Southern Regional Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Medical Record Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2017
Very interesting place to work...very accommodating. When management changed, the facility took a huge hit and eventually outsourced the coding.
I experienced at least 4 different manages/supervisors during my tenure there.
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
Management was not consistent
Toxic work environment
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 22, 2017
There's absolutely no team dynamic. The work environment is toxic beginning with the higher ups that has trickled down to the bottom. There's no structure.
Ordinary
Client Services Representative Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 21, 2017
The company went through many changes and as well as management. The laboratory didn't really compensate you for your experience and the job moral was very low.
Pros
A job.
Cons
Bad management.
learning place
E.R Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 6, 2017
Southern regional is an learning place for those just starting out in their career. With great co-workers and a great support system from supervisors.
Stressful place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 4, 2017
There isn't all bad news in my place of employment, my colleagues I enjoy working with day to day. The culture around my job should involve more TEAMWORK. The wages should be more for the job which is done at an high level.
Benefits
Cons
Stresses of the job. Its a constant battle of customer service frustration.
I love the people i work with mostly, the job just doesn't pay enough for you to provide sufficient care of your family. For my particular job title.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 2, 2017
I enjoy working and helping people, that's why I am in healthcare, but working here is stressful and a learning experience on how to appreciate your job and learning customer service skills. Dealing with the stressed patients and their attitudes is a constant battle on the job. Being under staffed and working more, with horrible pay grades isn't sufficient either.
Benefits
Cons
Low wages and lack of leadership
Great coworkers just not enough of them! Inadequate staffing.
Staff RN PRN Maternal-Child (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 14, 2017
Great place to learn if you are lucky enough to get orientation from a seasoned/willing nurse. Pleasant doctors & nursing staff but they are just stretched so thin!!!
Pros
Pleasant folks to work with.
Cons
Inadequate staffing & management is unstable
Poor team work amongst staff, limited availibilty for job and career advancement
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 8, 2017
Some of the staff are friendly and others not so much. Terrible pay. No career advancement. Poorly trained staff. Benefits are mediocre. Management is okay however they don't frequent units enough and nurses rarely have huddles to discuss issues etc.
Pros
Staff is okay.
Cons
rarely have time to get a lunch break due to nurse to patient ratio.
Horrible work environment
professional (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 20, 2017
Don't waste your time.... since being purchased by Prime healthcare all they have been doing is firing and hiring. All areas are under staffed!!! Poor customer service patients complaining and negative Staff..
Pros
use to be a good place to work
Cons
use to be a good place to work
Too long ago...
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 16, 2017
I worked at Southern Regional Hospital in the late 80's. I can't recall a lot about the work environment or the people with whom I worked. I do recall that I liked working there.
Pros
Close to my home, at the time.
Cons
Fast-paced work environment
Work place
Paramedic/ ER TECH II (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 3, 2017
Not an overly enjoyable place to work. People are nice but constant supply shortages and the simi frequent department manager changes leaves thing disheveled more often then not.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Supply shortages often
Excellent work enviornment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 2, 2017
First job ever. Stayed 12 years began working in med/surg then tele floated to oncology and took position the last 5 years in ER. Loved the work. Enjoyed the workflow and the patients I served
Pros
freat work place
Cons
director
Poor place to work
Emergency Room Tech/ Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 1, 2017
Working in this emergency room places too much stress on the mental working of the mind. There is constant verbal abuse of workers by patients and management will not stand up for you. I was twice threatened with physical harm by a patient just for trying to correct his vulgar and abusive language in front of other patients including children. I was then told I acted inappropriately by even trying to correct him.
Pros
Personal rewards
Cons
Poor managerial support
Southern regional was a great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJuly 25, 2017
I have any promise with Southern regional oge's relo in to Ohio I great right teen players in great co-workers it was a great place to work We have great nurses great management we make a decent living I run on have nothing negative to say about Southern regional
Pros
Everything was good at Southern regional
Cons
I really don't have anything negative to say about Southern regional
Restructuring, allowing seasoned qualified nurses to leave without follow up or retention incentive
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day at work is, once you report to assigned unit, you will likely get pulled to an area not anticipated. Nurse Manager walks around and looks for staff to pull to other areas or send home. Allowed to work 72 hrs or less for the last 4 yrs due to financial difficulties.
Pros
10% discount in lunch room, lunch breaks are required
They don't care about their employees. They are overly worked and under paid
Radiology Administrative/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 18, 2017
Need new management that actually cares about their employees. Employees are extremely over worked due to mass layoffs and the current employees are not receiving any compensation for all the extra work and duties that are added to the current duties.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 11, 2017
management not good not good not good not good not good not good management need to go to manger school or need meeting on how to by manager putting people in place that dont no how to be a manager
Great Teamwork
ED Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 3, 2017
I enjoy my coworkers, and the teamwork they provide. It makes for really great shifts.I was able to be certified ACLS, PALS, and BLS through my employer. I learned to manage crisis, and work under very stressful situations.
good
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2017
I was a student in clinical rotations so I dont have a lot to say about this working environment. The preceptors were very helpful and supportive in helping you learn
Busy. Lots of work. Never a dull moment.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMay 22, 2017
Work was study. Staff was friendly. Learning and advancement opportunities were always available for review. Location was close to home. The hours were great. Supervisor was always available to assist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Regional. Our community is ready to answer.