Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Employer Reviews

Blessed
Cargo Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: free flights and travel.
A day at Southwest Airlines is really cool. I meet new people every day. We just purchase another airline, I'm learning a lot from my new co-workers and our new management. My co-workers are very reliable and hard working. My job is not really hard just fast pace. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fun that we have at work while we are getting – more... the job done. – less
Ground ops treated poorly
Ground Operations Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2014
great company unfortunately if you're not a flight attendant mechanic or pilot consider a different career path. lack of transferable skills no tuition reimbursement
Fun workplace, an equal opportunity employement, free flights
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free flights all around the states
Cons: short breaks especially during holidays or long weekends
The work with Southwest Airlines vary from day to day it depends on the assignment given to me on that day, it can be from gate relief, checking in passengers at the gate, assisting customers with their quiries and concerns, helping other team members with their concers or areas.
My co-workers were very helpful, fun to be with and supportive of each – more... other during work hours, theyw were not confined to their own areas and responsibilities.
The hardest part of the job is when their a volume of flights and customers especially on holidays, or heavy fligth days, it can be demanding.
the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make customers happy. – less
Fun Place to work
Customer Service/Support (Former Employee), Columbus, Oh / Houston TXJuly 9, 2014
Met new personalities daily
Learned great customer service skills
Fun coworkers willing to teach
productive place to work
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: not much down time
coworkers are great,
hardest part of the job is working during inclement weather during irregular operations, but it was a good challenge.
Good Company to Work for
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), LaGuardia Airport.June 25, 2014
Pros: good retirement, profit sharing.
Cons: long hours, 6 months of probation, mandatory overtime.
Southwest Airlines is a good company to work with, if you are willing to give up weekends and holidays. Management really does try to work with you and tries to accommodate you. The only negative or unpopular thing that I am not to keen on is the 6 months of probation in which you to not have the backing of the Union. Other wise it is a good company. – more... Also the starting salary is not the greatest. – less
I loved working at Southwest Airlines
Category Specialist / Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: great culture, great pay, wonderful work environment
Cons: the only con was leaving
A typical day of work there was great. The culture is great and it really makes you feel like you're part of something special.
Great training programs and employee development.
The management is the best I've ever seen.
My co-workers were all committed and professional and generally just a great group of people.
The hardest part of the job was leaving – more... it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of such a wonderful team. – less
Always unpredictable
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYJune 21, 2014
Pros: free travel
The people who work for the company are great people, and always have a smiles on their faces. It is a great environment to be in. However, the airlines industry is very unpredictable, and you always have to be prepared for anything!
Best Airline
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2014
This was the best airline job, the treatment from managers and company heads was amazing, the passengere were fun and the co-workers helpful.
Management and Training
Customer Service Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, travel, learning programs
Cons: union, attendance policy
Management and training are very challenging fields but can be rewarding. Been apart of both help me to manage time better to be more efficient. Learning to balance my time better help me to improve on my on time performance and deadlines by more than 50 %. To be able to pass on what I have learned and new ideas to my Co-workers to help them to improve. – more... Working with Southwest, you learn to be a part of a Team, to put others ahead of yourself, show compassion for your Internal and External Customer, and most of all, have fun and enjoy what you do everyday. – less
Fast pace enviroment.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: weather delays
My typical day at work consisted of meeting my crewmembers 1 hour prior to the flight. Most of the time it would be a crew of 5, or 6 people who had never met before. We would work together for three days.

I learned how to get along with people from different backgrounds an how to assess people, and situations in a very quick and professional manner.

Management – more... was very hands off. Everyone knew the mission of the company and what was expected from each employee.

Winter weather delays were very difficult. Being stranded for up to 7 days working on a minimum rest of 8 hours.

Traveling to different cities and experiencing different cultures was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
travel, passenger service and comfort
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: travel, met many people worldwide
Cons: lived out of a suitcase
provided best service, comfort and safety for passengers.
Supportive Leadership
Helpdesk Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 4, 2014
Learned leadership skills and ITIL training and certification
Fast paced environment
Productive and a very nice place to work.
Computer Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: many outside events with food and games.
Cons: communication lacking between management and coworkers.
The culture has changed quite a bit but it is still a great place to work.
Incredible People
Customer Service Supervisor of Station Training (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2014
Outstanding work environment with a focus on company culture.
Great work enviorment
Customer Relations Agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: contract postion
This a great company to work for. As a contract worker we where treated with respect and as if we were full time employees.
Fun work enviroment
Operations/Ground operations (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 20, 2014
Pros: lots of free food and fly for free!
Cons: not many
Great place to work with a very unique work culture.
Learned everyday from senior employees.
Great employees who are fun to work with.
I Love the "family" atmosphere and how the company truly cares about their employees.
good place to start out
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: treat there employees like machines
Southwest airlines is a great place to work for benefits. They don't pay enough for the work that they have. They treat there employees like machines
Great Benefits Financially Rewarding
Lead Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits strong company
Cons: company and union issues. merger needed improvement.
Great job benefits flight health benefits continue today... Friendly people well trained customer Service Oriented business... Good Safety Record ... Management open to suggestions.
Great place to work in. Good company culture.
Ramp Operations (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: flying benefits, retirement plan and the health plan to name a few.
Cons: you will learn the meaning of hard work, but it also teaches us about team work.
Benefits and compensation were very good. Health plan very affordable. Easy to pick up extra hours, and overtime as well. At the pay rate you find it very advantageous to make extra for those expenses we never plan for. Flying all over the country and with our partners around the world makes it very easy to see the world.

1 2 3 4 5

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As – Read more

Southwest Airlines Photos