Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Best company culture I've ever been exposed to!
Network Operations Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
My internship was one of the best experiences I've had during the time of my four-year undergraduate degree program. Southwest proved to me that they are the people I want to start and end my career with.
Great
Systems and Processes Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
This is a great Company to work at. Probably one of the best to be at and the people and the culture is just brilliant. I learned a lot here, and it's mostly about how to treat people at work and how to make everyone happy along with the technical skills,
Pros
Great Comapny
Cons
Superb CEO
Great Customers
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2016
South west was a Great Job to have if you love to Travel, and got a thing for planes. Great Place to start a career. Many people have been there for many years, and love to help, and share their experiences.
This is a great place to work for
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAApril 28, 2016
The management and supervisors are great. Being on the ramp and next to the planes all day or night is the best part of the job. Seeing how the airline works from the time you check in to the time the plane leaves the gate is very interesting.
The truth
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2016
SWA is a good company, with a great culture, but the culture is not as awesome as it once was. If you could be a fly on the wall in the break areas or even just listen to the conversation employees have with each other, sometimes while on duty, you'd understand what I'm saying.

Many of the co-workers, some of the managers and supervisors are wonderful people to work with, and SWA takes pride in hiring the best, friendliest and internal and external customer service oriented individuals... however, the world is comprised of good and bad people so this just isn't always the case. I've witnessed very, no extremely rude agents handling external customers and unbeknownst to them, internal customers, but because of seniority their job is not at stake so they are essential given a free pass to behave this way.

There are some good, honest, fair managers but some supervisors, who are often promoted from agent positions, are on a power trip and our six month probation period apparently makes it very easy for them to make the life of new agents very difficult. The managers have been ported verbally threatening new agents jobs to get them to do their bidding and if a new agent dares to speak up against any injustice, they are treated poorly, gossiped about between supervisors and agents, then only after being worked a bit more, sometimes ot or a double, they are let go. Supervisors and agents with a bit of seniority are basically allowed to do what they want and treat new agents and customers how ever they want. This, i hsve learned, is the case in many stations.

That all
  more... being said, I luv Southwest Airlines as it is presented and for the most part strives to be, I just think there needs to be some internal house cleaning, even if it just means specialized, reoccuring, training reminding employees how to treat others, after all at SWA, we follow the golden rule.

There are so many good things about and good people at SWA, but the number of the few "bad eggs on a power trip" is still too high in my opinion. I've seen employees let go for legitimate reasons, on the other hand I've witnessed good employees tossed out because only one or two (of the very many) managers, supervisors and or employees just didn't like them personally, even if they had good commendations from customers.

I would recommend working at SWA, it's an awesome opportunity and we like to hire individuals who stand out and shine but the unfortunate truth for some is that you have to either be in the good graces of the specific supervisors who let the power go to their head or keep your personality and shine down to a dull dim so you can pass probation.
Pros
flight benefits, holiday pay, good supervisors, good co-workers, youthful, fun luving, job security after probation, ot, off days, scheduling with seniority and granted arrangements
Cons
probation threats, pay, power trips, bad supervisors, bad co-workers, mandatory ot, scheduling without seniority
a fun spirited company that requires 110% dedication and hard workers♥
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2016
Southwest Airlines is the ultimate place to work. We worked hard and occasionally we'd play hard!!! Yes, this is a fun-loving, servants heart and warrior spirit place to work. This suited me very well. If you are fortunate enough to work at head-quarters in Dallas, there is a gourmet chef on 5th floor waiting to make your lunch just the way you need it. Many great perks. ♥♥♥♥
Pros
fly for free
Cons
worked holidays and weekends until you are there about 8-10 years
great flights
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 21, 2016
The job was very fast pace, and detailed job . pretty easy work. the co-works are very helpful and kind . thats the reason for the 4 stars above .
Pros
free buddy passes
Cons
small planes
Great employee culture
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2016
Great company and all about the employees.I learned more about human remain transport.My co-workers were awesome they worked and showed me everything I need to know.
Fun but alot of work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 14, 2016
This job has its ups and downs. The benefits and perks are the best I ever had. But the schedule changes daily and its hard trying to plan your life.
Pros
good pay, great benifits
Cons
Changing schedules, physical work
great job, management not so
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2016
You feel like in the beginning they want you to succeed but you soon find out that something like getting sick once can get you terminated it becomes a whole different company. Employee reviews become personal attacks that can get you fired. The actual job it's self is awesome, working with the customers is the best ever and the opportunity to see the world is second to none.
Cons
management
Best place to work
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 8, 2016
Great work culture, environment. Fantastic learning experience. Have lots of care for Employees. SWA has 40 years of profitability and is ever growing with multiple project openings for Developers and Business Analysts.
Enjoyed every aspect of working for this company.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39208April 5, 2016
This is a wonderful company to work for. Unfortunately, I was only able to work part time due to the small airport in my home of Jackson, MS at the time.
Work hard and play hard
Inflight Payroll Auditor and Leave Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
This is absolutely a great company; the benefits and perks are wonderful. The company provide stability and growth but you have to be open and willing take and explore opportunities. The department can be very strict and less forgiving but overall, while I was there I enjoyed it.
Pros
Overall a great company
Cons
That particular department was not easy to work in (management).
It was a party environment everyday. Lots of fun.
Customer Service and Support Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2016
Started everyday by reviewing the systems weather delays, upcoming promotions and your daily scheduled meetings.
Answered customer's phone calls regarding a variety of concerns.
Researched routes, fares, schedules, accounts, credits etc.
Attended recurrent training meetings.
Enjoyed volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House.
Did not enjoy informing customer's of delayed, rerouted or cancelled flights.
Pros
Company gatherings and events.
Cons
Unexpected long hours and manditory overtime.
The most rewarding job.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
-This is a company that has really figured it out.
-There moto is put your employees first and they will always put your customers first.
-Be willing to put your time in due to everything is done by seniority but when you get it this is a very fun job.
Pros
Everything is done by seniority
Cons
Sometimes it takes a couple of years to get good seniority.
Monekia Dabney Southwest Airline Rep
Customer Service / Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2016
Providing excellent hospitality to our customers is our everyday goal. The mission is to first take care of one another and next fulfill our customers needs and wants. The toughest part of working for a major airlines is missing out on family events such as Christmas and Thanksgiving due air travel. But completing my day knowing I satisfied someone, keeps me smiling and empowered.
Benefits
Cons
Away from home
php developer
PHP Word Press Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2016
its good to work with southwest airlines,i learned so much in this company,the management of this company also supporting me very well,and my co workers also gave me full support to work,their is no hardest part in this company,we are all enjoying very well and i have done my work also very well.thank you for southwest airlines to gave me such a wonderful opportunity.
fun work environment
Provisioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2016
employees were empowered to help customers in a fun way, luv culture helped.
was able to promote and move to different departments after a year, made things interesting.
Pros
a lot of milestone type of celebrations, parties and free shirts, etc.
Cons
low pay, just a little above minimum wage.
pay compensation is awesome, benefits are super
Provisioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work and make a career of. the benefit of flying free is awesome as well as the financial benefits. awesome perks and parties thrown by the company.
Pros
benefits, parties, perks, co-workers
Cons
sometimes very very long hours due to delays and weather.
i love the airline indusrty
CUSTER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  LondonMarch 11, 2016
I am a people person , I like being out in public and helping people. I am great at customer service and communicating with people. handle I stress situations with ease. Have had cpr training and / first aid . enjoy working with the public and get along well with others.
Pros
i never give up .. i am always detremed to get th job done what it may be
Cons
i sometmes try to hard to be the best i can be.

4.5