Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

You have to be dedicated
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 26, 2017
You work really long hours, holidays, weekends and overtime. Job culture is great, really fun atmosphere must of the time but it can be a very stressful job. If you like having a life outside of an airport this job is not for you.
Pros
Free flights for you and family
Cons
Long, crazy hours
Amazing company
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2017
Southwest Airlines has by far been the job I enjoyed the most in my career. I am a people person and loved talking on a daily basis to all types of people from all walks of life. Southwest Airlines is a generous company when it comes to helping out the community as well as the employees. The atmosphere at Southwest Airlines is like no other company!
Pros
Diversity
Fast paced environment, physical labor
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2017
Lifted baggage of 20-60lbs regurlarly, worked outside in the elements. Some supervisors are not looking out for your welfare. Can be a fun job. Risk for injury is high.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
physical labor
Difficulty level is high, compensation is low as well as the morale of the supervisors
Ramp Agent Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2017
This is a difficult place to work if you are on the ramp. The conditions are tough as you are working in all kinds of weather. The management leaves a lot to be desired and the pay leaves a lot to be desired considering the working conditions. The benefits on the other hand as far as health, 401 K, stock options etc. are very good.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, good retirement benefits if you make it that long.
Cons
Tough working conditions, very few actual breaks during the travel seasons especially. Poor managers.
Super Company!
Pilot (Captain) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2017
Southwest is a fantastic company to work for. The Southwest culture encourages all employees to have fun and help each other.
Pay and Benefits are among the best in corporate America. I have the highest praise for Southwest Airlines and it's great employees.
Pros
Southwest culture and employees!
Cons
Can't thin of any Cons.
Fun and the best job I ever had.
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2017
I worked for Southwest Airlines for over 23 years. I can't and there is not an ill word to say about them. I was a flight attendant and loved my company and job. I had to take early retirement. I was devastated. They are an excellent company and don't let anyone tell you different.
Pros
Pick the days and times you want to work. AM'S or PM'S.
Cons
The airplanes got a little hot in the summer.
Amazing, but not for everyone
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2017
SWA offers a lot to it's employees - opportunities to grow, flight benefits, high 401k match, profit sharing, graduated PTO.

However, it demands a lot, like any other airline. It is often difficult to plan your life around this industry. Weather on the other side of the country (or one seemingly small maintenance issue) can cause you to stay hours late, or even to come in on your day off.

If you have no qualms about your life revolving around your work, you should absolutely work for Southwest. You will be paid the best in the business, with probably the best retirement package you can get without a degree.
Pros
Free flights, retirement, growth opportunities
Cons
Work-Life balance
Na
Inflight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  system wideJuly 20, 2017
Southwest is a good company; however some of the leaders in different department is not living the SWALIFE way. They make up their own rules and are not trustworthy.
Very busy at times but sometimes alot of just plan fun
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2017
Customers come first as it should be. With you job duties you should show legendary service as always. Worked for Southwest for 27 years and it brought me great things in life like raising 5 kids and moving them on threw life while working here.
Pros
Great benifits
Engineering Internship
Service Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
I've had the pleasure of interning within Southwest's TechOps department as an engineer. I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience I've gained through real world and hands on engineering projects. I would recommend Southwest for any engineer seeking internship or full time career.
No regrets
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 19, 2017
I did an eight year enlistment with the Corps. I learned a lot about myself and how to lead and take charge. What a wonderful opportunity it was for me to service my country and become a better man in the process.
fun work environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2017
everyone was so friendly and always helpful. team environment. culture was that this was one of the best places to work and everyone wanted to work their. this by far was an employer of choice.
Gud place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  txJuly 18, 2017
very good place...

i love to work on this place
i will adivce to work here to evryone it is very gufd place to work here.

please work here i love this place
fun and exciting environment to work
Ticket Counter Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2017
This was an awesome place to work. The managers and all staff were excellent. I love learning about auditing and ticket counter procedures. I was also able to learn customer service skills as well as administrative skills/
Professional, Competitive, Satisfying
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  DallasJuly 17, 2017
Working for Southwest has been a great opportunity to continue to grow in my role as well as the industry. We have the ability to interact with different levels of management and bring fresh ideas to the table. We're encouraged to participate, problem solve and provide process improvements.

It's important we continue to leave behind the "that's the way we've always done it" mentality and make sure we're letting all individuals contribute and be responsible for their duties. We need to understand our roles, become proficient with them and let all team members contribute equally and be recognized for their efforts.

Stay in your lane and slowly become more acclimated with other areas of responsibility in order to continue to grow your skill set.
Pros
Professional Organization with limitless opportunities to grown and learn
Cons
Old school thinking and stepping into other teams areas and doing their job for them
Excellent company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2017
Southwest is an excellent company that really cares about its employees. I would highly recommend anyone looking to get into the aviation industry apply to Southwest Airlines
love
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2017
Southwest Airlines has so much to offer. Truly one of the best places I have had the privilege of working at. Everyone is such a pleasure to be around.
Absolute great company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2017
absolutely the most wonderful company to work for ,very about their agents,family oriented and very fare to their employees,and very unique company with outstanding benefits.
Great Place, great people good company
Sr Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
GREAT Company
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2017
This is a GREAT Company to work for!!!. The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5