Southern Polytechnic State University Employee Reviews

No longer SPSU
IT (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 6, 2017
Was a great place to work. A state university with great benefits. The students were very smart and talented. They knew why they were going to school.
Orientation Leader
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
As an Orientation Leader, I assisted new students with a smooth transition from high school to college. I did campus tours, explained financial aid, and walked them to their advisers.
working toward a degree in Electrical Engineering
Student (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, Ga.January 4, 2017
moved away before completion. . this is filler because there is a 20 word minimum and that is all. and now i hope you have a great day
working from home
Tech Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2017
It was fun working with people giving them help with technical related issues. I enjoy the hours and that i can work from home to provide help to clients.
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay
Fun Place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 26, 2016
The State University was a great place to work for I was only there for a couple of months the people in the Finance Dept was so nice and kind made me feel so welcome.
Fun place to work
Student Assistant for the University Mailroom (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day for me would be to unload the packages brought in pay USPS, UPS, and FedEx. I would then organize the packages by name and send an email to every student and faculty member who received a package using the smartsort system. I would then sort the mail for all students and faculty members. After that I would deliver the inter departmental mail and packages to all the faculty on campus. Once returning I would sort the mail again and prepare for the next day. This is a relatively quick task when you form a rapport with your co-workers. The hardest part of the job is finding space for when we receive hundreds of packages at once.
Pros
Co-works, management, atmosphere
On Campus
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 20, 2015
I was in school at the time and they were really flexible with my school schedule. I also got to work with many different positions and learned a lot about accounting.
A good place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 5, 2015
I simply love SPSU (now being KSU). I got my MS SWE from here, and I really enjoyed my time.
Now I am even more excited since I am a part-time faculty.
overall work experiance great
cook (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GaOctober 13, 2015
This company allows for constant growth with continuing education and incentive packages. Supportive coworkers and instructive work place
Pros
Variety in lunch is excellent
Cons
competative work hours
Fun workplace
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mairetta, GAJune 3, 2015
Working in different companies it has taught me a variety of things such as working with people from different backgrounds; helping others out in the work environment and enjoying learning new things. I have enjoyed working and i really want to work in other companies and gain more experience.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 29, 2015
You are your own manager and responsible for all the activities of your day. It is a part of he University System of Georgia so the benefits are amazing!
Educational experience
IT Assistant - Business Department (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2015
A typical day consists of attending back and forth emails with the professors. They explain to me what sort of help I can do with their classes. I am finish the work with in a weeks worth of time. This job was work at home and very enjoyable since it was at my own pace.
Environment that includes resources needed to study and earn money.
IT Specialist and Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 8, 2015
The work/study student can learn theories of computing and help others in a nice environment. The hardware and software are at the technology curve.
Great job experience
Math tutor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 4, 2015
This university was combined by the KSU. I missed the time when I was in this university. Professors over there are so nice.
good place to work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 30, 2015
I had a food time at this job. great hours and learned a lot. There was little stress with the job. And work life was easy to handle for a full time student
Learning more than working
Computer Science Engineering Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
It was pretty much kind of a single person job. What I typically did was helping students solve the problems and questions they got in the lab. Different from team work, I learned much on doing quick self-learning on the things that I don't know before. Also, I practiced a lot on teaching and communicating.
SPSU is a fun place if you are involved
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 9, 2014
SPSU has a lot to offer when you are an employee. If you stay complete the tasks of your role and show the willingness to go the extra mile then you will move up quick. Had a very good time but it is definitely a stepping stone.
Pros
Friendly people, Everyone has multiple roles, You receive what you put in
Cons
Not many people are cross trained, Some people can't do their jobs, Easy to get lost amongst the crowd
University System School
IT Director - CSE Network & Data Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 16, 2014
Enterprise Environment
Merging with Kennesaw State University
Pros
Enterprise Environment
Cons
Merging with Kennesaw State University
Great
Career and Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 24, 2014
Great. You should work here. They really like people and treat them very well.
Fun place to be
Student Assistant for the University Mailroom (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2014
Southern poly is a great school to attended and work for. I have held three positions there and can say each gave me a valuable skill. As a student assistant for the dean I learned how to use Microsoft office, operate an office, and see the accreditation process. Then being a referee allowed me to learn about teamwork, to be assertive, and to have fun. Now as a student assistant for the mail-room I learned to drive a manual transmission, sort mail,and build relationships with faculty.
Pros
great managers
Cons
job security