Southern

Southern Employee Reviews

No advancement
SALES AND MARKETING (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCMay 12, 2015
Pros: Family oriented
Cons: No communication with employees. No raises.
This company doses not have room for advancement at all. I haven't learned how to work off of more then one system and at time. I have learned to work in a very fast pace environment.
Dorm Manager
University Housing Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LaMay 1, 2015
Manage the dormitory. Responsible for assigning key, checking and monitoring dorm rooms. I work under the Dorm Supervisor.
Office job
Office Manager (Current Employee), Williamston, SCApril 27, 2015
I open up every morning by get things ready to start the day. As residents call in to pay rent, I document this into a payment book and then into their rental file. My boss and I are the only ones who work in the office.
I keep the books balanced for the end of the month closing. I like my job for the fact that my boss is very flexible.
Challenging and Fun
Inventory Specialist/Monitor Tech (Current Employee), De Kalb, MSApril 6, 2015
A typical day starts with a long drive to work (89 miles one way). Fast paced work environment. Management is very strong at this site. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the new technology on site.
n/a
Eagle Sales and Service (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: a fun job for the young at heart
Cons: Very hectic supply and demand
The day starts out with normal work orders. then around lunch time is where the business picks up. I have learned to stay focused with one job at a time, or if you don't the stress from the work will start to take its toll. Management are typical management. the co-workers become family and even some become that cousin we all have that we don't invite to the Christmas parties.
Worked in secure lock down unit
Arizona VA Health Care System Internship (Former Employee), Tucson, azFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: providing patients with basic living needs and making a difference in individuals living situations
Working with patients who are experiencing job loss, homelessness and are struggling with mental illness. Providing resources to make everyday living comfortable.
Great place to work.
Bartender and Server (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: it was quick paced.
Typical days include taking care of customers needs. Making sure they get their correct order in a timely manner, and ensuring their satisfaction. Everyone was always a joy to work with.
For the most part very good company to work for.
Budget Analyst (Current Employee), GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: for the most part nice people to work with
Cons: low payscale
For the most part a good place to work.

Older management needs to realize that things have changed over the last 40 years.
Sales/parts
RV Sales and Service (Former Employee), Richmond VAJanuary 8, 2015
worked in sales and parts dept. Helped maintain the parts dept and helped customers with their rv needs
SBAI is a great place to work, however the company is lacking with keeping up with technology trends.
Benefit Administrator (Current Employee), Goodlettsville, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: family values
Cons: antiquated technology and limited it staff
Overall SBAI is a good place to work. The company is small which fosters a “Family” environment. While this setting can be advantageous, it also comes with assuming responsibilities which take away from applying quality technical solutions. My background is primarily with Mainframe systems, however I have been able to apply my general knowledge go coding and now a highly competent PLB programmer. I have a very positive relationship with my management and given that I am the sole developer supporting the Pension/Retirement/Annuity development and maintenance I have gained their confidence to meet their business needs. While being the sole developer of an area comes with pride and ownership, on the flip side this position requires that I provide solutions that solve the immediate problem rather than develop a repeatable process that would allow for more efficient and cost effective future modifications for the company. This concept conflicts with my development standards to deliver high quality reusable code.
This is a summer job for the festivals lots of fun
Style Catering Services Lead Cashier/Payroll Clerk (Current Employee), Madison WisconsinAugust 18, 2014
Pros: lots of fun
Cons: there are no cons.
We do all the festivals Taste of Madison. La Fete D Marquet, Wiily ST festival blues festival. I serve food and take the payments and also do the payroll at the end of the festivals
Southern Company
Asp.net c# web developer (Former Employee), AtlantaAugust 5, 2014
A great company where I was constantly growing my skill set.
Budweiser Beer Deliver Driver
Eagle Sales and Services (Current Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: long hours, commission
Good job, with steady work with an average 10 to 15 hours a day depending on what route a driver has. This job has the potential to make good money, The down fall of it is, how much you deliver/commission. The way it works is your sales rep. sells the product and the driver deliver it with a percentage earned. some drivers earn money based on how much they sell, Most holidays are worked because everyone is drinking beer, being an athlete is almost necessary you have to be in top physical shape. this job is good for a young individual.
Exciting research
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 14, 2014
Lots of interesting research happening all the time. Beware of projects funded by the government because Congress can cancel it at a whim without understanding the consequences.
Great Place to work
Arizona Director of Sales (Former Employee), Southern ArizonaFebruary 25, 2014
Loved everything about Citi. Business is strong and continuing to grow
Provided traininb development, presentations and developed Computer Based tRAINING
Nuclear Instructor (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: emerging technology
provided instruction, CBT development and managed Learning Management System (NANTeL)
Southern Systems Inc. is a great conveyor company based out of Memphis, TN.
Superintendent (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2014
Southern Systems Inc. is a great conveyor company based out of Memphis, TN. The tasks at hand involve the fabrication and installation of conveyor systems, which present new challenges everyday. The challenges make you ingenuitive, and allow you to prevent problems before they occur. What I enjoy most about this job is seeing all your hard work come to fluistion
very productive emplotment
Millwright (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: regular breaks
This was a nice job. Everything was great .Good tools and good people to work with.
Southern Union is a great place to work. The people are friendly and work well together. If I had the chance I would love to work there again.
Health Science Admission Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee), Opelika, AL.January 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits with room for growth
Cons: the job i had was temporary
• Process application for Nurses, EMT, AEMT, Therapeutics Massage, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Radiography Technicians, Surgical Technicians, Wellness and fitness program etc.
• Worked with AS400, copy machine, fax machine and multiline telephone
• Calculate GPA
• Give reports on the number of students admitted and not admitted
• Advise students
• Help with registration
• Information Session (Power point presentation)
• Make spreadsheets for mail merge
• Send out accept letter and regret letters
• Make sure enough students for each program
Productive work enviroment, great environment
Marine Sales and Service (Current Employee), Ocala. FlDecember 14, 2013
Great work environment, easy to get along with management.

1 2 3