Southgate Health Care Center Employee Reviews

I wish we did not have to give them any stars
Disposable Employee (Former Employee) –  Carneys PointJuly 29, 2015
I did not intend on giving them any stars but it was my only option. Absolutely no raises or what they considered incidental overtime. South Gate = Healthcare prison/the Kraby Patty. Turn over rate is high, they are always in need of staff and that says enough right there. I would not be surprised if they did not write their own 4 star review on Indeed. If you want to take risks with your certifications or licenses, apply here. The only pro is that the facility is fairly clean
Pros
You will get a check even if it is wrong
Cons
BEWARE
Hell on wheels since new management took over!!!
Cna (Former Employee) –  Carneys pointMarch 12, 2014
This Job is good for a cna or a nurse fresh out of school.. you won't make any money unless you are in management.... Oh and if you're looking for raises look no more because they don't give them... They are short staffed all the time and during the winter months if you can't make it in because the roads are bad... You are told you may loose your job..
Pros
There are none
Cons
Looking elsewhere
Don't work here.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Carneys point,NJJanuary 30, 2014
These people feel it is ok to give you 50-60 patients with 20-30 tube feedings, 20 accu checks and expect you to document on over half of the patients all in a 8 hours shift. If you work over that, that is on your own time because they don't pay you any over an 8 hour shift. This is a dangerous job and will have your license in jeopardy. It might be fun for the cna's but it is not for the nurses. Management does not stand up for you. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.
Pros
not working here.
Cons
working here.
Fun fun fun work place!!!!!!!!!!!!
cna (Former Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJMay 20, 2013
I really enjoyed working at southgate it was my home away from home all the overtime you wanted
Pros
They always looked out for the cna's . free uniform once a year
Cons
none really
Excellent environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Carneys Point, NJDecember 17, 2012
My typical day at Southgate consists of my hands on caring for my residents who I love dearly.

I truly loved my position at Southgate. I found each and every day very rewarding. I

Loved my residents and enjoyed the challenges each day brought.

I am heartbroken that Southgate is now owned by a new management and can not keep all of its employees.

I Enjoyed working with my coworkers, as we became a family,we worked as a team.

The hardest part of my job was the loss of a resident, since I truly bonded with each and everyone.

I've learned so much at this job and am happy to have been part of Southgate.
Pros
management truly cared about its workers
Cons
did not offer extended work hours

2.7