Southview Acres Health Care Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJanuary 25, 2017
Everyone is very friendly and accommodating to new people.
Management is flexible and will assist you with any issues you have.
I learned a lot about working with the elderly, and even learned how to do a daily medical census.
Pros
Nice lunch area, nice staff, excellent management
Health Unit Coordinator in a Long Term Care Facility
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2017
I come into work at 10:00 am and work until 6:30 pm. I check the email as a source of the communication of how we find out what is happening in the facilty. Admissions, dicharges, transfers or any change of status these are the items in the emails that I check for. The Admissions clerk will email the Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) to let her know if there is an admission coming to the unit that she is working on. Therefore we must check our email frequently during the day. Next I print out a new Alpha Census for the facility and post it where only staff can see it or review it. Then I go to my 3 units to see if there are any new orders written by MD, NP or Nurses. If there are new orders I transcribe them into the computer. The nurses sign off the orders in the computer. Maintaining records are a big part of my position. Answering telephone, faxing orders to the pharmacy, scanning lab results, setting up appointments and transportation for the residents these are all necessary components of my position.

We have a very diversified group of employees. You can walk down the hall from one unit to another and hear several different languages. To me this is a plus for working. I may not understand what the other employees are saying but I just know it is easier for them to communicate in their own languages than in English.

The hardest part of my job is setting up transportation for the residents.
The most enjoyable part is making sure the residents are getting all that the need.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Sometimes all of the orders that come in at one time it can be overwhelming.
Great company.....but
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West St. Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2016
It was a nice place to work for management was lovely, always a chance to pick up shifts, but if you don't want to deal with racism from co workers don't bother working here I had many instances where I experienced racism (I'm white for the record). I also had to deal with co workers refusing to do their job and acting like spoiled high schoolers.
Pros
Christmas bonus, benefits, good management
Cons
Co workers, racism, heavy groups.
fast paced, but fun environment
Dietary aide (Current Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work is busy but manageable. There are a lot of small details to remember in order to complete the job successfully. Involves teamwork and communication but also involves individual work. The biggest lesson I leaned from working here is the benefit of taking criticism form your coworkers. This was an issue in our kitchen and I believe we would benefit greatly from helping each other out maturely as a team instead of tattling. The hardest part of the job is organizing your time which is very flexible. In other words, there is room to rearrange your schedule around what tasks you want to finish first. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my coworkers, some of which have become good friends of mine and interacting with the residents.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
benefits of dietary aides compared to nurse assistants
Great enviroment
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2014
I learned to have lots of patients with residents and customers, great coworkers and supervisor. Working with the residents was very enjoyable and made the days much easier.
Wonderful facility both for residents and staff
Director of HIM (Former Employee) –  West St PaulApril 13, 2013
A typical day in the life of a Health Information Management Director was busy but rewarding. Management were continually supportive and encouraging. I had a good working relationship with everyone I encountered. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job. Southview has a great raport with residents which makes them want to return there for care. That makes times there busier than others. Balancing both was a challenge and a reward. For anyone looking for a rewarding place to work, I highly recommend Southview Acres Health Care Center. The owners care more about this facility than I found working anywhere else.
Pros
supportive management and owner
Cons
busy but very rewarding
Fun patient, warm environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJanuary 24, 2013
I like the comfortable, friendly, and fun environment. On a typical day or daily job is basically the same. I punch in, prepared all the towels/washcloths, and robes to all the patients I am going to take cared of it that night; asked if they needed more water to their water pitcher; clean their rooms; answer all lights that goes off. Sometimes my co-workers are very cooperate and helpful. The hardest part of the job is sometimes I get a cranky patient; meaning he/she wants everything done their own way or else they are not going to be happy. I most part that I enjoyed the job is the fun and warm and friendly patient that I get to work with.
Pros
good/clean healthcare/santizier
Cons
short breaks/
Productive workplace with daily tasks to follow through and implement
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 4, 2012
A typical day at work involves transcribing Physician orders, working with Nurses, Nurse Managers, Nursing Assistants, and many other staffs to ensure effective patient cares and quality. I have learned many amazing skills that have strengthened my competency levels, along with knowledge from many expertises that everyone brings to the table. I have also gained leadership skills as well as gaining exceptional customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was trying to do better, when we didn't have the correct tools and procedures. The most enjoyable part is my magnificant team and Nurse Managers.
Pros
working with great staff members and making lives of residents brighter
Cons
not having effective tools to make workplace more effective
I love all my residents and I get along with all my co-workers
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2012
I have to start getting my residents up when I get there. After they are all up then they go eat brunch, I help feed the people that need help. I take some of them to the bathroom if they need help. Lay some down, chart everything I have did for them.
I have learned how to care for the elderly.
I get along with all my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job is moving the machines with heavy people.
I love who I take care of.