Southland

Southland Employer Reviews

ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: learning life
learned how to cook and grow as a person. everyone should take basic training just to know how you are as a person. the best choice I ever did in my life
Gas Station
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 2, 2015
I loved my time with 7-11 I will always remember my customers and enjoyed going to work everyday. I loved interacting with everyone and would love to go back anytime.
tough company to work for
District Manager (Current Employee), VA, MD, DCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: company car
Cons: work life balance/ lack of advancement/ salary/ culture
-They have an OK benefits package that you are eligible for after 1 yr. of service. 401K, company car, laptop, etc.
- Once you negotiate salary, the annual increases are a joke. They lure you in with bonus potentials but year after year they increase metrics and make it more difficult to obtain. Your budget determines your bonuses and they are almost impossible to meet, even if you are a strong performer yielding double digit increases. When you do finally make bonus, you realize that they give you pennies compared to the millions you make them.
- Management doesn't care about you, your family, your needs, and wont respect your time off, including vacation.
- Vacation allotment is not great. 2 weeks until you work there for 5+ years. They wont negotiate this either.
- Poor company culture with high turnover at DM position and above.
- Franchisees hate 7-Eleven and it's a constant battle to get them to perform. Company does a terrible job at screening the franchisees and you get stuck with all of the operational issues and overall lack of performance.
- You have limited support in your role and you are the primary contact for both HQ and Franchisees. Everything goes through you, EVERYTHING.
See previous Southland employment history
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gloucester, VAJanuary 19, 2015
See previous Southland employment history nothing else can really be said on the subject
productive, but terrible management staff
CSR (Former Employee), DallasJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: wonderful offices
Cons: bad management
Learned Oracle temporarily, did all data entry. Left this company because of management that wouldn't follow their own rules.
workig with the public
Manager (Former Employee), south side of ChicagoDecember 15, 2014
Managing a 7-eleven store was an experience i will never forget. The
customers during the daytime hours were great. At night time it was a total different animal.
A busy place to make me happy everyday.
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Berkeley, CANovember 28, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction to make me happy.
Cons: working 12 hours a day.
Talk with the peaple and create nes sales for the store.
Improve productivity and eliminate extra overhead.
try to make the customer happy when they leave the
store.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Port Orange, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: overall great place to work
Excellent place to work, was placed as a manager of the business and ran the company for the owners.
productive and fun
customer service (Former Employee), Lakeside, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: working with public
Cons: lack of pay
I was working customer service for a 7-11 store. I exchanged monies, received stock, took inventory, and managed the store during mid-nite shifts.
good experience - allow me to start in the professional business
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 27, 2014
Challenge to manage ethical issues, but great opportunity to learn and demonstrate capabilities to grow.
This was a great place to work, the clients were very pleasant.
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Answer phones, input personal & coprarate Tax Returns, input employee timesheets & expenses. I learned how to multi-task on a daily basis. The management was very professional, yet flexible. My coworkers all came from different areas of the Metroplitan area, which allotted me a vast knowledge of the surounding areas. The hardest part of the job was being bonded from October to April for tax season. The most enjoyable part of the job was the End of Tax Season Celebration, everyone was able to relax and enjoy all of our efforts throughout the official Tax Season.
Very friendly enviornment
Cook/Dietary aid (Current Employee), Peachtree city GAAugust 4, 2014
Wonderful place.
Awesome typically day
I have learned to be the best me I can be
Hardworkers Only
Senior Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAJuly 30, 2014
Typical week involves working 14 hour days with long driving requirements and delivery of merchandise.
it was a great place tp learn the basics of cash handling and customer service.
Cashier/ Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJune 20, 2014
Pros: it was a wonderful learning experience.
Cons: nights weekends and holidays that are required.
I provided great customer service. I learned all aspects of auditing cash drawers and resolving discrepancies. I learned all aspects of bookkeeping including Ap and ar. I love working with the public and meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was the required hours i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays.
Entry level job
Merchandising (Former Employee), Laurel, MDMay 2, 2014
Pros: meeting people and talking to them about the products
Cons: some are very tough to talk to
Typical work day is includes managing the backroom by arranging and consolidating back stock ; identifying, monitoring, and reporting backstock inventory levels; evaluating and processing
Training are very limited
The management are good in giving on on the job training
The co-workers are very supportive with the training
This is on the job training
The most enjoyable part is going from store to store; taking inventory
Great boss
Regional Advertising Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2014
I set up radio contest in six states during my tenure.
Including a car give away to promoted traffic for the Daytona race.
great company in the begining
General Manager/District Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 13, 2014
Pros: customer service training was wonderful
Cons: soon the company grew to fast and forgot of customer serivce you became a number such a shame
started as a MIT moved on to manager went on to district mgr in training , also was working with my courier company , in the end the courier company took to much of my time so i had to leave to keep in growing
Crazy place to work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMarch 16, 2014
Met many people each day and it was fun to work with them. They would work you like a dog sometimes.
Great company to start customer service career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Great company to start customer service career and learn how to deal with people on a daily basis.
Responsible for sales, profit and overall operation of 133 7-Eleven franchised stores in N. MD.
Zone Manager 7-Eleven Stores (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: significant time to work without direct supervision.
Cons: unrealistic expectations as to annual increases in sales and profits.
As a zone manager I had to balance many expectations, including visiting franchisees at their stores, counseling subordinates regarding work performance, attending community or zoning board meetings, attending management update meetings or reviewing financial performance reports.

The hardest part of the job was advising franchisees as to how to increase the value of their business, especially when they thought they already knew it all.

The most enjoyable part was watching the development of one of my employees, to the point of him/her being promoted.

1 2 3