Southern State Community College

Southern State Community College Employee Reviews

I loved this job best experience ever
work study (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OHApril 6, 2015
Pros: it worked with my school schedule
Cons: N/A
A typical day was just assisting instructers and students
they helped me as well
management did everything to accommodate my schedule
there was nothing hard about this position
Administration and Management
ITV / Configuration Manager / Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Many instructors value the accessory staff (many are part-time)
Unfortunately many of the administration and management team do not respect or value any employee of lesser than full time status.
Good group of people to work with...Family like atmosphere
OMJ Center Manager (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OHMarch 20, 2015
Pros: staff
Everyday was about making a positive difference in peoples lives. That was the best part, know you had helped someone.

Enjoyed working for a very professional individual that allowed my staff and I to allow our personalities to come through how we managed and handled the day-to-day operations.
Productive and Great Customer Service
Office Attendant (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OHNovember 21, 2014
The best Company I've ever worked for! Great people, great clients, Loved hosting the Job Fairs!
Enjoyable
Intern (Former Employee), Sardinia, OHFebruary 12, 2014
This wasn't actually employment but I enjoyed completing my internship at the college.
Serious problems
English Instructor (Former Employee), OhioJuly 18, 2013
I could not in good faith provide a positive review given what I know about this institution.
Encourages connections and academic excellence in a comfortable and work environment
Adjunct English Faculty (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OHFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: wonderful work invironment focused on the academic success of students
Cons: part-time
SSCC affirms a culture of academic excellence while providing an enjoyable work environment. I currently teach three English and two Speech courses on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30am - 4:15pm. I have learned to respect students of all ages, ethicities, gender, and dynamics. My co-workers have become people I trust and respect. The leadership is consistent and honest. The most difficult aspect of my job in the uncertainty of having a part-time position. The most rewarding part of my opportunity in the classroom is witnessing student confidence and success!
The Staff is great
Faculty Secretary (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OHOctober 22, 2012
Pros: insurance
The most enjoyable part of the day is working with the students and staff. The hardest part is juggling the schedule of faculty.
I loved this job and didn't want to leave but school was done.
Receptionist/Customer Service Work Study (Former Employee), Sardinia, OhioJune 18, 2012
This was the coolest job. I worked with some great people and I got to know a bunch of students and faculty. It was a very caring and fun place to work. It was also a very nice atmosphere to work in and I love working in the library.
Best work enviroment
Adult Opportunity Center/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OHJune 8, 2012
Pros: relaxing break areas
Cons: dress code was more formal than needed
Although I was just a work study employee, I enjoyed working with the people at this job. They were open, honest, and respectful to all employees. I believe the company understands that everyone is not the same and they are not going to be the ones who change them.
Interesting and Diversified
Bookstore Management (Former Employee), Washington Court House, OH 43160April 29, 2012
Pros: meeting, helpling all students with educational experience
Cons: hours not consistent, the pay not same from week, inconsistency in career advancement, hiring practices to week, discrepancies of employment advancement process
Depending on the week of the quarter a typical day would vary greatly. The beginning of the quarter (the first week of book sales) was very busy with extended hours. I took tuition payments book payments, dispensed on line book orders, made deposits, Typical days were devoted to keeping book counts, inventory management, scheduling nursing exams, respiratory therapy exams, explaining financial aid when necessary, keeping the store neat and orderly. Prior to the start of a new quarter all books that had been ordered for the individual courses had to be shelved and counted and determined how many were new and how many were used. I learned a great deal about the operation of a community college and the workings of an on campus bookstore. IWhen I first started this position I was the only person working the bookstore, but when the new bookstore was opened another employee was hired. For the most part she was congenial with me. The many members of the business office were helpful an pleasant. The hardest part of this position was, I would say, the unpacking and shelving of the books for each quarter. This involved not only physical but organizational skills. The books had to be categorized, organized according to course and course number, and counts had to be accurate. I enjoyed the interaction with the students. Many would come to the bookstore between classes sometimes to browse, sometimes to have a sympathetic ear.