Southern Ohio Medical Center

Southern Ohio Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great place to work where the employees matter as well as the patients.
Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHJuly 18, 2014
Truly is a great place to work and to feel appreciated. They are a company that cares how their employees feel and try their hardest to accommodate what the needs of the employees are. They are a Magnet hospital and it shows.
Great department and job!!
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHJuly 14, 2014
Working as a dietitian for SOMC was a great experience!! The job was very flexible and the coworkers are amazing!! I also had a wonderful boss who was very helpful and understanding! The job had great variety and I was able to do many different things, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed!! The only reason I left is because I moved out of state.
A very good place to work
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHJanuary 2, 2014
While Working at SOMC I was very impressed with the moral. Management down to lay people were treated with value. Very impressive.
Middle of no where
Cardiac First Assistant (Current Employee), Portsmouth, OHOctober 13, 2013
SOMC is a nice enough place to work. They have state of the art equipment and services. But when you agree to work here you have to keep in mind that there are no opportunities to enrich your life outside of work. Very small minded community. Keep in mind this is Appalachia country. The closest metropolitan city is two hours away.
Support and teamwork
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHAugust 27, 2013
Pros: discount price for kitchen staff.
Cons: short break for 15 minutes. 30 minutes for lunch break.
I work termopary schedule as Morning or Evening. Morning work for breakfast and short Lunch. Evening to work for Lunch and Dinner then shut down the Dishwasher machine to let cool down for Overnight. Work real hard as teammate. Wash a lot of trays and dishes to finish for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

I have l earned how to refill the Dishwasher washer – more... and use Supplies to clean and wash itself. – less
Necessary service provided to hospital guests
Call Center Ambassador (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHAugust 16, 2013
Pros: meeting many people and helping them with their nutritional needs.
Cons: only part-time and i desired/needed full-time position.
Typical day began very early in the morning servicing hospital patients with their nutritional needs. Hardest part of the job was physically challenging (I lost 40 pounds in few months I worked there from all the walking!) Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I provided a necessary, and usually appreciated, service to those in need.
Overall satisfied
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Portsmouth, OHAugust 14, 2013
I have advanced my career at Southern Ohio Medical Center from a novice nurse assistant on a Medical Surgical unit to an expert nurse in the ED. However, Physician recruitment has been less than helpful as far as recruiting myself into my new role as FNP-BC.
Coworkers were friendly
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHMay 7, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
Typical day included running tests, working on machines, running QC, calibrations.

I learned to be self-sufficient and complex problem solving skills.

Management was lacking.

Co-workers were friendly
Great people and outstanding healthcare services for the community
Educator, Workforce Development (Current Employee), Portsmouth, OHApril 11, 2013
Typical day involves teaching, working with the public, attending planning meetings, and orienting new employees, students and volunteers to the facility and cuture.
Excellent
Network Supervisor (Former Employee), ohMarch 19, 2013
Pros: excellent
Cons: nothing
I had a great experience working here. I had no problems with work crew. I learned alot of experience running a job.
Excellent Place to Work!
Registrar, Full-time (Current Employee), Waverly, OHMarch 19, 2013
Southern Ohio Medical Center is an Excellent Place to Work! They give you plenty of advancement oppertunities, and great benifits.
Volunteer (First assistant) (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHMarch 6, 2013
Pros: good people, good environment, the quality of job
Cons: living area
Very kind and nice people to work with. I loved to volunteer there but not a good place to live in the area (city).
One of Ohio's Number One Employers
Nutrition Department Call Center Ambassador (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: could not secure full-time
Southern Ohio Medical Center is one of the best hospitals in Ohio. They offer a wonderful benefits plan and job security.
Loved the People..
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHNovember 6, 2012
Cons: not enuff pay!!
Great place to work.. Management showed alot of respect to their employees!! Great place to learn how to really care about others!!