Southern University

Southern University Employer Reviews

Just good
Executive (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 4, 2014
Southern University- Baton Rouge, LA
• Filed and organized paperwork rapidly and competently
• Inputted computer data precisely and proficiently
• Performed other office related duties in a friendly and professional manner
• Take care about office protocol
Productive fun workplace with music playing
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, happy environment, amazing co-workers
Cons: not enough pay
Very enjoyable experience, the co-workers were very generous and respectful, I've learned so much to enhance my computer skills, including hands-on experiences with hardware. I mostly enjoyed doing the tasks as a team.
challenging work with great clients and co-workers
Associate Professor/Counselor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 29, 2014
On a typical day during student registration, I might advise as many as 50 students ranging in age from 17 to 70. The most difficult part of the job is convincing co-workers to open classes that are closed for students who need the credits to graduate. It never fails that some students will have a personal problem such as: getting housing, child care, – more... or coordinating work/school schedules. Having a job where one counsels and teach is a challenge each day, but the reward of seeing someone you helped along-the-way graduate with a degree is very rewarding. – less
Productive and fun
Volunteer Office Worker (Former Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 3, 2014
Love the people there it was fun coming to work for them they were so loving and kind.
Productive and codusive learning enviroment for professionals.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free seminars, free lunches, plenty of networking options.
Cons: short breaks, not enough resources, healthcare.
A typical day as a graduate assistant in Urban Forestry includes being outdoors, conducting research, networking with others, enjoying the time spent with colleagues, meeting seminars, learning to use different instruments, time management.
Productive and fun workplace.
Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: developing business skills
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work consisted of campus tours and filing paperwork. I leaned about college life and Microsoft Word. The management was very pleasant and informational. My co workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was processing transcripts. The most enjoyable was being on the campus learning the system.
Busy and productive office work environment
Special Hire - Office of the President (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 10, 2014
A typical work day includes multiple calls that have to be directed to its appointed location. A very busy workplace that ran smoothly, I just had to facilitate calls and deliver paperwork to its proper locations.
Campus Security PRN (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2014
Pros: meeting and greeting people of all ages
Cons: seasonal, no benefits
Work at security gate on game days, enjoys being at the university where I graduated. Making sure everyone could safely enjoy the game and have fun. Had to stand up the entire game time but time would go by very fast because I enjoyed what I was doing. Now looking forward to game season.
Primary function was office duties
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2014
Pros: pay was very competitive
Cons: not so favorable work environment
Clerical work which could have been handled by undergraduate student worker. Management could have been better.
Great Experience
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 5, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: n/a
Provided students with the ability to obtain the knowledge of scientific skills and techniques in science
Help assist students with their summer research working in the Biology laboratory
Typical Work during a semester
Clinical Coordinator/Assistant Professor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility of work schedule
Cons: working to overcome the different learning styles/abilities of the students.
Teach junior and senior courses in Health Information Management.
Create assignments, quizzes, and exams, that will meet course competencies as well as work with other HIM professionals to create courses.
Work with different types of health care facilities to establish affiliation agreements for our senior students clinical and internship courses.
Offer – more... tutoring to our students.
Organize advisory board meetings.
Write grants
Write proposals to speak at various educational and HIM related conferences, seminars, and workshops.
Review textbooks
Attend HIM and educational related conferences, seminars, and workshops

Typical day - Teach courses for that day; cover my office hours where students come in to be advised, tutored, etc; follow up with the clinical and internship sites; attend scheduled meetings; work on new assignments or research or grants or projects that are due; and organize meetings – less
One of the coolest places i ever worked
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 11, 2014
I have nothing bad to say about this work experience great job great hours great staff , no complaints.
Fun place to be
New Orleans, work study, assistant secretary (Current Employee), New OrleansFebruary 7, 2014
We are dealing with problems and situations that students have to face on every day basis. It helps me to develop my problem solving skills and communication skills. I have gained my co-workers trust and they know they can rely on me for always being on time and getting all my assignments done.
good work while schooling
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2014
great proffessors and research. some specific research have good fundings and good equipments
My days at work.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 22, 2014
My typical day at work is I like cleaning and organizing. I learn how to become a better organizer each day. My co-workers are very friendly and polite, There aren't anything hard about my job, I just do my job. The most enjoyable day of my job is when I get to work.
Great Working Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 20, 2014
The experiences at had at this job were excellent and love every minute of working there.
Great Job for college student
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Baton RougeJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: pay, flexibility, convenience
Cons: no teamwork
I loved this job. I was able to work around my class schedule and I would get paid an amount of money that I would be able to live off of. Although the job was on and off it gave me liberty to o to school and work.
flow of work
Student Worker (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: helping other is plus
Cons: n/a
Southern university at new Orleans very well around school good family like people to work for. I love everything about it help other students with research .
Your Co-Workers
Student Activities Director Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 2, 2014
Working at the University I currently serve as a student as was very memorable and rewarding because you form friendships with people who are so generous and it allows you to learn more about the culture and heritage of the institute.
Great Family
Editor & Chief of SUSLA Jaguar Speak (Former Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 20, 2013
Learning about the history and culture behind is was awesome. Everyone was like family. Creating memories, bonding, traveling, and studying there was a great experience.