Southern Wine & Spirits Employee Reviews

Great company with hard working dedicated employees
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Caring, room to grow
Cons: People do not leave, hard to be promoted
Southern offers an understanding and caring culture. Pay is fair and employees really care about the company. One of the best in the market and everyone around you will know.
fun work place
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
fun work place good set of people there always a lot of overtime when the busy season comes around about the end of October till about January.
Relaxing yet fast paced environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2015
Very relaxed work place, managers were willing to develop new strategies to improve their organization. Work schedule was very flexible, coworkers were friendly.
Fun, family oriented company
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Miramar, FLMay 27, 2015
Company invests in their employees and there are multiple opportunities available. Benefits are standard and the job has some perks.
Top Performing District Manager at Southern Wine & Spirits
District Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Selling an amazing product to the most amazing territory.
Cons: SWS is an exceptional company catering to an amazing industry.
Southern Wine & Spirits is the leading distributor of beverage alcohol. By being a customer-focused organization, I’m able to address the needs and expectations of my team members and customers to help exceed monthly quotas. In doing so, I’m able to capitalize on the relationships I have developed to help deliver superior customer service while exceeding the goals set forth by the organization and the suppliers.
Great Job For Someone Who Is Independent and Self Reliant
Chain Territory Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMay 12, 2015
This Job is great for someone who is self motivated and likes to be on the go. With the overseeing of 25-35 accounts (must see 7 a day) you will never run out of things to do and something can always be improved. Constantly meeting new people and interacting with a wide range of personalities. Upper management was always helpful, knowledgeable, and motivating.
A lot of independence and able to job without much direction
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Independence and the ability to control how much salary I could make.
Cons: Management controlling prices and the ability to sell allocated items
I had a daily list of accounts that I was responsible to call on. I would work on merchandising the store, small resets, replenish displays, shelves and cold box. Discuss possible order, introduce new products and follow up on any money that was due. I really enjoyed helping my accounts become successful. The relationships I developed became more than just a business relationship. Many I have still kept in contact after retirement. The distribution of new products sometimes became tedious.
Good place to work and move up
Sales (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 10, 2015
If you are willing to work, learn from your managers and invest in educating yourself you can easily move up in this company
Extreme Labor intensive job
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: terrible management
I am displeased with the company. when I had the interview, the way they described the job was incorrect. claimed there is opportunity to move up in the company within 6 months, they never mentioned that it was only based on Who you know in order to move up. also was informed my days start out between 5-6am.... as time went on they are now forcing me to start at 2:30am.
Unproductive work environment
Driver Helper (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Syosset, NYMay 7, 2015
We sat around all day waiting to be called for a route. Checks were not available when announced and the people were unprofessional.
temp work
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 30, 2015
my time at southern wine and spirits was brief,but the employees there were close and motivated to get the ever coming work done on time and safely.
Job Life out weighed personal life
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free wine samples
Cons: During the holiday season you work everyday in the months of November and December
A typical work day consist of sales, promotion, and merchandising of company products. In my position I have developed skills in inventory management, Industry and market research and, consumer product trends. Management are not or participate as team players. Not having enough resources to preform my jobs responsibilities effectively. Most enjoyable part of the job is succeeding customer expectation.
Left out
Pacific Liquor Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 25, 2015
Pros: Samples
Worked for 14 years, was salesman of the year 3 times and laid off twice. I would not go back until changes are made. Too many office people trying to stop you from selling product
Route delivery driver (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 13, 2015
best place to work in pork county, and i would refer anyone to give it a try, they have greats people in staff. they take care of their workers.
Excellent company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee), Union City, CAApril 1, 2015
IT department is full of outstanding professionals, with an excellent management team and great appreciation for its employees.
Stay away
Driver (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 31, 2015
Pros: 4-10 hour days
Cons: Snitches. Favoritism. Company lies
Stay away.
Not a secure environment.
Lots a favoritism.

Company will lie on write ups

A lot of good jobs and better companies to work for outbthere

Salesmen mess up your cleaning up after their mess. According to SWS salesmen do no wrong. Always drivers fault.
A fun place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 23, 2015
I learned so much about wines. The management team were great. I really enjoyed working there. Also I enjoyed working with my team members. Everyone was always cheerful.
Worst career move of my life.
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: management, work/life balance, they treat you like a dog
Visit various accounts during the day and/or night selling liquor and promotions. For as many good accounts you have, you'll have just as many nasty accounts to deal with.
I love working here
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Tampa, FlMarch 19, 2015
Our department is being relocated, and the company is working on new developmental positions here in Tampa. I plan on staying until I retire if possible
Chain Sales Rep
Chain Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), los angelesMarch 18, 2015
Cons: early hours
It was a very positive experience that opened my eyes into the world of sales. Would recommend for all recent college graduates.