Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is an interstate natural gas transportation company, headquartered in Owensboro, KY. Southern Star operates a 6,000-mile pipeline system transporting natural gas from Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming and Colorado to markets in the Mid-continent.
Southern Star provides a fun, friendly, and modern working environment as well as competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are seeking an experienced professional with skills and qualifications in the following area:
Job # 13-219 – Analyst, Pipeline Compliance & Outreach – Kansas City, KS
This position reports to Manager, Pipeline Compliance and is responsible for maintaining all Pipeline Compliance and Outreach programs in order to maintain compliance with local, state, and federal pipeline safety regulations related to the operation, maintenance, and construction activities of the company’s interstate natural gas transmission system. The Analyst, Pipeline Compliance and Outreach will maintain Southern Star’s Public Awareness Program in Compliance with all API RP 1162 standards per PHMSA guidance and other programs according to its applicable standards. This analyst will perform Work Location internal DOT audits and will provide support for PHMSA and State audits as needed. Analyst will provide structure gathering and DOT Compliance training and will lead the OQ effort in the assigned Work Locations including, but not limited to, training evaluators, administrators, and Operations Team Leads as well as functioning as the Veriforce liaison. Analyst will also utilize Microsoft Office Suite, OSI database, GIS, SharePoint, and vendor supplied software such as Paradigm PDQ Web, WebX, and Veriforce.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Works independently under the guidance of the Manager, Pipeline Compliance and senior level specialist and analysts.
- Performs data entry for Report Tracking, MAOPs, Strength Tests, and other databases in the Operations and Engineering SSCGP database
- Coordinates the development, review, and maintenance of the Operation and Maintenance Manual DOT-related policies and procedures, including emergency management plans
- Audit Work Location Pipeline Compliance records and facilities
- Coordinates the development and/or maintenance of safety reports and manuals
- Provides support for data collection and analysis associated with the Public Awareness Program needs
- Develops and provides training to internal and external customers such as emergency responders and limited mobility locations
- Represents the company at the State Public Awareness organization meetings
- Provides liaison with Southern Star stakeholders in the Work Locations with emphasis on counties that contain Class 3, 4 or HCA SSCGP assets
- Tracks and provides needed logic to assist Specialist, Pipeline Compliance and Outreach in facilitating Southern Star’s Public Awareness Program
- Coaches and/or mentors employees on technical development, assignments, and projects
- Performs all other needed tasks as requested by the Manager, Pipeline Compliance
- Travel up to 75% of time by plane and/or automobile, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in an environment where the workday is unstructured/unplanned and scheduled activities are subject to change without notice
- Ability to work long, irregular hours on an often extended basis, including nights and weekends, with little or no notice
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing, time-sensitive projects
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Entry-level to 3 years’ experience
- Valid driver’s license and insurability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in written, oral communication skills, Microsoft Office, and other computer applications
- Ability to compile, research, and analyze technical information and regulatory documentation
- Ability to interpret information on maps, pipeline drawings, and procedures
- Ability to prepare, communicate, and present information to internal and external contacts in a manner that well represents the needs of SSCGP
- Knowledge of SSCGP policies and procedures and gas pipeline operations
- Knowledge of API RP 1162 and 49 CFR Part 190, 191, and 192
Skills & Traits
- Strategic thinker
- Detail oriented
Working Location: Shawnee, KS
How to apply:
If you have qualifications we need, want a job that uses your existing skills and encourages you to develop new ones, provides varied work challenges, and allows you to work with a great group of people, this position might be a perfect fit. Please forward your resume, which should provide evidence of how you meet each minimum requirement mentioned and any preferences listed, to: SSCGP HR Department, Job Postings, PO Box 20010, Owensboro, KY 42304. You must include the Job# identified above or your resume will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
SSCGP is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants for their interest, but will only respond to those selected for interviews.
Note: Relatives of employees are not eligible to apply. Relatives mean an employee’s spouse (including common law or domestic partner), parent, grandparent, child (including step, foster, legally adopted or placed for adoption, or other child over which you have legal guardianship), grandchild, sibling, uncle, aunt, niece or nephew, and in-laws of the same status.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline (SSCGP) is an interstate natural gas transportation company, headquartered in Owensboro, KY. SSCGP...