Southern Wine & Spirits Employee Reviews

temp work
Selector/Loader (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 30, 2015
my time at southern wine and spirits was brief,but the employees there were close and motivated to get the ever coming work done on time and safely.
Job Life out weighed personal life
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free wine samples
Cons: During the holiday season you work everyday in the months of November and December
A typical work day consist of sales, promotion, and merchandising of company products. In my position I have developed skills in inventory management, Industry and market research and, consumer product trends. Management are not or participate as team players. Not having enough resources to preform my jobs responsibilities effectively. Most enjoyable part of the job is succeeding customer expectation.
Left out
Pacific Liquor Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 25, 2015
Pros: Samples
Worked for 14 years, was salesman of the year 3 times and laid off twice. I would not go back until changes are made. Too many office people trying to stop you from selling product
Route delivery driver (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 13, 2015
best place to work in pork county, and i would refer anyone to give it a try, they have greats people in staff. they take care of their workers.
Excellent company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee), Union City, CAApril 1, 2015
IT department is full of outstanding professionals, with an excellent management team and great appreciation for its employees.
Stay away
Driver (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 31, 2015
Pros: 4-10 hour days
Cons: Snitches. Favoritism. Company lies
Stay away.
Not a secure environment.
Lots a favoritism.

Company will lie on write ups

A lot of good jobs and better companies to work for outbthere

Salesmen mess up your cleaning up after their mess. According to SWS salesmen do no wrong. Always drivers fault.
A fun place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 23, 2015
I learned so much about wines. The management team were great. I really enjoyed working there. Also I enjoyed working with my team members. Everyone was always cheerful.
Worst career move of my life.
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2015
Pros: none.
Cons: management, work/life balance, they treat you like a dog
Visit various accounts during the day and/or night selling liquor and promotions. For as many good accounts you have, you'll have just as many nasty accounts to deal with.
I love working here
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Tampa, FlMarch 19, 2015
Our department is being relocated, and the company is working on new developmental positions here in Tampa. I plan on staying until I retire if possible
Chain Sales Rep
Chain Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), los angelesMarch 18, 2015
Cons: early hours
It was a very positive experience that opened my eyes into the world of sales. Would recommend for all recent college graduates.
Lots of work, low pay, sorta ok job
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Not very fun anymore with changes to Washington State Law. Compensation has gone away for the most part. Management seems to be disconnected to the reality of the streets.
Energetic environment
Order Puller/Packer (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: no breaks if any
Fast pace environment. Have to pull orders via invoice accurately by numbers and place on conveyor belt. Worked overnight hours so you had to get plenty of rest. Work at steady pace.
Upper Management Needs to be Replaced in WA
Territory Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAMarch 6, 2015
Since the passage of I-1183 in Washington State, the company has been in a continual quandry of how to manage the brands it represents and drive growth and revenue. It continues to re-invent divisions, reduce sales and merchandising staff and force experienced higher salaried reps to leave the company. It seems to be very top heavy with upper management and continues to place a huge burden on the consultants with the amount of work required (sales, merchandising, and admin duties) with negligible pay. If you want a sales job with low compensation and plenty of merchandising than this is the job for you.
Fun people, great managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 6, 2015
awesome job period. management and staff were incredible. which i never quit. company made sure that you were healthy at work and at home. just an outstanding company.
Wild & Fun Marketing Gig
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: i got to travel a lot and attend amazing events with great gifts and bonuses.
Cons: the hours were very taxing and you could get burned out.
This job was a 24 hour job. Depending no the season I would be up early for corporate meetings with my sales team going over products that were highlighted that week or month. I would then make my way to the warehouse and stocked up for my daily and weekly deliveries to numerous bars and restaurants. I would also ride along with each sales person and set up a monthly calendar of promotions for specific brands they wanted to push. I hired promotional models to make appearances at certain events as well as attended about 90% of them late at night so that I could oversee their progress and manage them as a whole.
Steady job with good pay and great benefits
Warehouse / Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 15, 2015
We worked a four day week (Tue-Fri). Depending on the day we followed a designated delivery route for the dispersal of wine & spirits to customers.
The job required working with no direct supervision however we were always given the ability the access to company management when problems or questions arose.
Depending on the "season" we worked long days however many of us made good friends with the customers we met.
Great Industry
KEY ACCOUNT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 13, 2015
Fast moving industry with many moving parts. Sometimes too much to keep track of but always keeping you on your toes. Good benefits good pay and aggressive bonus programs. High expectations often overwhelming but ensures job security and never a lack of things to do.
Good job with great people
Club Merchandiser (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2015
This is a good place to work, with great management and co-workers. Advancing is difficult within.
Jobs a job
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: managment and overall unclear understanding of the company
Its a decent company. Good hours and decent pay. Things change faster then management can handle.
Overall a good company but this state is poorly run
Sales (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2014
Pros: training, friendly environment, great industry
Cons: management, compensation
Southern is overall a good company. They offer great training and resources to help you succeed. Indiana however is poorly run by executives that have ego's bigger than the office itself! Morale has been low for a while and it all starts with upper management. All other employees are great and very friendly. I would not recommend working for Southern Indiana until SWS America comes in and cleans house.