Southgate Health Care Center Employee Reviews

HELL ON WHEELS SINCE NEW MANAGEMENT TOOK OVER!!!
Cna (Former Employee), Carneys pointMarch 12, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: looking elsewhere
This Job is good for a cna or a nurse fresh out of school.. you won't make any money unless you are in management.... Oh and if you're looking for raises look no more because they don't give them... They are short staffed all the time and during the winter months if you can't make it in because the roads are bad... You are told you may loose your job..
Don't work here.
LPN (Former Employee), Carneys point,NJJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: not working here.
Cons: working here.
These people feel it is ok to give you 50-60 patients with 20-30 tube feedings, 20 accu checks and expect you to document on over half of the patients all in a 8 hours shift. If you work over that, that is on your own time because they don't pay you any over an 8 hour shift. This is a dangerous job and will have your license in jeopardy. It might be fun for the cna's but it is not for the nurses. Management does not stand up for you. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.
FUN FUN FUN WORK PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
cna (Former Employee), Carneys Point, NJMay 20, 2013
Pros: they always looked out for the cna's . free uniform once a year
Cons: none really
I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING AT SOUTHGATE IT WAS MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME ALL THE OVERTIME YOU WANTED
Excellent environment
LPN (Current Employee), Carneys Point, NJDecember 17, 2012
Pros: management truly cared about its workers
Cons: did not offer extended work hours
My typical day at Southgate consists of my hands on caring for my residents who I love dearly.

I truly loved my position at Southgate. I found each and every day very rewarding. I

Loved my residents and enjoyed the challenges each day brought.

I am heartbroken that Southgate is now owned by a new management and can not keep all of its employees.

I Enjoyed working with my coworkers, as we became a family,we worked as a team.

The hardest part of my job was the loss of a resident, since I truly bonded with each and everyone.

I've learned so much at this job and am happy to have been part of Southgate.