Southern Refrigerated Transport Employee Reviews

horrible
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 27, 2017
when I worked for S.R.T. my dispatcher was very rude and would hang up on me. Never got me home when I was supposed to be home. poor pay rate, they low ball their drivers.
Pros
nice truck
Cons
rude
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fleet Manager/NIght Operations/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMay 1, 2017
the best part about working at SRT is being in touch with the drivers. they light up the night, even during the most dreadful hour of the night, you can count on one to put a smile on your face!
Pros
overtime
Cons
work overload
my experience with southern refrigerated
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARApril 13, 2017
i enjoyed working for southern the first 4 months. they fired my dispatcher. After that i wasn't even getting 1500 miles a week and i felt like my dispatcher hated me so i quit. oh and when i first started. i recovered a truck for them in Virginia. the ride up there was horrible. and when i finally got to the truck it was filthy. i wanted to quit the first day. they will not get you home ontime or pay you the guarantee pay for not getting you home.
Pros
non
Cons
bad company
A great place to learn about the transportation industry.
Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 18, 2017
I started at SRT with no experience in the transportation industry. After 10 years of experience and training, there's not much that I don't know. The people are easy to work with and the duties are well-defined.
Pros
Meet people from all over the country. Many learning opportunities.
Cons
High stress. Customer and legal requirements create an atmosphere with low tolerance for error.
Horrible place to work!!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 18, 2017
Stay away unless you are lazy and don't want to work....Dispatchers are young and have zero time in the cab or on the road. They have no concept of what trucking is. Continually asked my dispatcher for more miles and even spoke to the driver advocate asking the same and was still denied... Time and time again my dispatcher made errors in eta's and argued the point then admitted she forgot we have 10 hour breaks .... Duh!
This company needs to close and all the so called management and dispatchers need to not ever work in this industry again...
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 11, 2017
Was on regional account was sitting contantly for hours was dispatched loads that were not even ready so i had to sit and wait i was lucky enough to even make 250$ a week at this junkhole company dispatchers dont care at all constantly changing upper management and also SRT IS OWNED BY COVENANT TRANSPORT DONT WORK FOR SO CALLED SRT WHO ACTUALLY IS COVENANT you will be more than likely be put in a freightliner eventhough they have kenworth t680's and they only have location in texarkana Arkansas driver showers at terminal are not very well accepted meaning no privacy! In open space of the restroom and if you like sitting SRT IS FOR YOU! I quit after a month of total loss of being able to pay bills jb hunt treats me and gets me more miles/pay than THESE IDIOTS EVER DID..... STAY AWAY
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay, dispatch, upper management, being a driver for srt
big truck,highway,money
OTR Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJanuary 17, 2017
get paid to drive a truck around the country and see the it from the highway. not bad if a little unhealthy your going to be eating a lot of junk food.
Pros
money and a place to sleep
Cons
sort home time
This company is a big joke
Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARDecember 23, 2016
The bottom line is this company needs to shut its doors they have a hard time paying their drives myself being one of the drivers I am sure they all get paid what the h3ll why can't they pay the drivers I am bigcountry
Great driver management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 28, 2016
This is a great company to work for I am just looking for something closer to home friendly and personable driver managers and a management team all departments in the company you're great to work with
Pros
Great driver Lanes
Cons
Need to be home
Good pay, terrible company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARNovember 4, 2016
Your home life is insignificant, even if a family member dies, you have to fight to get home in time for the funeral.The hours can be good, but they can also work you like a dog.
Pros
good pay
Cons
will not work with you
Very high stress, many issues within management, high turnover rate
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work begins with the hustle and bustle of catching up on what day shift has left over, sometimes from 9am. There never seems to be a minute of silence and there are always issues to correct. I have learned to be extremely patient and understanding with other people when they call in upset about not getting their home time. Management can use a tremendous amount of work, there always seems to be too many chiefs and not enough indians. There is a huge amount of favoritism shown from management and when an issue is presented absolutely nothing is done about it. Co-workers seem to form "clicks" and only offer help to those who fit within their group. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with people from all walks of life on a daily basis and the computer system is pretty easy to learn.
Pros
Can take a 5 or 10 minute break as needed throughout the day
Cons
Expensive benefits, lack of training protocols, lack of informative information regarding new rules
Typical co. Not a game changer in workforce.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Mostly Western, but they can send me anywhereAugust 11, 2016
Overview, research this co thoroughly before making any decisions. The office staff are alright, they have treated me fairly.
Pros
Free showers, and laundry facility
Cons
Family insurance is way to high, only one terminal to facilitate repairs, ect. Sit at shippers-recievers way to long without compensation.
Interesting place to work
Maintenance Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJuly 12, 2016
I have enjoyed my 8+ years working with my current company. I was extremely lucky to be able to work in the maintenance department under on of the best managers that I have ever worked for. My job as the Shop Administrative Assistant was consistently changing, and never boring. I always had certain reports to get out every mooring, but never knew what I would have to do before the day was out. Some thing were very tedious and detailed, others were fun and interesting.
I worked with about 45 men and 3 women, all of who became like family to me. I guess that was the part that I most loved about my job. The worst will be leaving them. If I wasn't moving over 600 miles away, I would not be leaving this job for anything.
Pros
Working with my current director
Cons
Having to walk so far from parking lot to office
No Communication
Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARJune 13, 2016
Communication between dispatchers and drivers is horrible. Assign loads without appointments. You may be stuck with a 700 mile load for 3 days. You can request home time 3 months in advance but no guarantee you will get it. Not a company I would recommend. Since the owner retired it has gotten worse. Average miles per week 1200 to 2400 and that is if you are lucky.
Pros
Cons
See review
Nothing is positive about SRT
Driver (Former Employee) –  OtrMay 5, 2016
Got to be the worst driving job I ever had was sopost to be out ten days home two well that never happened was out a month and got a load going past the house had four days to do A 10 he run so I stopped to see the wife and kids and SRT said I abandoned my load after I was their ten hrs and was fired this is only the beginning of the hole deal I been driving for 20 years when I started orentashon was told I would make one set amount of money per mile and at the end of orentashon I was told ten cents a mile less than what I agreed to before I even started the hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in the top of the line food that say I wouldn't feed my dog I got sick actually in a month of running for them I only made 600$ one check the other three that kept said try was a banded well that fired me kept my money that owed me and I barley got my clothing and stuff out of the trk never in my life have I been treated so porley as a peace of cheep meat not even a stake
Pros
Cons
No pay
They are liars
Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana ArkansasApril 27, 2016
Don't believe a word they say I was told my personal property I could pick up after 30 days I've been working on this for 2 months now I received phone number of the driver who took over the truck after me and he was told to dump all my property that was in the truck in the nearest dumpster
Uncaring management controled by covenant
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARApril 2, 2016
This company is controlled and operated now by covenant transport so beware! No pay raises in years and an uncaring dispatchers controlled by covenant. Dispatchers and management get the bonuses and raises..Drivers dont. They do have good equipment.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Really bad greedy unprofessional dispatchers
Love the people, Stressful work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 19, 2016
We all go through different amounts of stress each day, but the people all work together to get each other through it. The people are amazing to work with. Fast paced multi tasking and problem solving are the major parts of this job. Some days are more stressful than others, and I come home exhausted, but in the end, I like what I do.
Great place to work.
SAFETY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARMarch 4, 2016
SRT has a comfortable and fast pace work environment. SRT also has clearly defined work demands and cross-trains all employees.
Horrible communication between various inter-office employees.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 17, 2016
Terrible driver relations, terrible pay even with experience, refused to work with family emergency and threatened to call the cops if I took the truck home for my pre-authorized, verified home time. Paid me drastically less than the company document I signed, in writing, promised I would be paid. Fired me for requesting additional home time due to a death in the family and a pending eviction because they paid a less than livable wage.
Pros
Possible lawsuit for breach of contract and wrongful termination.
Cons
Everything about this company from day one was a con.