Southern Polytechnic State University

Southern Polytechnic State University Employer Reviews

SPSU is a fun place if you are involved
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly people, everyone has multiple roles, you receive what you put in
Cons: not many people are cross trained, some people can't do their jobs, easy to get lost amongst the crowd
SPSU has a lot to offer when you are an employee. If you stay complete the tasks of your role and show the willingness to go the extra mile then you will move up quick. Had a very good time but it is definitely a stepping stone.
University System School
IT Director - CSE Network & Data Center Operations (Current Employee), Marietta, GANovember 16, 2014
Pros: enterprise environment
Cons: merging with kennesaw state university
Enterprise Environment
Merging with Kennesaw State University
Great
Career and Counseling Intern (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 24, 2014
Great. You should work here. They really like people and treat them very well.
Fun place to be
Student Assistant for the University Mailroom (Current Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great managers
Cons: job security
Southern poly is a great school to attended and work for. I have held three positions there and can say each gave me a valuable skill. As a student assistant for the dean I learned how to use Microsoft office, operate an office, and see the accreditation process. Then being a referee allowed me to learn about teamwork, to be assertive, and to have fun. Now as a student assistant for the mail-room I learned to drive a manual transmission, sort mail,and build relationships with faculty.
working as a team
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Marietta, Georgia13August 12, 2014
Pros: no free lunch you can either go get lunch on break or bring your food
Cons: we all get two breaks
the day starts every gets there keys and go there assigned building ,the whole building has to be completely cleaned and trash took out.lunch 45 minutes then finish your assigned building if your finished and someone needs help or didnt come in to work you can help to complete there building.
Great Place to Work
Building Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 10, 2014
While being in college this was a very good place to work and it was on campus. School was always the priority to the employers as well.
Continuing Education was a perfect match for my skill set.
Interim Director (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 8, 2014
Pros: benefits package
As the director of a for-profit center within a non-profit state university I was challenged daily to satisfy the needs of the customers within the confined regulations of non-profit organization.

I started at the university in 1995 and continually excelled as a leader and a problem solver. I learned new software as required, I managed changes in leadership and administration. With a staff that varied from 5 - 35 depending on demand, I was often responsible for all aspects of human resources.

I interacted with a variety of individuals from students, faculty, administration to business and industry executives. I developed contracts for training and needs assessment and developed and delivered training in a variety of areas.

I am a problem solver and a decision maker by nature and this position required these skills daily. The hardest part of working within a government run university while being required to be a profit center was to overcome the obstacles that often prevented me from using traditional ways to manage the center.

I most enjoyed providing training to people to improve their current position, career changers and individuals just looking for professional development.
Southern Polytech University is not only a place where learning is encouraged, but enjoyable as well.
Project Designer (Industrial Motor Control) (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 4, 2014
Southern Polytechnic State is the best choice for me. If you are someone who wants to learn through hands on, Southern Polytech is the school for you too. The professors here are here to help you succeed at learning, and are available to you through one-on-one aid more than other colleges.
I enjoy working for the university for five years
Set up Specialist (Former Employee), marietta gaDecember 31, 2013
Pros: holidays
Cons: new supervisor
verry busyhow to set up various events.co worker was good people.hardestpart of job was graduation enjoyable part of the day is at the end of the day....
Great student position
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GADecember 23, 2013
Pros: flexible scheule
Cons: no benefits
-Great team to work with
-Supervisor is very understanding
SPSU Police is the place to be!
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GANovember 7, 2013
Pros: able to develop a relationship with the people around you, flexible schedule, stress free environment.
Cons: minimal work space
The hardest part of this job sometimes is leaving. We get the job done, but we have fun while doing it. There is a very relaxing vibe set while you're getting your work done. You get to see your projects and ideas come alive. We work as a team to get what we need to get done. I recommend this job and I don't regret this decision one bit. This is a great place to work!
Excellent
Director of Global Business Technologies (Current Employee), Marietta, GANovember 2, 2013
SPSU is an excellent, vibrant, and multifarious place to work.
It is a school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 28, 2013
Was decent place to work, it is a college campus so its a fun learning environment
Diverse Department with a multitude of experience
Police Captain (Current Employee), Marietta, GaOctober 17, 2013
Pros: training (both external and internal), great benefits
Cons: low pay as compared to metro-atlanta agencies.
Great environment for officers with strong inter-personal skills. This department has more state police and specialize instructors than any other department similar in size. Advice to management: Keep up the great work, and continue forging ahead; nothing worth possessing comes free.
SPSU Police is a great place to work!
Police Captain (Current Employee), Marietta, GaOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great training and staff!
Cons: not paid enough
This is a great place to work! The Chief is very passionate about his work and truly cares about his employees. The training you receive is the best in the area. If you are looking for a job in law enforcement SPSU Police is the place to work.
SPSU Police is a Great Place to Work!
Police Lieutenant (Former Employee), Marietta,GaOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great place to work! management is readily available to support in any way
Cons: although we earn a pretty good salary, we are state employees and, as such, the annual raises haven't been in the state budget for several years.
I am personal friends with officers from other Metro area police departments, many of whom are in supervisory roles. Officers at the SPSU Police Department receive an incredible amount of relevant training, more than any other that I'm aware of. The management is readily available to support in any way they can and they are always looking for opportunities to grow the careers of their officers. We are no just a number at this department. Dedication and hard work is recognized and rewarded. But if you are looking to coast, do nothing, and collect a check, this is not the place for you. The call volume is very manageable which allows us to initiate and follow up on cases rather than just respond to dispatched calls. We make traffic and criminal cases regularly, both on and off campus. we interact with the campus community on a daily basis, and the feeling you get from helping a student, staff member, or member of the community in their moment of need is very rewarding.
Nothing special
Computer Science Engineering Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: employee party
Cons: short breaks
I did the assistant job everyday to help the students solve any kinds of problems about computer which belongs to my major.
Public Safety at its finest and awesome place to work at!
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: excellent management and great flexibility
As a student assistant this is a great place to work and go to school. The officers are friendly and making sure the campus is always safe and secure. Also, the command staff is always there for support and guidance. I would recommend anyone looking for a job to apply at the police department at SPSU. As a side note, the management is not "terrible" as others have stated. If you truly want to have a rewarding career with a HIGHLY trained staff come and apply to SPSU!
Good Place to Work
Student Assistant in Police Department (Current Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: flexibility, management, pay
Cons: hours
My experience in the Police Department has been great. Officers are easy to get along with. The management is always available to help if I need instruction and make sure I'm equipped to complete tasks. Best pay on campus and usually flexible with my schedule.
On campus job
Freshmen Mentor (Former Employee), Marietta, GaJuly 22, 2013
Work study position where you create your own hours
Worked around my class schedule