Southern Wine & Spirits

Southern Wine & Spirits Employer Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding
Executive Admin/Account Manager (Current Employee), New MexicoOctober 29, 2013
Pros: fast paced, great pay and benefits
Cons: poor management skills
I currently like my postion. It is a cut throat industry, very fast paced and always striving fro excellence.
Very intense work environment
Chains Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAOctober 21, 2013
You REALLY need to be on your toes to work here. It takes quite a bit of time to advance within.
if your ready to forget about your life this is for you
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Syosset, NYOctober 18, 2013
I was assaulted by a co worker ...called a racial slur...and threatend all within 10 minutes...and i got put on a final warning and later forced to resign due to a conspiracy to get me out their company . don't try to speak up for yourself because you will be putting a target on your back.
What I have learned
Chain Territory Manager (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAOctober 15, 2013
In the year and 1/2 that I have worked for Southern Wine & Spirits I have learned that relationships and trust are the biggest factors in sales.
Going down-hill with new managment
Customer Care (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 4, 2013
Cons: it's all cons
I used to have a good day here. They don't care about us anymore. There are new rules and procedures that roll out seemingly every week.
good
HR Generalist Arizona and New Mexico / Payroll (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2013
good company
Compensation / Benefits

Culture / Values

Job Security / Advancement

Work / Life Balance
Good Hook up front
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), IndianaSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: fun time going out
Cons: pay, hours
Have taken 2 pay cuts in the past 3 years.---------------------------------------------------------------------------.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Good company overall. Needs to work on bottom of the totem pole management and training.
Chain Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee), Calabasas to Palmdale, California.September 17, 2013
Pros: promotes from within. good people. family owned company. great career potential.
Cons: lack of promotability. a lot of management hit the tip of the "peter principle"
Good, friendly and hard working coworkers. Promotes mainly from within but a lack of positions to promote into. Going the extra mile and most extra effort is unrewarded or unnoticed. Sometimes even doing what is required of the job was "not good enough" even when anything else was not possible. Management was usually guiding with the idea of telling – more... us what to do but not how to do it. Overall, The company is something I would recommend to someone, but not at the entry level position I was in. – less
Fair & intersting company with quality products
Territory Manager (on-premise) (Former Employee), IllinoisSeptember 13, 2013
Fair & interesting employer & enjoyed interacting with customers.
Great job at the time when I got my cdl
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: discounted wine and mostly just driving
Cons: good pay, insurance and great customers
Very early days when I made deliveries to stores with very little to waste. Learned a lot about wine and foods just by talking to customers and wine representatives in meetings. Enjoyed the driving mostly and the rushing to cut off times least.
Great company
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2013
Pros: good people to work with..
Great company..Benefits...advancement...
Opportunties
Fun place to work
On-Call Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2013
non stop work pace...very professional environment
hardest party of the job is the long hours...
best job
Order Selector (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long night
i learned how to used the fork lift and a cherry picker and stockin trucks
Great company
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), 17th Ave 826July 29, 2013
Pros: all
In charge of 15 salespersons. District manager enjoyed dealing with clients and making sure they achieve their monthly goals.
Company Sucks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Griffith IndianaJuly 29, 2013
Pros: 3 day weekends
Cons: very stressful, no support
Very stressful job!! From dealing with city type Driving to parking to the wild life in Gary or East Chicago In. always looking for a Handout!! Our freight was always mis-Routed or stacked upside down from our warehouse by Indianapolis!!! They just couldn't figure it out!!
Just as fun as Premire bev
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), MiamiJuly 22, 2013
Pros: all
Loved interacting with customer, also be came a district manager due to the love of the business..Enjoyed helping my area Managers, and out regions Sales force achieve monthly Goals as well as yearly goals...Great company...left due to personal problems..
Overworked and Under paid
Product Returns Processor (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 10, 2013
Pros: close to many restaurants for lunch
Cons: unfair compensation and little to no advancement
On an every day basis, each employee is forced to do the workload of 2 or 3 people without any bonuses or extra pay. To help others every once in awhile is ok but this is every day which makes for a stressful environment for their employees. If this process receives any complaints, then you are not a team player which is documented in your annual review. – more... The management team is unfair and only advance employees if they like them. So if you have rubbed management the wrong way, do not bother filling out for another position. The other employees are great and they are what keep you going throughout the day. The hardest part of the job is being treated unfairly and unfortunately there is nothing enjoyable any more. – less
Wine and Spirits sales representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 9, 2013
Pros: 100% comission
Cons: not allowed to take a vacation 26 weeks out of 52.
responsible for wine and spirit sales to the on and off premise market. Accounts included grocery, c-stores, bars, restaurants, and liquor stores.
Great place for someone with a passion in Wine
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Union City, CAJune 21, 2013
This company is also very big with opportunity to obtain various management roles within the sales division. If you know wine or the alcohol business, you'll have an advantage on your competition. Starting sales positions are usually very competitive and takes a certain attitude to succeed. Offers a diverse crowd.
Good Place to Work with High Job Satisfaction
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJune 20, 2013
Pros: 3 day weekends; 4-10 hour days;
Cons: working multiple 14 hour days in a row;
A typical day at work included being on time for deliveries by taking the best route based on traffic, maintaining a manifest of deliveries with both paper and mobile devices, and collecting payments & return products from customers. The most enjoyable parts of the job were interacting with the customers and feeling a sense of accomplishment at the – more... end of my work. I worked very well with my co-workers at the warehouse, but for the most part this was a 1-man per truck job. I never had any issues with management. – less

About Southern Wine & Spirits

Southern Wine & Spirits of America, fueled by alcohol,┬ádominates nationwide. The company is one of the┬álargest distributors of – Read more

Southern Wine & Spirits Photos