Southern Oregon University

Southern Oregon University Employer Reviews

Great Place
Recording Technician (Current Employee), Ashland, ORJuly 21, 2014
I enjoy working at Southern Oregon University. The school is willing to work with my schedule as a musician and a student.
Great beginning!
Instructor (Former Employee), Ashland, ORJuly 17, 2014
First class for the PSM in Math! Great co-teacher, attentive students!
Great place, challening and constructive workplace
Research Intern (Former Employee), Ashland, ORMay 13, 2014
• Created a student information dashboard within our Business Intelligence software
• Wrote a technical document detailing design and required upkeep for the dashboard
• Implemented a backend input system for the Degree Qualifications Profile initiative
• Assisted with numerous ad-hoc requests for research projects and committees
• Helped with presentations and trainings, where one-on-one instruction was necessary
Productive and great program to work for.
Civic Engagement Student Coordinator (Current Employee), Ashland, ORApril 21, 2014
I have loved working with the Civic Engagement Program at Southern Oregon University. At times it seems that we should have more to do, but then the event rolls around and I wonder how I ever thought we needed more. The program, the people, the activities are all something that I would recommend to everyone!
Worked in various departments which taught cultural competency
Student Services (Former Employee), Ashland, ORMarch 13, 2014
Pros: gained much life knowledge/book knowledge
Cons: had to leave for the "real world"
Each day was filled with learning about life and people from all over the world-then college coursework. Each department management was fair and tolerant. Had many co-workers who also gained much knowledge about life and academics. The hardest part of job was time management to work around class schedules. Most enjoyable was watching fellow classmates matriculate their prospective college goals and accolades.
It was great for developing skills
National Communications Coordinator (Former Employee), Ashland, ORJanuary 21, 2014
I had a lot of fun build communication skills and being able to work with others in public relations.
Productive and a great place to learn
Student (Current Employee), Ashland, OROctober 6, 2013
Pros: great professors
Cons: expensive
As a student at SOU, I have made good use of my time by learning all that I can in the fields of study. Tasks prove to be challenging, however not unobtainable. I feel that this University is a great place to learn.
Great place to work if you can get hired/student
Environmental Studies Tutor (Former Employee), Ashland, ORMarch 14, 2013
Pros: location, ease of job, coworkers/management
Cons: wages
Everything about this job was great, except the pay. I was paid to sit there until something went wrong.
My co-workers there were very friendly and helpful, as well as supervisors.
Caring and nurturing learning culture
Administrative Assistant/Circulation Rep. (Current Employee), Ashland, ORJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: wonderful office culture
Cons: low pay
The work environment allows for freedom of expression and ability to exercise learned skills through assigned tasks and special projects. My typical day at work includes overseeing accounts for my department of Friends of Hannon Library and assisting with events coordinating and any assigned administrative tasks. Administrative tasks can include anything from returning phone calls and answering emails all the way to conduting specialized research for coordinated events.
SOU Enrollment has given me faith there are wonderful places to work
Office Assistant - Temp (Former Employee), Ashland, ORApril 9, 2012
Pros: diversity, promotion of human spirit, growth. very inclusive.
Cons: no degree, no permanent job.
In this age where the employers have the advantage and sometimes we feel under valued, I felt SOU made me feel not only valued but I felt excited to help out. Hard working people. I loved working in Enrollment.

The only draw back is if you don't have a degree then there is little or no room for advancement.
Wonderful Campus and People
Intern (Former Employee), Ashland,OregonFebruary 1, 2012
I absolutely loved working on campus. SOU is a fabulous school with fabulous individuals.