Southside Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Work Day
Registered Nurse-Patient Flow Coordinator PRN (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VA 23805April 15, 2017
A typical day includes sign off/on report with previous shift, including the upcoming needs of the day and plan. From there if there is a shift then collaboration of team members involved.
Management has improved and our new CNO has expectations of teamwork.
There are the usual obstacles with some employees not wanting to participate with the collaborative measures of the group.
The hardest part of my experience in my position is having the correct numbers I need to equally disperse patient volume, but this gets worked out eventually.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people I have known for years and feeling that we are some what part of a "Family".
Pros
Time off is manageable. As a patient using our hospital the bill is minimal.
Cons
The same as any other hospital, sometimes staffing is short, usually gets worked out though.
labor and delivery
Staff Nurse Labor and Delivery; (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 31, 2017
best place i ever worked, staff worked together better than any other hospital. CEO knew everyone and their family. nurse manager willing to step in and work floor
Pros
great work evironment
Cons
at that time wanted 12 hour shifts and they weren't offering
Fast-paced
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 25, 2017
As a Secretary/Receptionist, time went by quickly. The hardest part of the job was with days of over scheduling of patients. Loved the fast paced position.
Pros
Good benefits
Good Benefits, Work Culture
Central Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 27, 2016
Company offers good benefits package. Growth potential is very limited for most positions; however, this is typical in the healthcare field.
Great Facility
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAOctober 18, 2016
This is a newer hospital facility with a great Endoscopy Department. The equipment used is state of the art. It was my pleasure to work at this hospital.
Southside Regional Medical Cnter Experience
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 6, 2016
Ensuring that medical staff and patients of the hospital are safe and secure. Security rounds of the interior and exterior of the facility. Assisting law enforcement officers bringing in mentally ill individuals that may become combative.
ESS a wholly-owned subsidiary of CHS does not operate in unison with CHS
FOrmer CSM (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 11, 2016
Eligibility Screening Service LLC is the lowest common denominator in the Medicaid eligibility business. After nearly 8 years in business there are no SOP across regions, archaic reporting systems where managers should always have a tablet, calculator and pencil when performing trend reports. Directors lack the knowledge to lead their teams. Punitive environment where trickle down ignorance is encouraged from senior directors and Hr director. Very high turnover from management to onsite teams. No such thing as 75 percent travel - when the directors bark, you move to the tune of 100 per cent travel.
Pros
The ability to hire promising staff
Cons
Experiencing promising staff feeling overwhelmed and leaving
great fun and felt I was helping people
Director Case Management (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJanuary 11, 2016
I applied marketing skills for the complex case program as well as went to multiple hospitals across the state of Virginia to assess if the patient would be a good fit for the program. At Kindred, I performed dual roles, case management director and admission review nurse to ensure the patient met clinical criteria for an LTACH setting.
Great place to learn!
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 16, 2015
I was a volunteer there on the medics and I learned so much. Thanks to the great paramedics that I worked with! I seen and experienced a lot and it helped me grow and mold me into the person I am today.
Co-workers made coming to work worth it.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VANovember 4, 2015
Enjoyed doing my job. Worked with a remarkable group of women!! Management were unprofessional and did not value their hard working employees.
Pros
Helping patients and families.
Cons
No loyalty to employees from management.

Want to know more about Southside Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Phlebotomy
Student Phlebotomist (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Out patient labOctober 12, 2015
This externship was great. My fellow co-workers who oversaw my externship were very patient, kind, and very experienced. They helped ease my transition from a school setting to a professional setting. During this time I was responsible for patient care before, during, and after the collection of the specimen. Complying with hospital and national safety protocol and procedure.
Busy, Unpleasant ,
Patient Service Representative/Registration/Triage (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VASeptember 22, 2015
Doctors office atmosphere. No support from management. All about how many patients could be seen in a day, and not about the kind of care the patients were receiving,
To much gossip from management about other employees.
The feeling of tension in the air from all co-workers, no body was happy with how things were run,
None of the offices worked as a TEAM to help each other out,

I have done customer service my entire career , and never in my life have I ever given a poor review. However even today i could go and see on ex co-worker and they would tell me that nothing has changed and that it is still the same.
Cons
It was good place to work.
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 25, 2015
It was a good job and good people to work with. We worked as a team and that made the day go by quickly.I made some friends that I hope I will stay in touch with.
rewarding job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 14, 2015
This is a fun place to work with great staff members. A typical day of work is fast paced. One is able to learn as much as they are willing to put into the position and will get support from management.
Fast paced cardiac cath lab
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJuly 29, 2015
Busy cath lab with awesome nurses and rad techs with the willingness of nurses as well as techs to teach new procedures and explain risks and benefits to both new employees and patients, great team work and team building environment, great management and open door policies
Potential for Growth
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 31, 2015
Acute care environment. Medical Surgical, great learning/teaching atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning. It was my first job out of nursing school, and I was blessed to have worked with a lot of seasoned nurses who were as eager to teach as I was to learn. I learned a lot about team work, dedication, and drive as a nurse. It was a great experience. The hardest part of the job for me wasn't so much the job itself, but the balance. At the time I was a new nurse and a new mom, and being there long hours took a lot of time away from that.However, I am thankful for that experience and the opportunity there, working under the management and coworkers I worked alongside definitely taught me a lot.
Pros
Continued Learning, Teamwork, Potential for growth
Cons
Sometimes No breaks, short breaks, and long hours
Work environment was casual
Collections Team Lead/Patient Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAApril 30, 2015
Southside Regional had a good work environment. The employees were recognized by their peers for jobs well done. However the pay could have been better if an employee had been loyal to stay for over 5 years which this hospital had a lot of.
Pros
Employees recognized for job well done by peers
I have been Privileged to work at SRMC for almost 10 years
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAApril 28, 2015
I would stay until I retire but our Business Office is closing and becoming a central office in PA.
I have learend so much at SRMC I love the people in the comunity that we service. Being able to do so many different things within our office gave me great people skills and also a lot of understanding on insurance and how a Hospital runs. I was promoted in 2012 to Contract Manager and I take my Job very serious.
The most enjoyable part of being at SRMC is the people, being able to laugh everyday. The hardest part is having to leave my SRMC family, but i am ready to start a new chapter in my life..
Pros
flex time : Mon - Thurs 7-5 and 7-9am Friday
Cons
no dress down days
Relaxing Staff Rooms
Telemetry Surveillance Unit Clerk/Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 21, 2015
Constant telemetry recordings of cardiac-cath patients. I learned how to handle diverse situations involving staff and family members.
Management always preparing in-service classes for staff. Staff always ready to help with any assignment. Hardest part of job was changing shifts such chaos. The most enjoyable part of the job is saving lives.
Pros
client rapport
Cons
excessive change of clients
Great place to start off in
Technician (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 8, 2015
Southside Regional is a great place to work if you plan on staying in the area or never plan on leaving the community. The place itself is nice and full of wonderful patients. The pay and benefits are just enough to get by and advancement for job skills especially in other areas outside of nursing are non-existent. There are a great deal of people who wear many big hats but not enough attention is paid to the little people who hold them up.
Pros
Patients, cleanliness
Cons
benefits, pay, lack of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southside Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8