Southern New Hampshire University

Southern New Hampshire University Employer Reviews

Sharing knowledge and improving the world one mind at a time
Research Associate/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, NHDecember 31, 2013
Pros: we all learned together
Cons: motivating poor performers to success
I loved teaching students and helping them succeed. Watching students grow, expand their knowledge and develop new skills is extremely rewarding.

SNHU is a great school and I loved being a part of it. The hardest part of the job was being sympathetic to student issues and yet holding them to appropriate standards for higher education.
Relaxed Working Atmosphere
New Student Advisor (NSA) (Current Employee), Manchester, NHDecember 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits and room for advancement.
A typical day at work involves communicating with students through phone and e-mail to help may their experience at the school enjoyable and productive. The number one goal of being an advisor is the success of the student.
Great environment with friendly people!
Tour Guide (Current Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 19, 2013
I love my job at Southern New Hampshire University. Being a tour guide, I am allowed the opportunity to constantly be meeting new people, representing the university in a positive manner, and networking my own name at the same time. I enjoy working behind an office desk, however when I give tours to prospective families I get to walk around campus and – more... interact with others. I enjoy the people I work with as well as the environment we work in. – less
Adjunct Professor IT Department
Adjunct Professor IT Department (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHAugust 3, 2013
Facilitated and taught various IT/CIS/IS courses including Object Oriented Programming with UML; SDLC; Business Platforms; and IT Concepts. Proficient in Blackboard management. Curriculum Development for independent studies in IT/CIS/IS for C++, C#, and Java. Blended courses in IT.
Good education program
Postal Service Clerk (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 12, 2013
Dear Recruiter,
I am writing to introduce myself and inquire about the openings of marketing executive. With a solid and successful background as a Marketing and sales assistant for SOGO department store and Fubon MOMO Online shopping Inc., I am able to be a quick problem solver and effective communicator. I especially enjoy working and thriving in – more... the fast-paced environment. I believe my past experience and my skill sets are perfect match with this position

Having worked marketing assistant for around three years, I am able to prioritize my workload and respond to frequently changing demands. Additionally, working under pressure of facing several strict deadlines in the same time and tackling excessive work tasks timely, I learned to see team members’ needs before being asked, take work tasks autonomously before being assigned, priorities work tasks, and to pay meticulous attention to details. When studying my master’s degree, I applied these skills to organize the scattering ideas posed by my team members into clear logic flow such as goals, long-term strategies, and short-term strategies. This clear logic flow helped us have coherent presentation in marketing project competition.

I am a good team player with strong communication talent. For marketing project of mine involving iPad purchase motivation, the two other members in the team both enjoyed working with me. While I was focused on the outcome of the project, I truly supported my team members and wanted the team to succeed. As a leader, although I often took challenging work assignments autonomously, I did pay attention to the sharing of workload, making sure that two of them was treated equally, and more importantly, was able to come up with new ideas and creative solutions.
With the great understanding in marketing, the great overall ability I have, I believe I am a great candidate for this position. Thank you for considering my application. I am really looking forward to being part of the company. – less
Challenging Place of Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 16, 2012
A typical day required me to work in the Dining Hall, Athletic Building, the Hospitality Building, in some of the dorms and Robert Frost Building and three other buildings. I was supposed to make sure all the trash was removed in the Dining Hall, tables cleaned, floors were cleaned and no food was on floors, bathrooms were cleaned as well. Maintaining – more... 8 areas within the Dining Hall was extremely demanding and difficult and I do not really think my supervisors were understanding and aware of the problems I faced cleaning the building interior.

Things I noticed about my position was whatever I did I was not praised a lot. No one really understood how I tried to do the best job I could. From working at Southern New Hampshire University I learnt how hardworking I can really be. I am easily motivated to ensuring I complete tasks in an appropriate manner.

My co-workers were also hardworking and although I did not understand why my supervisors did not give us a chance to work together, on certain times, especially since our jobs were demanding, I found their approach to working was different to the manner in which I was expected to work.

The Dining Hall was the most difficult part of the job. I had to meke sure the trash was emptied four times a shift each day was extremely challenging. Since I had to make sure the tables, and floors were free of food and plates were taken to a certain area to have them cleaned I also had to bear in mind that other areas of the campus had to be attended dto which was not always an easy thing to do. .

In my next occupation or career I hope my supervisor can respect the jobs I perform or the requirements of what the job description mentions I do. I hope because my energy level varies and my supervisor will give me some latitude as to what kind of job I do and allow me to use the experience of the content I have learned from other jobs, which will enable me to be a worker of quality.

I want to be able to be a Professor, or a someone who works within administrative services. I also wish having the knowledge to give ideas on how to implement procedures would be a productive occupation to fall into. Meeting certain deadlines and seeing to serveral projects which different perspectives would be interesting would be great to delve into as well.

If I could teach a topic within Sociology or Social Sciences at a University level and understand student's personalities, I would enjoy this position. Allowing me to teach various things to students or learning how to inculcate certain values or ideas to them would be great as well. I think overall, I hope to be given the opportunity to earn a Masters Degree in Sociology or a Doctorate in Sociology and Social Science. – less

BenjaminM – October 23, 2012

Your review was very well written and you are clearly a very intelligent individual. What are you doing cleaning tables? Go for your dreams, start now and never look back. I wasted the past seven years of my life because I did not think I was capable of doing any better, I'm learning that is far from the truth and hopefully you are too. Good luck!

Supportive and resourceful environment
Masters Degree Student/ Training for Professorship (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 27, 2012
Progressive university with outstanding educators providing support and sustainability to students.
Great and Innovative University
Student (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 10, 2012
Pros: great and equal workplace environment.
Constantly looking to become the most innovative university possible. Great place to work. Always looking toward the future.
Southern New Hampshire University
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 5, 2012
Pros: excellent student support
SNHU 's standards are exceptional in terms of student and faculty support, along with providing quality educational programs.
A supportive and excellent place to work
Instructor (Current Employee), TelecommuteDecember 13, 2012
I find that the suport I receive to be highly skilled and the students are willing to learn and take chances.