SOUTHERN REFRIGERATED TRANSPORT

SOUTHERN REFRIGERATED TRANSPORT Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting place to work
Maintenance Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 12, 2016
I have enjoyed my 8+ years working with my current company. I was extremely lucky to be able to work in the maintenance department under on of the best managers that I have ever worked for. My job as the Shop Administrative Assistant was consistently changing, and never boring. I always had certain reports to get out every mooring, but never knew what I would have to do before the day was out. Some thing were very tedious and detailed, others were fun and interesting.
I worked with about 45 men and 3 women, all of who became like family to me. I guess that was the part that I most loved about my job. The worst will be leaving them. If I wasn't moving over 600 miles away, I would not be leaving this job for anything.
Pros
Working with my current director
Cons
Having to walk so far from parking lot to office
No Communication
Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 13, 2016
Communication between dispatchers and drivers is horrible. Assign loads without appointments. You may be stuck with a 700 mile load for 3 days. You can request home time 3 months in advance but no guarantee you will get it. Not a company I would recommend. Since the owner retired it has gotten worse. Average miles per week 1200 to 2400 and that is if you are lucky.
Pros
Cons
See review
Nothing is positive about SRT
Driver (Former Employee) –  OtrMay 5, 2016
Got to be the worst driving job I ever had was sopost to be out ten days home two well that never happened was out a month and got a load going past the house had four days to do A 10 he run so I stopped to see the wife and kids and SRT said I abandoned my load after I was their ten hrs and was fired this is only the beginning of the hole deal I been driving for 20 years when I started orentashon was told I would make one set amount of money per mile and at the end of orentashon I was told ten cents a mile less than what I agreed to before I even started the hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in the top of the line food that say I wouldn't feed my dog I got sick actually in a month of running for them I only made 600$ one check the other three that kept said try was a banded well that fired me kept my money that owed me and I barley got my clothing and stuff out of the trk never in my life have I been treated so porley as a peace of cheep meat not even a stake
Pros
Cons
No pay
They are liars
Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana ArkansasApril 27, 2016
Don't believe a word they say I was told my personal property I could pick up after 30 days I've been working on this for 2 months now I received phone number of the driver who took over the truck after me and he was told to dump all my property that was in the truck in the nearest dumpster
Uncaring management controled by covenant
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARApril 2, 2016
This company is controlled and operated now by covenant transport so beware! No pay raises in years and an uncaring dispatchers controlled by covenant. Dispatchers and management get the bonuses and raises..Drivers dont. They do have good equipment.
Pros
YOU HAVE A JOB
Cons
REALLY BAD GREEDY UNPROFESSIONAL DISPATCHERS
Love the people, Stressful work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 19, 2016
We all go through different amounts of stress each day, but the people all work together to get each other through it. The people are amazing to work with. Fast paced multi tasking and problem solving are the major parts of this job. Some days are more stressful than others, and I come home exhausted, but in the end, I like what I do.
Great place to work.
SAFETY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 4, 2016
SRT has a comfortable and fast pace work environment. SRT also has clearly defined work demands and cross-trains all employees.
Horrible communication between various inter-office employees.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 17, 2016
Terrible driver relations, terrible pay even with experience, refused to work with family emergency and threatened to call the cops if I took the truck home for my pre-authorized, verified home time. Paid me drastically less than the company document I signed, in writing, promised I would be paid. Fired me for requesting additional home time due to a death in the family and a pending eviction because they paid a less than livable wage.
Pros
Possible lawsuit for breach of contract and wrongful termination.
Cons
Everything about this company from day one was a con.
You are kidding yourself going with this Covenant Group of idiots
OTR (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 30, 2015
If I knew it was a Covenant Sister Company, would have never gone with them. Left me in jail in St. Louis even though I had Legal Services. Never talked to me, just had the police tell me I was fired. Never charged and they still have $12,532.35 of my personal belongings. Title to my car, birth certificate, lap top, digital camera, clothes, luggage, food. I hit a hydrant because the GPS gave me problems all week as was reported. Did they do anything? Nope. They don't care. The Trailers suck. Beware they do not repair them. It takes days to get repairs. Time lost, money lost. Just a pain in the butt from the get go. Covenant, not even severance pay
Pros
Smiles
Cons
They left me on all my haelth and dental care. Paid for it and made appointments, they did not come thru. Not enough time to play on the road.
Do not go with this comiany.
Driver (Former Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 17, 2015
To start with recruiter said I was approved and verified for sourheastern regional dedicated fleet and set me up for orientation. After three days of orientation they say not enough otr verification but had ten years proof of CDL. So decided I would go with trainer. So they put me up in hotel telling me trainer was I way but woukd not give me his number or location. I called fuel department needed an advance for money to eat on and still to this day have not heard back from them. Finally after five days in a hotel I decided this was a company I did not want to work for. No management at all. Lies from the beginning. They do not do want they say they will do.
Pros
Cons
Everything about them from the start.
Bad Company to work for
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 24, 2015
DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

They steal your money from your paychecks & you have to stay gone for a month in order to get 4 days off.
If you go to the yard, be prepared to get stuck there. Sometimes, days.
Would strongly suggest choosing another company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, AROctober 12, 2015
This company is not a driver friendly company at all. It is more about the customer and the load. One main area they have a problem in is maintenance. My first six months spent at this company was 40-60% spent in a hotel because of a broke down truck. Their shop was not able to correct the problem, but kept trying to send me out in it without fixing the problem. Eventually, it ended in the shop while on the road, and it was finally repaired right. It took a few days for parts and everything to be delivered, but the Peterbilt shop fixed it right. This company care more about saving money then they do about keeping their equipment in perfect running order.
Pros
If you have to work for them, try to get on a dedicated account
Cons
Their OTR is horrible. Not enough miles, You'll go hungry and homeless
trucking is trucking
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARAugust 26, 2015
It was an awesome job as far as trucking goes they will keep you moving and making money, but they did not have a lot of loads to the east coast to get me home.
Pros
good money
Cons
hard to get home
Everyone had a Different Goal
Driver Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARAugust 11, 2015
It seemed like upper management and management on the front lines were not communicating at all. Policies changed every other week. It seemed like each department was working toward a different goal.
I believe the managers in my dept were some of the best there. They did the best they could with what they had to work with.
There are good people there and it was a learning experience.
You will end up doing not only your job, but everyone else's too.
Pros
Good co workers, decent pay
Cons
No one is on the same page
it was a low pay and they didn't get you home on schedule EVERY!!
Commercial Vehicle Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana,ARJuly 25, 2015
I would not like to continue to work for SRT and i wouldn't recommend that antone goes there unless it is an last option. A normal day there is not being able to get in touch with dispatch.
Over the Road Truckdriver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 22, 2015
Drove Freightliner truck to over 30 States including Canada. Handled mostly Refrigerated Freight.We used Qualcomm to communicate with dispatch. Learned the importance of Pickup and Delivery. Fueling a Refrigerated Truck requires 2 Diesel Stops. Discipline Over the Road was highly emphasized.
sucks!!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 22, 2015
Unless you like being on the road all the time, and dealing with a double standard company, this company SUCKS to work for period
Transportation Company
West Coast Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 21, 2015
This company is based in Arkansas and services the continental United States. Refrigerated carrier with updated equipment and strong customer base.
Poor Company to work for
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 10, 2015
Company does not do what they say they will. They never get you home on time. Guarantee mileage is only once per month. They do not pay what is promised during orientation.
Trucking Company heaven
Trucking company billing clerk (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ArkansasJune 30, 2015
Worked here under an employment agency then was hired on full time as a billing clerk. This was something completely new to me and fun to learn. Managing high value accounts and conversing with drivers to ensure everyone got everything right and was billed correctly according to their contracts. I learned a lot about billing and managing contracts and how the trucking scene works. Definitely something new and exciting
Pros
Hour lunches, investment opportunities and awesome benefits
Cons
Computer desk job, watch for carpel tunnel and migraines and back support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTHERN REFRIGERATED TRANSPORT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8