Southside VA Training Center Employee Reviews

Very Nice people
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: work trips and activities
Cons: working lots of overtime
I loved my individuals that I worked with. They began to be a little difficult but after you got to know them they were very sweet. The people worked in teams and were very helpful and I am going to miss them all.
Work with those who will capture your heart!!!!!
DSA2(Direct Support Associate) (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAFebruary 14, 2014
If you like helping people this is a job for you. When working with these individuals, you would grow to love them. I know i loved going to work and knowing I was helping somebody out. These associates might not be able to do all the things that you and I can, but they have their own unique way of doing things. Also you and your co-workers become like a family, yall spend so much time together you will grow to love them. I know I did.
sounds good on paper.
DSA (Current Employee), Dinwiddie, VaOctober 5, 2012
Pros: great fringe benefits
Cons: crazy staff, low pay, double shifts
This is one of the worst jobs I've ever held. This place is poorly managed and the residents that live there could've done a better job of running it. The paper-pushers could care less about their staff (even though we do the bulk of the work). We are talked to and talked about any kind of way, yet they are wondering why so many are running for the exit. This is a stressful place to work...definitely not for the faint of heart. When I first started working there I genuinely liked the job...of course there were many inconsistencies and idiotic house rules but I could manage that. Ever since they announced the closure of the facility...it's like people went postal and really started showing their behinds. A typical day would be to program the residents (something they aren't even capable of or willing to do), assist with feeding, bathe them, then put them to do bed. Now let's see...I've covered management and their micro-managing, slave-overseer, okie-dokie yessa boss masta attitudes. Some of the staff/aides are no better. All they do is gossip and perpetrate and throw your behind up under the bus should something go wrong (as if the supervisors doing that wasn't enough) Be weary of who you associate with! Don't go in there being too nice or sweet because they'll eat you up and think you're a joke. So make sure when they bark...you BITE...HARD. You would think that people would be a little more appreciative being that facility is losing staff FAST. The hardest part of the job is setting aside your issues for the greater good. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the residents smile. By reading this you may think I'm just the typical angry employee with terrible attitude and that I don't have much going on. Wrong. I'm an employee that's watched this facility fall apart at the seams and quite frankly I'm tired, over-worked and I dread going in to work...EVERDAY no matter how much of a positive attitude I try to have. And it's not just me.

November 17, 2012

You ain't neva lying

very productive workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAAugust 30, 2012
I have gained morals and I value my job at SVTC . From my eight years of service I have learned how take care individuals who cant take care themselves. I love being able to be there for their needs.
ok
Food Service Tech I (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAMay 27, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Its a fairly easy job its steady pace its just the people that you work with.