Southern Polytechnic State University

Southern Polytechnic State University Employer Reviews

Southern Polytech University is not only a place where learning is encouraged, but enjoyable as well.
Project Designer (Industrial Motor Control) (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 4, 2014
Southern Polytechnic State is the best choice for me. If you are someone who wants to learn through hands on, Southern Polytech is the school for you too. The professors here are here to help you succeed at learning, and are available to you through one-on-one aid more than other colleges.
I enjoy working for the university for five years
Set up Specialist (Former Employee), marietta gaDecember 31, 2013
Pros: holidays
Cons: new supervisor
verry busyhow to set up various events.co worker was good people.hardestpart of job was graduation enjoyable part of the day is at the end of the day....
Great student position
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GADecember 23, 2013
Pros: flexible scheule
Cons: no benefits
-Great team to work with
-Supervisor is very understanding
SPSU Police is the place to be!
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GANovember 7, 2013
Pros: able to develop a relationship with the people around you, flexible schedule, stress free environment.
Cons: minimal work space
The hardest part of this job sometimes is leaving. We get the job done, but we have fun while doing it. There is a very relaxing vibe set while you're getting your work done. You get to see your projects and ideas come alive. We work as a team to get what we need to get done. I recommend this job and I don't regret this decision one bit. This is a great – more... place to work! – less
Excellent
Director of Global Business Technologies (Current Employee), Marietta, GANovember 2, 2013
SPSU is an excellent, vibrant, and multifarious place to work.
It is a school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 28, 2013
Was decent place to work, it is a college campus so its a fun learning environment
Diverse Department with a multitude of experience
Police Captain (Current Employee), Marietta, GaOctober 17, 2013
Pros: training (both external and internal), great benefits
Cons: low pay as compared to metro-atlanta agencies.
Great environment for officers with strong inter-personal skills. This department has more state police and specialize instructors than any other department similar in size. Advice to management: Keep up the great work, and continue forging ahead; nothing worth possessing comes free.
SPSU Police is a great place to work!
Police Captain (Current Employee), Marietta, GaOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great training and staff!
Cons: not paid enough
This is a great place to work! The Chief is very passionate about his work and truly cares about his employees. The training you receive is the best in the area. If you are looking for a job in law enforcement SPSU Police is the place to work.
SPSU Police is a Great Place to Work!
Police Lieutenant (Former Employee), Marietta,GaOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great place to work! management is readily available to support in any way
Cons: although we earn a pretty good salary, we are state employees and, as such, the annual raises haven't been in the state budget for several years.
I am personal friends with officers from other Metro area police departments, many of whom are in supervisory roles. Officers at the SPSU Police Department receive an incredible amount of relevant training, more than any other that I'm aware of. The management is readily available to support in any way they can and they are always looking for opportunities – more... to grow the careers of their officers. We are no just a number at this department. Dedication and hard work is recognized and rewarded. But if you are looking to coast, do nothing, and collect a check, this is not the place for you. The call volume is very manageable which allows us to initiate and follow up on cases rather than just respond to dispatched calls. We make traffic and criminal cases regularly, both on and off campus. we interact with the campus community on a daily basis, and the feeling you get from helping a student, staff member, or member of the community in their moment of need is very rewarding. – less
Nothing special
Computer Science Engineering Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: employee party
Cons: short breaks
I did the assistant job everyday to help the students solve any kinds of problems about computer which belongs to my major.
Public Safety at its finest and awesome place to work at!
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: excellent management and great flexibility
As a student assistant this is a great place to work and go to school. The officers are friendly and making sure the campus is always safe and secure. Also, the command staff is always there for support and guidance. I would recommend anyone looking for a job to apply at the police department at SPSU. As a side note, the management is not "terrible" – more... as others have stated. If you truly want to have a rewarding career with a HIGHLY trained staff come and apply to SPSU! – less
Good Place to Work
Student Assistant in Police Department (Current Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: flexibility, management, pay
Cons: hours
My experience in the Police Department has been great. Officers are easy to get along with. The management is always available to help if I need instruction and make sure I'm equipped to complete tasks. Best pay on campus and usually flexible with my schedule.
On campus job
Freshmen Mentor (Former Employee), Marietta, GaJuly 22, 2013
Work study position where you create your own hours
Worked around my class schedule
I pursued my Masters degree from this university.
Full-time Graduate Student (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 18, 2013
SPSU is a university I didn't work there. I don't have a review for SPSU.
Good workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMay 18, 2013
Enjoyed in work as graduate assistant, learned with professional professors and help with students.
It was great experience working as a graduate assistant at SPSU
Graduate Assistant in Electrical Engineering (Current Employee), Marietta, georgiaApril 18, 2013
Position: Graduate Assistant in Electrical Engineering

Responsibilities:
• Assist professor in laboratory and troubleshoot errors of students in lab experiments
• Keep the attendance record of the students
• Collect and grade laboratory reports
Computing and Software Engineering
Lab Assistant / Tutor (Current Employee), Marietta, GAApril 11, 2013
Pros: networking, learning
Cons: short breaks
I am a Computer Science undergraduate student at Southern Polytechnic State University. I work in the Computing and Software Engineering department of my school, where I am a tutor and lab assistant, aiding students in various programming languages. The environment in the department is extremely friendly, and my co-workers are easy to get along with, – more... as I have known them for a long time. Working here in the CSE Department, I have managed to get closer to what I love to do, and also get close to others who are interested in the same thing.

The only difficult part of the job is when someone comes up to me and asks me for help in a language I am not familiar with. I would love to help out in the best way possible, in which I try to do so. Otherwise, there's not really any other difficult parts of this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with and help people who are working on interesting projects in languages in which I have studied. Because of this, not only am I helping them, but I am also learning much more about the language in which I develop in. – less
Feel happy to help with others who face the same frustration that I used to face
International Student Assistant (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 10, 2013
I am glad that I can help students from another country to fit in the U.S environment quickly. I know how that felt when coming to a completely different country where everything, the food, the language, the culture is unfamiliar. I meet many great friends. Some of them become best friends of mine.
I enjoy this job!!
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 23, 2013
I love this job because it is sensitive to the fact that I am still student in my final semester and management is willing to work with me when it comes to scheduling.
College Project
Online Student Registration (Former Employee), IndiaMarch 8, 2013
Working is fun. Worked in a team. learned how to behave in a team.