SouthernCare, Inc Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work atmosphere with friendly co-workers & great supervisors.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 6, 2015
Typical day : Verify Medicare/Medicaid/Commercial Insurance for hospice referrals in 8 states, obtain authorization for admissions, enter data into computer & on spreadsheets, send out itemized billing statements, enter MSP info on Mcr claims, etc.

I learned everything I know about insurance, precerts & recerts, Medicaid Managed Care, itemized billing statements for secondary payors, Medicare MSP files, etc.

The hardest part of the job was telling a clinical director that a patients insurance would not cover hospice or that a case manager had refused to authorize a patient for hospice services.
Wonderful job for high functioning nurses with great critical thinking skills
RN (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 5, 2015
SouthernCare Huntsville is a great place to work with a wonderful team. Hospice is a tough job, definitely requiring high caliber nurses who function well independently. It's not for the faint of heart, not for the inexperienced nurse....reading through some of the reviews, I feel that some bad experiences might be due to inexperienced nurses getting in over their heads. No amount of orientation can teach you what you need to know to do this job...you either have "it" or you don't. The weeds usually pull themselves and the more high functioning nurses tend to be hooked on hospice for the rest of their careers. That being said - the rewards of caring for hospice patients make it worth the journey for those of us who do this job.
Pros
great team, great company
Cons
fast-paced, ever-changing environment, not for the inexperienced nurse
Good working relationships
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle BeachJune 23, 2014
I felt there was no consistency from my immediate supervisors--I have heard that since I left, one of the supervisors has also left the company and the other is now a case manager, which
Na
Benefits Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 16, 2014
SunGard is a good company to work for with great benefits and salary. I enjoyed my time with them.
Southercare has a very good mission and vision statement.
Local Administator/Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Director of Nursing/Administrator of HospiceApril 2, 2014
Admitting patients, writing orders, billing for services with Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Profit and loss statements, Staff education, Ordering supplies, DME, Medications, Taking call for all concerns, assist other resouces of billing to us. Developing good working relationships with other resources, scheduling of staff, Hiring and discipline actions when needed. Managing operations of the entire office.
Regional Management is morally unethical
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2014
Their requirements are not the same as agreed upon when your hired. They change the rules and if your unable to meet their demands, ie; on call 24/7, when that clearly is not what one would agree to, you are fired.
Pros
medical benefits are decent
Cons
expectations turn into more than agreed upon hire
Excellent Hospice company, with set values & exceptional policy & procesures
Regional Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 8, 2013
Long work days, low on pay scale, learned management skills, HR skills, being fair to co-workers and employees. Hardest part of the job is the long hours, and sometimes unrelenting expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting great people with various skill sets.
Pros
flexibilty, organized company
Cons
salary low compared to similar postions in area, expensive benefits
na
Community Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston,SCAugust 11, 2013
Large Corp company that specializes in Hospice Care. The hardest, yet most rewarding part of the job is dealing with patients and their families at end of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SouthernCare, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9