SOUTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

A fun learning enviroment
Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 2, 2016
Great working environment, with a welcoming atmosphere. Management adheres to staff's needs and listens to what staff feels is important when it comes to supporting children learning. There are continuous learning opportunities and support from the administrators. The job is not hard if you love learning and children.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
the pay
Great place
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time as a paraprofessional when I worked for Southfield Public Schools some years ago. The teachers were great and I enjoyed working with my students. If I had the opportunity to apply for a teacher position with them I would return.
I would work with the company
Substitute Secretary (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 12, 2016
Great temporary work. Awesome coworkers. Great opportunity to work with students. Great managers that care about their employees. Great training provided
Enjoyable place to work
Payroll Secretary - Utilized Bi-Tech (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 10, 2016
A very busy office with lots of interruptions, students, parents, teachers, phone, which made the day go so fast. Lots of love and laughter at this job.
Satisfactory educational work environment
ELA Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MichiganDecember 29, 2015
I have been in this building my whole career in Southfield. It is like a family.

I work hard with students and always seek to get parents involved with their child's education on a consistent basis.
Pros
Excellent staff
Southfield Public Schools
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to work and the job was magnificent and the only reason why I am not there now is because southfield public schools privatize there security.
Southfield Public Schools is a productive place to work.
Professional Development Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 7, 2015
I spend my day visiting schools and working with teachers. This year we adopted a new reading series. I work with grade level teams to help them understand the series. I give them strategies of the best way to implement it. I received a great deal of professional development myself on this new series. It is totally Common Core Aligned. I manage my time to be sure it is equitable between the seven buildings I serve. I have a great rapport with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is when teachers finally understand a concept that they were struggling with. The hardest part of the job is telling teachers I can't see them for a few days because I am scheduled at other schools.
Productive, positive and rewarding place to work.
Substitute Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield Regional Campus, Evergreen Rd.December 13, 2011
In the 8 years that I experienced spent working for Southfield Public Schools allowed me to see how a school system operated in terms of the responsibility of educating children. It demonstrated the constant importance of a learning, giving, sharing and caring experience. Just to be able to have a hand in the process of assisting with the education of young people was a reward for me. Each year was a year of growth to be able to see the achievements of the school itself and the childrens' accomplishments. Working for
Southfield Public Schools put a sense of satisfaction and gratitude in my everyday working experience.
Pros
interaction with students, aiding with education.
Cons
the process of lay-offs each year.
I worked the Southfield school system for 28 years,
Chauffeur (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 19, 2012
i enjoyed driving kids to school and back home .i enjoyed the field trips I also enjoyed working in school buildings...Replacing wall plugs,Maintaining the hall ways and the class rooms. . Kept the lights working.I learned to be kind and courteous learned how tio deal with children from the ages of 6 to 18 I liked my manager..I got along well with my co- workers. .. the hardest part of this job was children that did not know where they lived.We made a special call tp base and found out the address. the most enjoyable part of the job was taking the children to field trips...
Good people, friendly work envronment.
Site Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 29, 2013
A typical day at work could consist of troubleshooting and resolving computer/network problems throughout the district, working with and training staff members/end-users in all areas of technology, setting up and maintaining computer/iPads and all IT related hardware and software as well as audio visual equipment district wide.

I learned an immense amount about working as a team member in the Information Technology department. This includes working with hardware, software and working closely with hundreds of district staff members on a regular basis.

Management and co-workers were easy to work with and made coming to work an enjoyable routine.

The hardest part of IT work is handling emergencies which come up from time to time. However, over the years I/we became very good at quickly dealing with and resolving unforeseen or emergency situations to the point that it became an enjoyable part of the job.

I think the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to solve problems and provide solutions for the many people I served in the district. I had great relationships with my many fellow district staff members and seeing them pleased, relieved and made happy by my efforts was rewarding.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
District layoffs due to state budget cuts.
Fun workplace with enjoyable experiences
Cameraman (Former Employee) –  Southfield,MIAugust 1, 2015
My job was to go to different schools and record there school play for the Southfield public schools channel. Also I did in school recording in our studio.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
only could work so many hours
Productive and fun workplace.
Payroll Secretary (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 24, 2011
Enjoy my work every day. Learn on the Job training. went to CEU classes to stay ahead and work efficiently.
Pros
26 years of growing
Cons
This is a place of business that required impeccable organization skills and the ability to keep confidential infomation confidential.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 10, 2013
This was an amazing place to work as it afforded the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of tomorrow's leaders... the students!
Positive Workplace
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 15, 2014
I was a student teacher in one of the K- 8 schools and I worked with an awesome teacher. Every morning, the principal and school social worker gave an encouraging morning message along with important announcements. The environment at this particular school was family orientated and the students were comfortable. Unlike many schools that I have been in, learning took place everywhere and it wasn't uncommon to see students reading in lawn chairs in the hallway. The principal spoke to children in a calming manner and contributed to making learning fun for the students. The principal provided her teachers with numerous workshops that I was very fortunate to attend. She was also very supportive of her teachers and the PTA. Because I attended so many workshops, I learned a great deal of information that my other peers were not exposed to. The most enjoyable part about student- teaching at this school was watching how a school created an environment that was conducive to learning, but also a second home for the students. The hardest part of this job was integrating the IB curriculum into almost every subject that was taught. In addition to attending workshops and teaching the required curriculum, teachers were also required to teach a theme related to the international curriculum as well.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
IB Curriculum and too many workshops
Unique Work Experience
Instructor/Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 24, 2014
I have had a very unique work experience in Southfield Public Schools. I started as a classroom teacher and began a work based training program for students 18-26.
Productive workplace for students
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIMarch 27, 2012
I was a prep cook for the majority of the time I worked for this specific company. However, during the duration of working as a prep cook I did serve at times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unhealthy food
Nice place to work
Guardian Security Services (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 25, 2013
Ensure the safety of students, staff, and faculty while implementing that all code of conduct regulations are being enforced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOUTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3