Southern Season Employee Reviews

Great place to work for anyone with a love of "food".
Vice President & General Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: The customers, my co-workers, the shopping experience.
Cons: None.
A dream job that matched my skill set and my passion. I woke every morning eager to get to work to see what challenges the day would bring. I was never disappointed. My co-workers were a great group whom I learned a great deal from. You could not ask for a better customer base for a store like Southern Season than the people of Chapel Hill.

I was able to connect with many people in the gourmet retail world through attendance at trade shows. I also hosted a weekly radio show on our local FM station WCHL-97.9 called Side Dish that gave me the opportunity to speak with interesting people from all over the country that were involved in the food/wine industry.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 6, 2015
taught how to be a leader, taught how to have great customer service, taught how to be a team player,taught how to be a better chef
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Friendly and understanding managers
Cons: Mon-Thurs. business is slow
Friendly staff and managers
Flexible work schedules
Lots of opportunities to move up in company
Lots of events held
Tons of food to sample
I love my job, staff, and customers
The most enjoyable part of my job is moving around and engaging with the customers
Productive workplace
Chef (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: no breaks
Seeking different employment , this company does not treat their employees with respect . co-workers are afraid to ask for a break. management is not very good at keeping the schedule up to date. employees have to ask, or make an excuse in order to get a break or 10 minutes of away time .
good job for a first timer
Material Handler (Current Employee), Hillsborough, NCNovember 25, 2014
good job for a first timer not a long term place to work if you are trying to provide for a family
Good place for a single person. Wouldn't recommend to family orientated individual
Shipping/ receiving clerk, Coffee, candy manager (Former Employee), Burlington, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: advancements from with in the company, good work environment
Cons: long hours during peak seasons 50 to 60 hours a week
A typical day of work consist of working the docks receiving in bounds merchandise. Management on site supervising and watching over operations. Everyone working as a team to get all merchandiser is accounted for and aren't any wrong items or damage products. The most enjoyable part of then day is punch out time; when I can look back and reflect on the days accomplishments.
Great Concept and Great Employees Management Needs Trainig
Network Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: great food
Cons: limited holidays and terrible communication
Wonderful Employees that work very hard with large expectations with little compensation.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCAugust 18, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work for someone who enjoys food. There are many benefits including possibility for advancement and a comfortable work environment.
Not a fun workplace anymore!!
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hillsborough, NCDecember 4, 2013
Pros: none!!
Cons: too many to list here!!
This seasonal position use to be a good way to end my year, but now that the company is under new everything it sucks!! Nothing goes right and instead of making changes the wheel keeps turning. This WAS a great place to work now it out of whack, major mistakes happening, and blame being placed everywhere except where it needs to be. Promoting people who don't deserve it and trying to drive seasoned permanent employees out of the door. The experience this year was miserable and I will NOT work there EVER again!!!
Products are wonderful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hillsborough, NCNovember 18, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: breaks
Answering customer service calls and taking orders. The employees are very nice and the store is amazing.
Fast-pace, in-house marketing team
Jr. Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Chapel Hill NCJuly 23, 2013
Marketing team works collaboratively on many branding projects meanwhile keeping up with in-store collateral for promotions and advertising.
Gourmet food and homewares retail store under new ownership expanding from single store to multiple locations
Lead Retail Associate Coffee/Tea, Barista (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 29, 2013
Pros: customers enjoy breadth of inventory, destination shopping for many.
Cons: rapid expansion under new management has eroded work environment at original store.
I have most enjoyed learning about and sharing my love of coffee and tea with customers and other staff. The day is fast paced as I provide customer service, manage flow of inventory from warehouse to retail store, direct co-workers in task priorities and respond to operational directives of management.
Very nice and friendly workplace. Seasonal employment only.
Seasonal employee (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 5, 2013
A typical day included sales on the floor of the House and Home section. Everyone was very nice.