Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Executive Assistant / HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2017
There are few nice words I can say about the management at this company. They lack experience, drive, are immature and most senior management only care about themselves. Even long term employees are not safe working here.

I think it could be a great culture, like the one major player they support, but they are all too focused on making and spending money on the wrong things.
I love what I do.
Senior Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
I enjoy the people I work with/for (coworkers and members). Can be fast paced and stressful at times, but even then everyone shares the feeing that we're in it together.
Pros
Monthly snacks, meals. Great healthcare.
Cons
Stressful at times.
Amazing Work Environment
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2015
I would have LOVED to stay at Southwest Airlines FCU if I could have had more opportunity to move up. The people were AMAZING. The work environment was incredible and like no other. I LOVED that the work environment was laid back. Everyone interacted with everyone, from each department I mean. The CEO walked around the credit union constantly and spoke to you.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Location from home
Very enjoyable and profitable company
Senior Consumer Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2015
You have the ability to make as much money as you want. You just have to actually apply yourself. If you show up to work looking to be ordinary then you will be paid ordinarily. If you show up to work looking to make enough money to live nicely you can.
Pros
Good management, work/life balance
Cons
Its far from where I live.
A fast pace workplace with fun environment
Financial Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2014
My typical day at work consist of phone call after phone call with a 30 second wrap time. In between phone calls I complete my new accounts and process loans. I have learned about lending policy's and title work. I love my co-workers, they brighten up my days. The hardest part of my job is trying to complete my daily work while taking over 100 phone calls a day. I have not had an issue with management. My last manager was awesome and I was sad when I decided to leave her department. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun environment. We celebrate everything, Valentine's Day, 4th of July, Halloween, Super Bowl, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pros
healthcare, casual dress code, no weekends
Cons
internal growth
Loan Officer/ Underwriter
FSO/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2013
Processed Loan applications, researched loans and did underwriting, reviewed and audited accounts, provided customer service, maintained members accounts, completed data entry of loan accounts. Processed line of credit and credit renewal reports, processed fraud disputes and issued voucher credits.
Pros
busy area
Cons
unstablable
laid back and awesome
Teller/Document Scanner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2012
I absolutely love working here, I enjoy interaction with the internal and external members
Fun and friendly work atmosphere
Teller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxMarch 3, 2012
It is a good company to work for, and with opportunities of advancement. They always look to hire from within for new openings. At the same time this company is always looking to keep their employees happy.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of guidelines and protocols