Southern New Hampshire University Employee Reviews

Best place to be an Adjunct!
Professor of Computer Information Systems (Current Employee), Online COCEAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good environment for students and faculty. Great outlook on the future of online learning, Awesome teamplayers. Love this place!
Cons: Hard to access other positions online available for advancement. Otherwise great place to work!
Looking for a fun working environment is ever easy, but at SHNU you don't have to look. Qualified Team Leads offer great community to learn within. It's just an awesome place to work, with everything you need at your fingertips.
Good Online Presence
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Work when you want
Cons: Little flexibility with course content
Teaching at SNHU allows me to teach while still working full time. You see similar types of students as standard academic jobs, but many more older professionals. You also interact with a team lead who helps you with procedural issues.
COCE is run like a heartless corporation
Marketing (Former Employee), Manchester NHJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits are great.
Cons: The management.
I worked for COCE for 3 years. The person behind the curtain isn't very approachable and only cares about the bottom line. I worked in a department who's head was bullying and lying to team members and when the department brought it to the attention of HR it was stifled by senior leadership.

This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Enough said.
A great company to work for
Instructional Designer II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 5, 2015
A great work/life balance, a friendly and professional work environment providing an excellent place to grow professional in your chosen field
There are great hours and people are constantly willing to help you learn and grow.
Intramural Referee (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 27, 2015
Pros: Work Study, Great Staff
Cons: Angry college students, Not enough pay
I ref all intramural sports we have on campus which includes: Softball, Flag Football, Volleyball, Handball, Basketball and Soccer. I must understand all the rules and be confident when involved in games or no one will take me seriously. Every game is different and fights can break out at any time which as I ref I have to break up. The job can be tough because everyone believes they deserve a call which therefore means they should fight for it which can get aggravating at times but its important to keep calm and stick to your calls. Working with other students and the management is the best part because we are such a small group it is like we are our own family. The management is a part of this and they are all great and completely supportive, it truly is a great job.
Great people and good benefits
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 20, 2015
Position isn't the greatest but overall a great place to work. Great benefits and lots of time off. Not as easy to advance as expected.
SNHU
Associate Professor On-Line (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHMay 3, 2015
Great university with a solid base of students and leadership. Great structure and organization with a very supportive and caring staff that has great direction and interaction with both students and faculty
Under Pressure
Admission Counselor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks, micromanagement
Dependent on the day we will be able to stay on the phone with students to make sure that they are a good fit for the University.
Working paid lead is one of the most difficult set of students in the entire University so our calls tend to be longer.
I enjoy talking with students and figuring out what they would like to do in the future.
I enjoy the administrative part of my job the most though, inputting data, making sure about the process for their applications stay on track.
Great place to work for
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), onlineApril 8, 2015
I've been teaching there part-time for over 4 years and it's a great place from my perspective. Very organized and they treat the adjuncts as part of the team.
A high-paced, fun environment to work in.
Admissions Counselor II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free tuition
Cons: High stress. Measured on
Working for Southern NH University has been one of the best experiences of my career. I've learned many different administrative skills that will continue to flourish as I move forward with my career. Not only has it been a great place to develop, I've also had the privilege to work with wonderful people that have become friends in and outside of work.
SHNU
instructor (Current Employee), remoteMarch 31, 2015
Work about 10-15 hours a week , and facilitates course online. Plans and preps weekly announcements, grade student work in one week from the day of submittal.
Fun university to work at with multiple types of people
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 25, 2015
Day to day working with 18-22 year old males and females
Learned how to work as a collective unit towards one end goal and how to be a leader
Productive and safe and fun environment to work for.
Admissions Administrator (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Meet new people, working with students and great benefits and discounts for employees.
Cons: short breaks.
Registering online students and ensuring that all communicaiton is distributed accordingly. I learned how to familiarize myself with software for online learning. Co-workers were great along with managment and all the representatives. Learning could be a challenge but once you get the proper training it becomes easier and flows without hesitation.
Productive work enviroment
Online Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHMarch 18, 2015
Good first job after graduation. Great co-wokers. Overall decent place to work.

Pros: benefits, co-workers. Cons: Administration, pay
big business, poor management, cliquey work environment
professor (Current Employee), Manchester/COCE/OnlineMarch 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, job openings
Accreditation no longer ensures quality and non-profits are easily distracted by profit goals-- the "secret" of SNHU's booming business isn't so secret. No incentive for faculty to perform above what the syllabus dictates.
Fun environment to work
Admissions Counselor/Representative (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 26, 2015
Fun environment to work. all the employees were very helpful and professional. The training on the job was amazing and the entire staff were very understanding.
Great work environment
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low salary but was compensated with a great benefits package
Overall, great group of guys and outstanding management. Work day consisted of keeping campus in pristine condition as well as coordinating office moves and all other inner workings within the university. Snow removal was the most difficult task, while working in college environment was the most enjoyable.
Good place to work and the university continues to grow each year!
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: benefits are some of the best around.
Cons: lack of help in my department and my travel time from home to work!
Busy work place..... the warehouse position / buyer / inventory control / campus deliveries / tool crib inventory / whatever else is asked of me etc, etc has got to the point that one person can no longer handle it alone. Time management has become the most demanding part of the job along with snow crew details in the winter months. I have some of the best co- workers I could ask for and rely on them when times are tough to give me a hand and get things done. Management has been the biggest issue with many changes at the top in facilities management and working through the many changes or lack of change and direction! The best part of my job is working graduation day watching all those young men and women graduating with diplomas in hand getting ready to hit the real world face to face!
Teaching Online at SNHU
Adjunct (Former Employee), onlineFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent training program; interesting adult students; well-designed courses
Cons: lead teachers with poor management skills
I mostly enjoyed my teaching experience at SNHU. I appreciate deeply the school's efforts to provide appropriate training opportunities. I do wish that the mid-level management had more ability to create a good working environment.

That being said, I completely enjoyed the students and the work.
Great professors.
Full time student in Business/Marketing (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: night classes
Cons: alot of work in 8 weeks vs. 16 weeks
3.5 GPA earned in 2 years of 8 week semesters. very intense and a lot of hard work. I attended the continuing education classes at night.witch allowed me to attend 8 week semesters instead of the traditional 16 week semesters.