Southern Regional Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 8, 2016
Volunteering at Southern Regional was very beneficial to my growth and education of the medical field, in addition to the administration and dynamics of how a hospital is ran.
Nice place to work. Enjoy the diversity.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 20, 2016
A typical day at GI is one day your in the pre-assessment or intra-operative or the PACU . Occasionally your in one or two areas in a day. Co-workers are team workers. Always willing to help out where there is a need. Also nice to work with different doctors. The doctors introduce you to new equipment and educate you on the newest procedure techniques and how they like them done. We also do bronchoscopys and ERCP's so the diversity is nice.
Pros
See different patients each day.
Cons
Working with different doctors each day but you learn there way of doing things eventually..
Enjoy watching patients rehabilitate
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 26, 2016
Providing hands on direct patient care assisting with transfers and adl"s making sure equipment is safe and clean to use assisting nurses and therapist as needed .The hardest part of my job is team work when needed at time the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I am helping someone sharing my smile, hard work and compassion
Pros
BENIFITS
Cons
ONLY 30 min breaks
Good Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Have come a long way with customer ratings I believe , and will continue to do so . Southern Regional is a great Hospital on the Southside that is very much needed .
Pros
Look's out for their staff .
Cons
Can think of nothing
Hospital
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GADecember 9, 2015
This is a nice place to work. This facility provides care to so many people who can and cannot afford healthcare. It is a staple in the community.
Souther Regional Medical Center
Equipment Tech (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 31, 2015
Southern Regional is where the jobs get done. I love to go to work to learn something new. Love all of my peers, and communicating with them. My manger is very sociable but at the same time we make sure the job gets done. At this moment im just looking for better opportunities to better my career.
Great for clinical Medical Asssistants
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 7, 2015
I really enjoyed my time with them. It was fast paced and I loved all my patients. This gave me the experience I needed fresh out of school to grow in my career. I worked back office only. Loved my patients and my coworkers!
positive administration
Substitute Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJSeptember 27, 2015
well organized and efficiently run school policy and procedures

staff highly efficient

healthy and happy student body
Pros
positive atmosphere between staff and student body
Cons
only substitute
They just filed for bankruptcy
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 2, 2015
Under staffed, under equip. Due to recent facility monetary troubles the future of this hospital is very unstable right now. Many employees are leaving due to career uncertainty, as expected it is a high stress environment presently.
Heavy workload with little assistance.
Staff Nurse / Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 2, 2015
The workload was increasing with little or no assistance. The facility is in the middle of a financial crisis with debt climbing. Staff had been laid off. Management did nothing to take the burden off of the staff.
Made it extremely hard to give great patient care and answer families question and concerns. My co-workers were great even while being short staffed. The hardest part of the job was staying on top of the workload, so you could finish your shift in a timely manner.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Excessive patient load, 3 to 1 in critical care.
Productive, nice place
Internship as Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverdale GAJune 24, 2015
People are very nice when it comes to interns, good work environment, learn alot about central sterile technology here
Case Manager
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 18, 2015
Work day averaging 8-10hrs per day working with clients and physicians in discharging and managing patients. Working with uninsured patients is a challenge and rewarding career move.
Pros
working with unisured patients is a challenge
Cons
low pay for the area
Productive place of employment
ER Patient Access Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Riverdale GAJune 11, 2015
Southern Regional Medical has the busy ER on the south side, I enjoy working with my coworkers, they are very caring and passionate with the patients. I also enjoy caring and waiting on the patients it an rewarding feeling.
Pros
incentives
Cons
short breaks
Very productive workplace and great teamwork.
Phlebotomist, (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 9, 2015
A typical day was receiving your assignment in the morning; staying abreast of stats and timed specimens; collecting specimens from all wards including nursery, NICU and ICU;Assisting and receiving help from other team members; keeping patient status updated on computer; providing result to physicians and authorized nursing staff; stocking and maintaining stockroom. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace in the ER, all the doctors seemed to want their specimen right away. Only one person was assigned to the ER at one time but the team members came over and helped when they had the time.
Pros
The job was most enjoyable especially the maternity ward and nursery.
Cons
The ER
Debt
Bed Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 5, 2015
The hospital was a great place to work until it started falling apart. I really enjoyed my job. The hospital is really in bad shape. No one is being held accountable for the debt we are in right now.
My SRMC work experience
APC Coordinator / Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMay 15, 2015
I had to review accounts correct coding, diagnoses, and add modifiers. I conducted meetings and gathered data and created daily spreadsheets. I received the majority of any assistance needed from co-workers versus management. Myself, as the APC Coordinator, worked closely with the Revenue Integrity Specialist, Charge Master Rep, and departmental leads. I advanced from a Reimbursement Analyst to a coder and then the APC Coordinator. My original pt acct mngr saw my potential and allowed me room for advancement. I enjoy a challenge and vital responsibilities.
Critical Care
Registered Nurse Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 9, 2015
working at this facility was ok. they have been going through a lot of ceo's and managers so i'm not to sure how it is now. Friends of mine that were once working the floor have left.
Student Internship
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAApril 8, 2015
I was only a student here but I enjoyed working with all the staff. Very organized and helpful towards helping me learn all I can learn in the short time period i was there.
ok
RN staff nurse/ charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 2, 2015
ok , patient load 5-6 with varies type patients including stroke ,surgical and medial, fair management team .some co worker ok.many patient with no insurance and long term stay
team work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMarch 3, 2015
Any time I needed help, my compadres were there! I had cooperation from my immediate supervisor, and liked most of the suits, too.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
healthcare uncertianty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Regional. Our community is ready to answer.