Southside Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

ESS a wholly-owned subsidiary of CHS does not operate in unison with CHS
FOrmer CSM (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 11, 2016
Eligibility Screening Service LLC is the lowest common denominator in the Medicaid eligibility business. After nearly 8 years in business there are no SOP across regions, archaic reporting systems where managers should always have a tablet, calculator and pencil when performing trend reports. Directors lack the knowledge to lead their teams. Punitive environment where trickle down ignorance is encouraged from senior directors and Hr director. Very high turnover from management to onsite teams. No such thing as 75 percent travel - when the directors bark, you move to the tune of 100 per cent travel.
Pros
The ability to hire promising staff
Cons
Experiencing promising staff feeling overwhelmed and leaving
Southside Regional Medical Cnter Experience
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 6, 2016
Ensuring that medical staff and patients of the hospital are safe and secure. Security rounds of the interior and exterior of the facility. Assisting law enforcement officers bringing in mentally ill individuals that may become combative.
Phlebotomy
Student Phlebotomist (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Out patient labOctober 12, 2015
This externship was great. My fellow co-workers who oversaw my externship were very patient, kind, and very experienced. They helped ease my transition from a school setting to a professional setting. During this time I was responsible for patient care before, during, and after the collection of the specimen. Complying with hospital and national safety protocol and procedure.
Busy, Unpleasant ,
Patient Service Representative/Registration/Triage (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 22, 2015
Doctors office atmosphere. No support from management. All about how many patients could be seen in a day, and not about the kind of care the patients were receiving,
To much gossip from management about other employees.
The feeling of tension in the air from all co-workers, no body was happy with how things were run,
None of the offices worked as a TEAM to help each other out,

I have done customer service my entire career , and never in my life have I ever given a poor review. However even today i could go and see on ex co-worker and they would tell me that nothing has changed and that it is still the same.
Cons
Co-workers made coming to work worth it.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 4, 2015
Enjoyed doing my job. Worked with a remarkable group of women!! Management were unprofessional and did not value their hard working employees.
Pros
Helping patients and families.
Cons
No loyalty to employees from management.
Great place to learn!
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 16, 2015
I was a volunteer there on the medics and I learned so much. Thanks to the great paramedics that I worked with! I seen and experienced a lot and it helped me grow and mold me into the person I am today.
Fast paced cardiac cath lab
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJuly 29, 2015
Busy cath lab with awesome nurses and rad techs with the willingness of nurses as well as techs to teach new procedures and explain risks and benefits to both new employees and patients, great team work and team building environment, great management and open door policies
Potential for Growth
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 31, 2015
Acute care environment. Medical Surgical, great learning/teaching atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning. It was my first job out of nursing school, and I was blessed to have worked with a lot of seasoned nurses who were as eager to teach as I was to learn. I learned a lot about team work, dedication, and drive as a nurse. It was a great experience. The hardest part of the job for me wasn't so much the job itself, but the balance. At the time I was a new nurse and a new mom, and being there long hours took a lot of time away from that.However, I am thankful for that experience and the opportunity there, working under the management and coworkers I worked alongside definitely taught me a lot.
Pros
Continued Learning, Teamwork, Potential for growth
Cons
Sometimes No breaks, short breaks, and long hours
I have been Privileged to work at SRMC for almost 10 years
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAApril 28, 2015
I would stay until I retire but our Business Office is closing and becoming a central office in PA.
I have learend so much at SRMC I love the people in the comunity that we service. Being able to do so many different things within our office gave me great people skills and also a lot of understanding on insurance and how a Hospital runs. I was promoted in 2012 to Contract Manager and I take my Job very serious.
The most enjoyable part of being at SRMC is the people, being able to laugh everyday. The hardest part is having to leave my SRMC family, but i am ready to start a new chapter in my life..
Pros
flex time : Mon - Thurs 7-5 and 7-9am Friday
Cons
no dress down days
rewarding job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 14, 2015
This is a fun place to work with great staff members. A typical day of work is fast paced. One is able to learn as much as they are willing to put into the position and will get support from management.
It was good place to work.
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 25, 2015
It was a good job and good people to work with. We worked as a team and that made the day go by quickly.I made some friends that I hope I will stay in touch with.
Work environment was casual
Collections Team Lead/Patient Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAApril 30, 2015
Southside Regional had a good work environment. The employees were recognized by their peers for jobs well done. However the pay could have been better if an employee had been loyal to stay for over 5 years which this hospital had a lot of.
Pros
Employees recognized for job well done by peers
Relaxing Staff Rooms
Telemetry Surveillance Unit Clerk/Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 21, 2015
Constant telemetry recordings of cardiac-cath patients. I learned how to handle diverse situations involving staff and family members.
Management always preparing in-service classes for staff. Staff always ready to help with any assignment. Hardest part of job was changing shifts such chaos. The most enjoyable part of the job is saving lives.
Pros
client rapport
Cons
excessive change of clients
Great place to start off in
Technician (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 8, 2015
Southside Regional is a great place to work if you plan on staying in the area or never plan on leaving the community. The place itself is nice and full of wonderful patients. The pay and benefits are just enough to get by and advancement for job skills especially in other areas outside of nursing are non-existent. There are a great deal of people who wear many big hats but not enough attention is paid to the little people who hold them up.
Pros
patients, cleanliness
Cons
benefits, pay, lack of advancement
Excellent company
Charge Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 28, 2015
Just obtained RN Great training experience. Great staff to work with. Learned skills that would be needed for the rest of my career as a nurse. Excellent doctors. Always felt the upper levels of management were there to support you and you were always able to call them when you needed them. Unit Director worked side by side with you not in a office all the time. I miss this job.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
nothing
Hoping to get a new start another level. A new challenge is always good
Registered Phelbotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 6, 2014
Most days start with preparing cart for equipment, then pulling work logs, to ensure everything is prepared for the evening. Check assignment. Speak with co-workers about any problems, then go to work. Later check email. The best part of my job is the patients, bue to some do not get visitors and to approach then with a smile and concern about their day, they seem to appreciate that. If I can make someone happy and give encouragement about whatever is their health issues then I have accomplished something. My wanting to seek employment at this time, is my feeling to have some new challenges and change atmosphere with the potential to learn new things
Pros
learn and take on new challenge
Cons
new environment
On your feet all day hot and tired.
Engneer 3 (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 16, 2014
Coming into work all the work loads come in at one time and at the last moment. I have learned how to have patience with what I do so that I can get it done right. Management there was very poor. It was poor because they never fallowed through on anything. The co-workers there were a bunch of hard working guys. Hardest part of the job would be working in a 150 degree room for 8 hours. Coming home would have been the best part of my job.
Pros
benifits
Cons
hot. hard work. and overlaod of work for one person.
good team work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  petersburgh VA USAAugust 8, 2014
as I was urology[queen] I was with the same two Dr,s all week so I had a good routine.there is always something to learn new every day.
the hardest part of the job is the call and hours have to work, but we do it for the patients.when you get a thank you or good job from your coworkers. I can do most surgeries and able to work most equipment.
Pros
always learning new things
Nursing
Medical Surgical and Pediatrics Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 25, 2014
· Implement total client care through a team nursing process covering 5-6 high acuity clients per shift
· Act as client advocate; assess client status and notifying physicians of clinical changes
· Coordinate services, treatments and consultations using iMed computer system
· Skills that have been used are as follows: PEG tubes, biliary tubes, tracheostomies, ostomies, catheters (foley), hospice care, reporting suspected child abuse and post-op pediatric surgical procedures
Fast Pace
ED Registrar (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 23, 2013
I have worked here for about a year in the emergency department here it was the most fast paced place I probably ever worked at. It was enjoyable yet tiring. Being on youre feet all day basically what seemed like you were running around like a chicken with youre head cut off. We were always short staffed and the management only seemed to care about collecting money and everything we were doing wrong. Our department was the only department in the hospital with the most turn overs. No one seemed to want to stay. It wasnt because of the work but the work load. I seen many coworkers leave from exhaustion and being burnout yet management would not care not one bit.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management, breaks, work load

2.7