SOUTHERN REFRIGERATED TRANSPORT

SOUTHERN REFRIGERATED TRANSPORT Employer Reviews

Drive a semi hauling freight around the usa
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARJune 28, 2014
Learned to haul Refrigerated goods and maintain temp from beginning to end of trip.
Great training
OTR Operator (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARMay 10, 2014
Learning the job functions and qualification of what it is to be a truck driver. Learn how to read maps and learning different areas. I enjoyed the learning and information I received for becoming a truck driver. The hardest part was learning how to live on the road and eating healthy. The hardest part was communication through technology with all of – more... the system issues. – less
Great company to drive for
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARMay 9, 2014
I would definitely recommend that if you are looking for a company to drive for this one is a good one to look into. Had I not decided to return to college I would still be driving for this company.
A mediocre company
Company Driver (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARApril 1, 2014
It's not the best but not the worst either. Sometimes I think dispatch is more concerned with smoking cigarettes but things are usually okay.
not managed well
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARMarch 28, 2014
company is not well managed to many people doing the same job and no one can figure exactly what they are supposed to be doing don't pay drivers correctly drivers are constantly having to fight for their paychecks
Fast paced, harsh environment.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: growing company
Cons: about 20 minutes out of town, and pay not that great.
Very fast paced job that kept me very busy. I enjoyed that part of it, but the environment very harsh. Located about 20 minutes out of town, and they don't pay very good. Management need a few classes in how to actually manage, but the people themselves are good people. Co-Workers are like family, and a great bunch of people to work with.
DRIVERS ARE THE ONES THAT MADE IT WORTH WORKING HERE
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARNovember 16, 2013
Pros: great equipment
Cons: dispatch had impossible dispatches.
FUN RUNNING WITH OTHER DRIVERS, AND TALKING WITH COMPANY DRIVERS OUT ON THE ROAD.
Productive and Pleasant Working Environment
Supervisor of Recruiting (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: opportunities for advancement, competitive pay package, 401k, and great insurance
Southern Refrigerated Transport is a Texarkana, AR transportation company offering temperature-controlled, dry van, and hazmat transportation service to the 48 continuous states and Canada. This company boasts competitive rates, modern equipment, and the attitude that people are the heart of the company. Founded in 1986, Southern Refrigerated Transport, – more... Inc. has maintained a sincere dedication to safety and excellent service. – less
Great company that provided for there employees
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARAugust 3, 2013
Pros: excelent company
Cons: no time for being at home
Had to perform d.o.t. rules and regulations daily. I learned how to become a professional driver and help others in my field. I sacrificed months at a time from home. Made great pay and saw the country.
Love driving OTR
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARJune 18, 2013
Great dispatchers, long runs. Home on time. Hardest part of the job being away from home for such long periods of times.
not so great
Company driver (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARMarch 16, 2013
This company has more fees for the company drivers for just about anything and everything, I was not happy with the way this company has ran. I never ran more then 1500 miles in a week, and they was never able to get me home on time.
Company that only cares about themselves
Driver (Current Employee), SRTDecember 9, 2012
Pros: keep you moving
Cons: dispatchers don't care about you, just the load.
SRT is a company that doesn't care how long they keep you in the yard, under a load, so you know you aren't getting paid.

Twice stuck in the yard, once for a simple flat tire... 9 days... that is not a typo, it was for NINE DAYS no pay due to being under a load.

They keep you running, but the lack of communication makes it harder to do your job.

When – more... we are held over 3 hrs at shipper we are supposed to get a fee, that doesn't happen, however if we are one minute late we get a 25.00 fee charged to us.

The insurance is expensive compared to other that I have had, almost 200.00/wk out of my check, and I have co-pays that I have never had when paying such a price.

I would not recommend this job to anyone. – less
I would not tell a living soul to go to SRT
company driver (Former Employee), texarkanaOctober 21, 2012
Pros: they conn u into going and mess ur life up
Cons: sucks
Over all rating : Not worth the time of day!
Comp & Benefits : They only give you LAY OVER & BREAKDOWN pay if the dispatcher agrees. As for insurance NEVER got my cards..
Values : they only VALUE there selves..
Job Security & Advancements : If your a BROWN NOSER or a SNITCH then you got it...
MANAGEMENT : DISPATCH is NOT GOOD and ONLY GIVES GOOD LOADS – more... TO THEIR FAVORITES..
WORK & LIFE BALANCE : BE PREPARE IF YOU WORK FOR SRT YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING YOU WORK FOR! SLIDING SCALE THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT HURTS. YOU DO NOT GET 2,500 MILES PER WEEK LIKE THEY SAY ALSO YOU DONT GET THE AMOUNT OF PAY THEY SAY..... – less
This job had its good points and bad points.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARAugust 8, 2012
Pros: nice dispatcher
Cons: didn't take enough time with the employees to make them successful.
When I first started they made it seem like you would be secure in the job but as time went by they seemed to not care about you. I learned to depend on myself to reach my goals. I would not recommend this company to anyone that is raising a family.
Excellent Fleet Manager
OTR CDL Team Driver (Current Employee), Texarkana, ARJune 18, 2012
Pros: fleet manager, new equipment, maintenance regularly completed
Cons: compensation and waiting
Typical Day-Load, Drive, Unload, and Waiting
Learned-Garnered More Experience
Management-Okay
Co-workers-Excellent Fleet Manager
Hardest-Waiting, Waiting, Waiting
Enjoyable-Being with My Wife OTR and Seeing the USA

About SOUTHERN REFRIGERATED TRANSPORT

SRT is an over-the-road motor carrier, located in Ashdown, Arkansas, which is 20 miles north of Texarkana, USA. SRT has over 15 – Read more