Southern Regional

Southern Regional Employer Reviews

Rewarding experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAJuly 15, 2014
Hardest part of the job was seeing families loose a loved one. Most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like I was helping others.
Not happy
lead sonographer (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAJuly 11, 2014
I enoyed working for this company many years ago. But due to the new managment I dont feel like I can continue.
OK place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMay 17, 2014
I was able to gain experience in different departments without having to change jobs
Excellent place to work and to advance.
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee), Riverdale,GaMarch 29, 2014
Very fast pace and I enjoy working with my co workers, we work as a team. Our patients come first and we provide excellent care all with patient rights in mind.
Fun workplace and lots to learn
Report Writer (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMarch 26, 2014
Good opportunities to learn and great culture to deal with.
Great work environment
Senior Director of Food & Nutrition Services (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work involves me engaging all of my customers, associates and peer team members. My day revolves around focusing my team efforts to achieve our goals. I have learned a great deal about the in and outs of healthcare especially in regards to food service leadership. I value all of my co-workers and we have a good time producing great – more... results. The hardest part of my job is adjusting associates labor hours to meet budget. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be directly involved with positive patient outcomes. – less
Ok place to work if you want to just be a badge number.
Perform head (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMarch 17, 2014
Have had several floor managers during my employment here. Patient load is heavy and there is a lack of resources.
hospital lacks knowledgeable staff
business office (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAFebruary 23, 2014
Cons: everything
All I can say is do not work here. Patient care is not up to standards. I know several people who have been seen here and have been misdiagnosed. The Business Office lacks structure. Thankfully the recent Director is no longer there, she was running the place further into the ground and was managing by intimidation. Several people have lost their jobs – more... at the hands of her unnecessarily. The HR dept is clueless as well, they lack skills to help and direct their employees when problems occur, they take the side of management without investigating serious issues. Dont even consider a position here, you will regret it!!!! – less
Laboratory is awesome work environment, hospital is unstable.
Laboratory Regulatory and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: finanacial instability
Great people to work with but due to financial problems the hospital is not a secure working environment.
Nice place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: drug reps. [free lunch
Cons: health benefits but thats due to the insurance co.
Walk in and everyone is smiling, I learned not to sweat the small stuff b/c some is there to help. Management ,very supportive. Co-worker/friends supportive and always willing to help. Hardest part of the job for me was losing a child.
and the most enjoyable was the reward I got on my way home.
*********
Pt. Access (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Excellent workplace with great opportunity for advancement.
Traveler
Ga. Medsource - RN/RCIS Traveler (Former Employee), Riverdale, GaFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: management
Traveler scrub,monitor, circulator diagnostic and interventional coronary and peripheral procedures
Low pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Riverdale, GeorgiaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: low pay
Southern Regional is located in a rough part of town, patients often do not have insurance, which means staff pay is low. Being understaffed and underpaid doesn't go a long way.
activities and school requirements
Diagnostic Imaging Assistant/ Administrative asst (Former Employee), Riverdale, GANovember 20, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: limit workers
Excellent staffs! Employee working as team, helping achievement for hospital school, example nursing class.
Nice co-workers
A/R Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Riverdale, GANovember 8, 2013
Great co-workers. Management team needs to improve their "people skills".
It's been a wonderful place to work
Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAOctober 9, 2013
I love the flexibility and I've learned time management and organization. My co-workers are some of the very best. The hardest part of the job now is dealing with a computer system that in my opinion isn't conducive to being productive.
Productive work place
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), College Park, GASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: prking
Cons: out of state location
Patient care , what I learned was trauma care , excellent team memebers, the star in the above box didnt let me refect on This Hospital Southern Region would get a five star rating.
POOR BENEFITS, POOR PAY UNPROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT
Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Riverdale GaAugust 9, 2013
Pros: it was close to home
Cons: had to buy own supply, poor health benefit's, un professional, too much favortisim
I had worked in I.C.U, prior to working for southern regional I had previous hospital experience. I never dealt with such unprofessional Nurses in my medical career. I had to buy soap, febreeze and baby powder from my own money ever week to keep my patient's fresh. The soap they had provided us to bathe the patients was not even soluble in water and – more... did not create any suds to remove the dirt of the patient's. I had witness personally nurses who should had been sued and reported to the board of nursing of Georgia for negligence and was protected by the Head Nurse of ICU. The insurance was convenant with a fifty dollar co-payment, for everything...If you are serious about being in the medical field, and you are looking for an institution that provide decent care for their patient. The last place you would want to go to is here. – less
ok place to work
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: treatment of workers
A day at work was just seating at your desk billing customers. I learned to trust no one in management at sothernregional. My co-workers I have much respect for them, they were very good people that got dis respect buy the hospital. the hardest part of the job was seat at that desk every day. Enjoyable part was going home.
Average for the most part
Registered Nurse, Endoscopy (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAJuly 31, 2013
Laid off. No stability and unpredictable on-call statuses made this a hard environment to work in.