Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place
Associate Buyer-Contract (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: lunches and parties
Cons: none
Perfect Work environment, Everyone has smile on their face, make you feel comfortable at work , learned new system operations,
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Relations Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: appreciation lunches, friendly coworkers
Cons: on calls for long hours
A typical day at work is friendly energized coworkers and other staff greeting you with a smile and laughs. Answer customers inquiries over the phone on their Rapid Reward accounts try to resolve them the best of my ability. This is a full-time position the hardest part is not being able to please every customer with conditions of policies and procedures that we have in place. The most enjoyable part is assisting them, making them happy, being able to get them to their destinations and hearing people from different cultural backgrounds.
Great job with great benefits including free flights for life
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2015
Pros: pretty much my own boss as it was independent work
Cons: long hours but enjoyable
Real satisfying and enjoyable work I loved coming to work every day I learned great customer service skills with a good rapport with all supervisors The day flew by quickly as I was having fun visiting with a great variety of people and helping them with their travel plans
Great co-workers
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Nashville,TNMarch 18, 2015
The best part of the job for me was the people I worked with. We were all a big family for the most part. Fun place to work, however, it had its downsides like every job. Management could have been improved on in my opinion.
Great company for the Right people
Payroll Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2015
I love this company and am sad to have had so many roadblocks for advancement. The people are wonderful, the culture is amazing, the compensation is okay but you can 'fly for free' which has also been a lot harder the last couple of years.

I have been in the same position for long enough to run the joint, however my attempts to move around in the department and outside the department have been thwarted.

I am a top performer and work extremely hard and diligently when I am doing my job. I go outside of my realm to help those around me and my customers. I have been working so hard and yet have not been promoted and that is why my rating is lower.

For interns coming in, you have no idea what opportunity you are being given. I worked outside this company for enough years to know it's a wonderland. Please take advantage of your opportunities given by management.
Fun place to work, fast paced environment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: long commute
A typical day consisted of loading/unloading aircraft, pushing back aircraft with machinery. working as a team player
Good as a means to pay your bills
Provisioning Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
Pros: benefits are decent
Cons: core company values are not consistent throughout the system.
I would not recommend using this job as a means to retire. The contracts are not respected. Managements expectations are unrealistic with the unsafe work conditions.
It was a great place to work
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2015
Pros: being able to be in control in my work place
Cons: taking breaks as often as needed.
The experience I gained with this company is the privilege is being able to actually help someone out of a difficult situation and being to acheive positive results.
great
RAMP AGENT (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: time
Cons: short break
Utilized customer service and pre-selling techniques to articulate available portrait options.
 Applied appropriate photography techniques to photograph subjects in the school setting adhering
to strict guidelines and time frames
 Responsible for managing multiple photography projects such as school, sports, and identification
photography in various schools across Los Angeles County
Sothwest airlines is great place to work with great work life balance
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2015
Absolutely love working for this company, everyone you see is friendly and kind. Great atmosphere and its always something fun happening at work. The company makes sure that the employees are happy doing their job. Love the motto " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Great company to work for
Very productive and a Great place to work.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Chicago Midway AirportMarch 4, 2015
To start out my day as an Ramp Agent was to find out what gate i was to work for that day. Getting my gate setup. Head over to Operations to get my flight schedule's as to when my flights out coming in and departing. I really enjoyed marshalling in the planes into the gate area as well as pushing the plaines out to the taxi lanes. (see resume for more information)
Creative and fun place to work at.
Analysis & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), DallasMarch 1, 2015
Learnt many new things professionally and personally. I totally loved working in this company. Looking forward opportunities like this in the near future.
great place to learn and grow by far on of the best jobs I ever had
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 28, 2015
the best job i had in my life so far it is alot to be done and a team ready and willing to get it done. a typical day come in eat my lunch clock in find my gate or tug if i was a bag runner be at your flight 10 mins before flight 7-8 flights a day
Great co-workers, Long hours, Great Overtime
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: overtime. fun atmosphere
Cons: mandatory overtime on days off.
If you like working in all types of weather this is great for you. working in rain, snow, and extreme heat 8-16 hours a day sometime more. Great overtime pay, x1.5, x2, and x3 pay on holidays. Fast pace work loading and unloading aircraft.
Very productive and fun loving place, never get bored.
Aircraft Sr. Service Engineer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: nice family oriented environments, good benifets, proverb coworkers
Cons: high medical and no stocks options
every day is a challenge day, move airplanes to gate as fast as I can with safe condition. Full all compliane prior to aircraft return to service. Very motivated people to work with, superb company and nice and great environment. Learn fuselage skin repair, flight control rigging trouble shooting, engine rigging and trouble shooting, pretty advance knowledge in all ATA codes, handle all daily issues related to aircraft. Very cooperative coworkers to work with and work as a team player. the hardest part of my job is to move the plane with minimum interval of time with full compliance. The most enjoyable part of my job is a fun loving environmet with party every week to see each others regarding company standing and forthcoming events.
Great company, I'm just service oriented verses the ramp operation.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 12, 2015
Loading and unloading aircraft. Great people to work around. However I'm not 19 anymore and wanted to get back into the customer service aspect of the airline. Working around the aircraft was enjoyable.
Best company I have ever worked for!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Southwest Airlines is the world's largest low-cost carrier and 4th largest airline in the world by both passengers and passenger miles flown, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, USA. The airline started operations in 1971, currently has an estimated 44,831 employees and operates more than 3,400 flights per day carrying the most domestic passengers of any U.S. airline. Southwest Airlines currently has scheduled service to 93 destinations in 41 states, the Caribbean and Central America.
Wonderful place to work
Operations Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: happy passengers, satisfaction of a great day, 401k, benefits
Cons: weather delaying flights, weight and balance issues causing people to be bumped off the aircraft for safety reasons.
I love working at Southwest Airlines. Dealing with customers(passengers) and fellow workers was something I will cherish. Helping customers get on the aircraft and sending them to their destinations was a joy. At times the passengers were upset because of delays but I tried to make it as pleasant as possible. I love to deal with different people as I enjoy people.
Not so hot
Agent (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2015
The company offers a great product to the customers. As far as the work goes, it was always a 2 man crew. The work was a lot for 2 people to do. These aircraft would come 100% full and you only had 20 minutes to do a complete turn around. Just glad that I was able to experience what the company was all about.
5 Stars
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2015
At the Charleston International Airport I begin each day knowing that I will provide legendary customer service by handling ticketing, baggage check-in, baggage claims, reservations, information inquiries and resolving complaints and solving difficult travel situations when needed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As – Read more

Southwest Airlines Photos