Our warehouse selects and transports food to Kroger Food Stores. Our warehouse operates 24/7. We work on every Holiday but Christmas. The Food Industry is a stable industry to be employed by, especially in today's economy. We all have to eat, whether it is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or Ribeye Steaks.
Drivers are home every night. Southstar has 2 classifications in the driver category:
- Hostlers – Paid hourly at $14.27 per hour. They drive, move, hook, unhook, switch and spot equipment as required in the terminal and/or between the terminal and the salvage dock, break down or make up various combinations of tractors and trailers, spot trailers for loading or unloading and maintaining acceptable fuel levels in trailers for product either stored on the yard or to be shipped over the road.
- Road Drivers – Paid 44 cents per mile. They drive, hook, unhook trailers and unload pallets off at the store level. Drivers are responsible for picking up salvage pallets at the store and returning them to the warehouse,
Skills / Requirements
- Must have Class A CDL.
- Must have 2 years of OTR experience
- Weekends and Holidays will be required
- Days off will vary
- Must pass Probation Period - 45 worked days
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Back Ground Check, DOT Physical and MVR)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life after 30 days.
- 401K Non-Matched
- 1 week vacation after 1 year