Fine Institution
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 4, 2017
The people are great to work with, and they have a great system in place for interacting with the students. The course materials are good to excellent. The pay could be better. These are college professors. When I put in the time that SNHU expects me to put in for a course (if I stay really well organized, about 17 hours per week for a course for which I get paid $2200), my pay rate is about $14 or $15 per hour. That's what some people say should be minimum wage.
Call center, assisting students through their admission process into college.
Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at SNHU includes working at a computer for the majority of the day. Excellent time managament skills are required to balance inbound and outbound calls. Time off of the phone is spent emailing and reaching out to students.
Good co-workers, bad job
Instructional Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 23, 2017
Southern New Hampshire fosters positive relationships between co-workers, and my little group of co-workers and our manager became a team. That being said, the team was the best part of the job. The software rarely worked and the people we trained to use it were understandably frustrated.
Pros
Good co-workers, positive workplace
Cons
Rude/mean customers, unreliable software
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 21, 2017
I have truly enjoyed being an Adjunct Professor at SNHU. Their training is absolutely top notch, and they have helped my find my dream career in education.
Great University
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NH 03106September 20, 2017
I have had a pleasant experience with this university, and Highly recommend. Work wise.......Cant't offer any feed back but indeed ir requiring me to fill this out
Nice place to work
LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHSeptember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at the library as a part time employee for one year and half. It is an academic library and sometimes gets very quite. My coworkers and managers were great and easy to work with.
Cons
Low level of compensation, Low speed work environment.
No commute makes this an easy job to do, especially if you have kids you want to be home for
COCE Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 3, 2017
I enjoy working for SNHU because the online environment gives me a lot of flexibility to be home for my school age children. A lot of the work gets pushed to the end of the week since you are doing a lot of grading and can only do so when the students submit. No benefits, low pay, and lack of face to face interaction with students are the negatives. A lot of sitting in front of the computer and typing all or most of your communications makes it very time-intensive. I can only handle one course per semester. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing student's improve their writing.
Pros
No commute
Cons
No benefits, no face to face interaction
Project was tediuos.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 31, 2017
A typical day at work was to upload files from one program to another for students to get credits towards graduation & update excel files.
Management left me alone to do the job.
Great Place to work
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 30, 2017
Team approach, very collaborative environment. I enjoyed designing courses and leading a team of great faculty. This was a great experience. I also enjoyed teaching multiple courses and collaborating with the Deans.
High energy, fast paced, and forever changing
Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 17, 2017
-Team oriented; everyone is in it together mentality
-Learned a great deal of communication skills and applied them to most all demographics you can think of
-Management ranged anywhere from great to "how did you get this job?"
-High energy environment, young crowd typically people working on their degree or recent grads
-Hardest part: learning curve and time it takes to become comfortable and confident with the product and selling it successfully