Southern Wine & Spirits

Southern Wine & Spirits Employer Reviews

Wild & Fun Marketing Gig
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: i got to travel a lot and attend amazing events with great gifts and bonuses.
Cons: the hours were very taxing and you could get burned out.
This job was a 24 hour job. Depending no the season I would be up early for corporate meetings with my sales team going over products that were highlighted that week or month. I would then make my way to the warehouse and stocked up for my daily and weekly deliveries to numerous bars and restaurants. I would also ride along with each sales person and set up a monthly calendar of promotions for specific brands they wanted to push. I hired promotional models to make appearances at certain events as well as attended about 90% of them late at night so that I could oversee their progress and manage them as a whole.
Steady job with good pay and great benefits
Warehouse / Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 15, 2015
We worked a four day week (Tue-Fri). Depending on the day we followed a designated delivery route for the dispersal of wine & spirits to customers.
The job required working with no direct supervision however we were always given the ability the access to company management when problems or questions arose.
Depending on the "season" we worked long days however many of us made good friends with the customers we met.
Great Industry
KEY ACCOUNT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 13, 2015
Fast moving industry with many moving parts. Sometimes too much to keep track of but always keeping you on your toes. Good benefits good pay and aggressive bonus programs. High expectations often overwhelming but ensures job security and never a lack of things to do.
Good job with great people
Club Merchandiser (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2015
This is a good place to work, with great management and co-workers. Advancing is difficult within.
Jobs a job
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: managment and overall unclear understanding of the company
Its a decent company. Good hours and decent pay. Things change faster then management can handle.
Overall a good company but this state is poorly run
Sales (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2014
Pros: training, friendly environment, great industry
Cons: management, compensation
Southern is overall a good company. They offer great training and resources to help you succeed. Indiana however is poorly run by executives that have ego's bigger than the office itself! Morale has been low for a while and it all starts with upper management. All other employees are great and very friendly. I would not recommend working for Southern Indiana until SWS America comes in and cleans house.
Accounts Receivables Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches every month end friday.
Cons: benefits, breaks
Fast pace environment. I've learned to tune out distractions and stay focus. I never had any problem with management. The hardest part is staying until 5:30. Most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of work.
Good job with easy money.
WINE AND SPIRITS SELLER (Former Employee), Metro St. Louis AreaDecember 21, 2014
I would set up a display booth for all the different wines and spirits that I was selling for that day. There was no hard part to the job, and the most enjoyable part was meeting all the different people.
Exciting company to work for.
Merchandising Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2014
Southern gave me the opportunity to be part of an awesome team with a great working environment,
Workplace as a whole
Inside sales/ Customer service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: at times a very fun place to work
Cons: no room for advancement
Great job, met hundreds of new clients during my eight years there. Thought it would have been my lifelong job.
Productive but mis-managed
CERTIFIED SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Syosset, NYNovember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits & coworkers
Cons: time management
The Saleperson performs tasks and goals to build up the Business on there account portfolio. Always working even when your out on your own time. You are building yourself/growth $. Hardest part of the job keeping a balance between getting the job done before 5pm, when many places open at that time. Time Management biggest Obstacle.
Discriminative Management
Chain Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 25, 2014
Management promotion choices are discriminative. Popularity contests and boys club at entry management level are prevalent throughout all divisions and departments making advancement an un-equal opportunity
Productive just some bad warehouse things
Flowter (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 20, 2014
Very productive good people it was just a little hard on the paying side
no longer a great company to work for.
Off Premise Sales Consultant (Current Employee), miami,floridaNovember 19, 2014
Everyday brings new challenges and very little opportunity. everyone in the chain division is under pay for the work they do.
Competative, fast paced environment
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CANovember 15, 2014
Account management, relationship development, administrative skills.
bad management and culture
Territory Chain Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free alcohol once a year at meetings....
Cons: where do i begin...
don't work here, all politics and not real logic for promotions.
long days turned into long nights
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), fife, waOctober 31, 2014
Pros: move up in the company fast
Cons: not really good at training new people
a tyipcal day was to load and unload trucks wit a forklift thats about it.
Your job will be threatened if you don't work for free
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: from time to time alcohol distributors might thank you with a free bottler of wine or spirit.
Cons: you will be forced to work for free.
From time to time you will be forced to work free overtime. You will be forced to work overtime which isn't all that bad but at the end of the week your supervisor will change your time card and falsify your signature because absolutely NO overtime is allowed. If you complain to your supervisor you will be told that there are thousands of people who want your job. The company has been sued multiple times for violating labor laws but their labor law offenses continue.
Fast-paced, adventurous job
On Premise Wine Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 13, 2014
Each day is completely different than the last. Of course I was selling wine on a daily basis, but while also doing so much more. I treat my accounts as if I am running my own business. I never judge an account before entering and I am always closing. Southern Wine and Spirits is a great company to work for. They are very supportive of my individual work and decisions.
Good company to work for if you like being a work horse.
Chain territory manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: monthly incentives to chase $$, good benefits
Cons: back breaking work, micro managed
Overall I liked my management and the benefits the company offered, however in this position we are work horses and seen as free labor to the retailers we sell to. At the end of the day, not worth the day to day back breaking work you have to do for the pay you receive.

1 2 3 4 5

About Southern Wine & Spirits

Southern Wine & Spirits of America, fueled by alcohol,┬ádominates nationwide. The company is one of the┬álargest distributors of – Read more

Southern Wine & Spirits Photos