Southern New Hampshire University Employee Reviews in United States

Daily Life as a Tour Guide
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 17, 2016
Being a tour guide has been a very different experience than what I intended it to be. I figured that it would be extremely serious with so many details that I had to remember and a timed schedule of how long we are in each building for. In reality, every tour is different and is personalized to every person on tour. We are allowed to make jokes and connect with our tour. It is a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I really enjoy going on tour and talking to the parents and perspective student. My co-workers and managers make the team seem like a family which makes working larger events a lot more fun because everyone enjoys working with each other. I learned that when stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something that is not exactly something I can see myself doing, I can fall in love with the job that I have. Not only do I get to brag about my college to possible future students; in some cases the tours are what make the students want to come here and being able to be a part of that decision is an amazing feeling. The hardest part of the job is getting up early for the bigger events on campus such as Spring Open House and Accepted Students Day. The best part of the job is working with my managers, co-workers and meeting potential Penmen.
Pros
Works around class scehdules and other jobs
Cons
Cannot work over 10 hours a week
Excellent Collegial Environment
Adjunct Instructor In Political Science (Current Employee) –  Manchester New HampshireMay 6, 2016
Southern New Hampshire University is an excellent institution for on-line instruction. The culture of collegiality among administrators and faculty makes this a remarkable place to work.
Best online teaching job!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 3, 2016
The team leads are amazing and are dedicated to helping you grow as an instructor. The courses are well designed and the students are really fun!
Cons
limited number of courses you can teach at a time
Good
Administrative/Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 7, 2016
Awesome, was very helpful to me because i was exposed to so many training's. We had so many out door activities that widened my horizon
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 7, 2016
SNHU is a fast-paced work environment that rewards those who are willing to put in the effort to succeed. Management is willing to invest in their employees to help them develop new skills. Due to the rapidly changing landscape of the higher education industry no two days working here are the same, which can be a positive or negative depending on what you're looking for in a job.
tiring place to work
Enrolled Student Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 26, 2015
Answer phone calls non-stop! co-workers are great and attitude is good but lots of attention paid to the micro-managing side of the job. It can be exhausting taking call after call. can advance after 6 months and move to different job after 9 months but that's limited to if there are open positions.
Benefits
Cons
micro-managed, late hours, limited growth
Excellent University
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 24, 2015
It was a pleasure teaching for SNHU, the student body was great. The campus atmosphere is extremely positive. The preparation for classes as expected was not difficult to manage.
Pros
Sporaic as an adjunct
Cons
Student participation was excellent.
Supportive and Creative Environment
Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 20, 2015
This university has set up a quality online education course schedule that allows for individual student centered learning and support systems for both instructors and students.
Great place to work, fun people and great learning environment.
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 8, 2015
Very supportive management and great work/life balance. They give you every opportunity to grow and listen to any suggestions you make. There are some office politics that one must learn to navigate but overall a good company to work.
Snhu
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 4, 2015
Great college to work for, i feel as though i grew so much while working for this organization, i would highly recommend it to anyone and any student. I will miss it greatly.
Quickly growing
Customer Liaison II (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 22, 2015
SNHU is a University experiencing great expansion and the growing pains that come along with rapid change. With this, it feels it is in need of re-evaluating its identity and establishing its values.
Good Online Teaching Experience
Online Professor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 13, 2015
The course materials are great, The students are online so there are many differences in how they learn. Some are not engaged as they should be
productive and fun workplace with nice coworkers
Student Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 2, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. you could personally grow and develop in here by learning the new knowledge about USPS, UPS and FedEx.
Cut throat and racist organization
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Online.September 30, 2015
This is a cut throat and racist organization. Team leads and Associate Dean in the justice studies and criminal justice department are all white and has violated the rights of African American employees to get rid of them. The students population consist of a large minority, but lack a diverse leadership and full-time minority population.
Pros
High enrollment
Cons
Low pay for adjunct faculty
Fast growing University with an excellent culture
Academic Program Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 11, 2015
SNHU is a great organization to work for! It is one of the nations fastest growing colleges and has many departments that almost anyone with a college degree can find a fit in. They do not micromanage you and allow each employee to do their job day in and day out with little interference. The utilize a team work environment so you have an individual goal as well as team goals. Every department works together on a day to day basis and the culture is industry leading. Great pay and some of the best benefits in the country as well.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Time Off, Teamwork
Cons
Fast mvoing, Phone calls
Develop best in class strategic creative
VP Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 7, 2015
Leading creative teams in the process of concept and creation of interactive and traditional advertising. Oversee the development of brand strategies, concepts and executions for key clients. Work closely with account, creative, technical directors, and other team members to develop best in class strategic creative.
Pros
Great culture
Great environment
International Business Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Hookset, NHAugust 24, 2015
I enjoy this job on a daily basis and enjoy bringing out the best in my students. I love making a difference daily. - I am
proficient in delivering cooperative and experiential learning that is within the range of the online academic settings.
Best place to be an Adjunct!
Professor of Computer Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Online COCEAugust 12, 2015
Looking for a fun working environment is ever easy, but at SHNU you don't have to look. Qualified Team Leads offer great community to learn within. It's just an awesome place to work, with everything you need at your fingertips.
Pros
Good environment for students and faculty. Great outlook on the future of online learning, Awesome teamplayers. Love this place!
Cons
Hard to access other positions online available for advancement. Otherwise great place to work!
Good Online Presence
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 11, 2015
Teaching at SNHU allows me to teach while still working full time. You see similar types of students as standard academic jobs, but many more older professionals. You also interact with a team lead who helps you with procedural issues.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Little flexibility with course content
COCE is run like a heartless corporation
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Manchester NHJuly 6, 2015
I worked for COCE for 3 years. The person behind the curtain isn't very approachable and only cares about the bottom line. I worked in a department who's head was bullying and lying to team members and when the department brought it to the attention of HR it was stifled by senior leadership.

This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Enough said.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
The management.