Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Benefit Administrator Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2016
During my time at Southwest I was treated like I had worked there for years. People are very friendly and very accommodating. I did not want to see my contract time to end, and will continue to try and get a full time position.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Long drive with traffic witht the work hours provided
The Golden rule
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2016
Great job to meet new people everyday. Great job to travel all over the world. Great place to be able to make customers feel safe and have a good time.
Great Work Place
Pilot/Flight Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I came to SWA with aircraft 6 and retired 30 years later at age 60 with 535 A/C. I chose to come back to work at SWA after 6 years of play.
I love the job and am able to contribute 30 years of line experience to all pilots I train. Each day I come to work I always run into a pilot who was a F/O of mine at one time in his career.

I work 21 days/month. The airline is in such expansion that our work schedule can vary from 5:30 am check ins to 9:30 pm ones.
The CAE simulators are FFD with fabulous graphics. I am an AQP-V Evaluator so I give approximately 7 Maneuvers Observation rides per Month as part of the 3 day AQP events. I also teach new hires and Capt. upgrades.

I love the fact that I am currently up to date with Aircraft systems, ATC, LNAV/VNAV, Seat Currency, Security training, and International.
Pros
Ultra modern equipment and class rooms
Cons
Monthly schedules affecting my body clock
Fun environment
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2016
Pros
Free hotels, free flights
Cons
No breaks, long days, short overnights
Best Company and fun working with this company
QA Manager/QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 22, 2016
I really love working at Southwest Airlines
Fun loving people
Technically strong
Best management and co-workers
Strong technical skills used by testing team
Learnt a lot about Agile methodologies
Pros
Cool environment to work
Cons
Fun place to work. Great moral and benifits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I enjoyed meeting new people and making people smile. I learned how to deal with all types of personalities and complaint resolutions skills
Southwest Airlines has been a stable and fun place to work.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 18, 2016
Working at Southwest Airlines has allowed me and my family to be a part of a cutting edge customer service aviation company that provided a hard working and fun group of fellow employees to work with.
One of the best companies to work for.
Inflight - Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Ability to remain flexible to constant schedule changes. Available all hours of the day, weekends, holidays. Always working with different coworkers. Loved traveling and constantly meeting new people.
Most difficult part of the job was commuting to and from work as I did not live in a base. Also scheduling issues with family.
Booking a breavement flight
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2016
I received a escalated call from a representative. The customer booked flights for her family of 5 to go to Disney. Unfortunately 2 months before the family trip there was a horrible car accident and 2 of the family members passed. The caller wanted to cancel the tickets and use the funds to get other family members to town ASAP. In this case the tickets were nonrefundable and nontransferable. In circumstances where a passenger can’t travel the caller is instructed to call Customer Relations to see if an exception can be made. However, it was the weekend and Customer Relations would not reopen until Monday. As a supervisor I was able to apply the credit from her family’s trip to the new tickets.
Pros
Being able to assist customers
Cons
Not being able to help everyone
Best company culture, awesome benefits, incredible and inspiring people!
Product Innovation Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Wouldn't trade my time at Southwest for the world! LUVed every second of it.

I was an intern and had the ability to work on projects with senior leaders from beginning to end. The work is fun and the work environment is unbeatable. The benefits of working here as an intern surpass any benefits I have ever seen at another company. The workload is fun, your coworkers are always eager to teach you something new, there are deck parties with music and free food every Monday and last but not least....free flights to anywhere in the country!!! The recruiters really care about your success in the position. They spend a lot of time determining where you would best fit, and they're always right! After my internship ended, my coworkers were eager to write positive recommendation letters and lots of people got hired! (unfortunately I had to return to school)
Pros
Free unlimited flights, awesome people, great culture, free food and fun events!
Cons
can only work from Dallas, other than that- NOTHING!

Want to know more about Southwest Airlines?

Ask a question
Great place to work and travel.
Bilingual Customer Support and Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2016
I loved working for Southwest Airlines for 13 years. I made many friends and helped many customers with their travel related needs. It was the best job I ever had.
Pros
Free travel, overtime almost every day and fun atmosphere.
Cons
Mandatory overtime, working nights, weekends and holidays.
Best Job Ever
Customer Service Agent, Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 8, 2016
If you want a test this is the job for you. Airport life is hectic but fun. Southwest knows how to have fun. Benefits include unlimited free flights for you and your parents as well as a companion or your significant other. Day at the ticket counter is greeting customers, tagging bags, printing boarding passes, and changing flights if need be. A day at the gate includes making gate announcements, tagging strollers, upgrading seat positions, and handling flight changes in case of a delay or cancellation. They also allow you to work as much as you want there is no set amount of hours you can work a hour.
Pros
Free Flights, Enviornment
Cons
None.
nice to work there
Workday HCM functional analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2016
good company to work and everyone is jovial and also no work pressure and good team to support and encourages one another.
Very fun a fast pace work place
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2015
It was a great working environment, loved working outdoors and everyone worked together as a team to get all the flights and bags out safely. Hardest part about the job was making sure you dont brake anything, however the most enjoyable was pushing out the planes and being a bag runner. I learned to be mindful of your surrounding at all times and that being on time is everything. Management always wanted you to succeed no matter if you're having a bad day or not
Pros
free travel
Great Benefits
Ramp Agent - Practicing Safety First (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 28, 2015
Can make as many hours as wanted and flexible scheduling. great 401k can be a career. need a little work on management and communication but ramp agents stick together.
Easy go work environment
ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of marshaling in aircrafts, then unloading and loading aircrafts. After it was loaded and ready for departure, my job was either to wing walk or push the aircraft out on a push back. If i wasn't working on the gates, I was bag running. This job was to bring bags either to baggage drop or to another aircraft.
great place
flight attendant (Former Employee) –  chciagoDecember 14, 2015
great place a typical day at work supervisors were great love my coworkers. love assisting customer, love talking to them great place
The company changed and not for the good.
production lead mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2015
It was a good place to work for the longest but when the man that started the whole thing left or retired or was forced out it changed and not for the good. I mean the pay was ok well better than ok but the work conditions were not the best and I did not see them getting better.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Management went down hill
Work Hard, Play Hard, Fly For Free
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2015
Wonderful management, awesome co-workers, and excellent benefits. Great place to work if you can stick it out through the first year or so, while you gain seniority and deal with mandatory overtime. Company encourages individuality, and there are many options for advancement. If you want to go to Inflight, it's encouraged to go internally, as interviews occur more often.
Pros
great benefits, profit sharing, free flying, wonderful people
Cons
mandatory overtime based on seniority, financially challenging to start, potential odd hours
productive and fun place to work
Customers Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 1, 2015
Loved working for SOUTHWEST Airlines.
Southwest had so much to offer not only benefits but experience wise. Very busy environment and the most thing I loved about it was working over time. The company allowed every employee to work as much hours and pick up if needed as long you dont work too much your falling off your feet.

4.5