Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Great company but poor mangement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2017
in reservations the morale is soo low
we are just a number and its all about profit
the benefits are great free flights ect profit sharing
but you are micro managed
there is no challenge in the job at all
its the same stuff day in and day out booking reservations canceling them ect, its the same stuff
management doesnt care about you at all
the team leads at least some dont know what they are doing yet are team leads
Pros
free flights
Cons
management and our leadership and we are just a number
Great company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2017
Southwest Airlines is an amazing company to work for and great culture that truly cares for it s people. Great benefits including the flight benefits on southwest as well as other airlines.
Lots Of SouthWest LUV
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2017
Very good rewarding job.. only drawback is as a new hire, u are expected to pull 5x the the weight of your senior counterparts, for the simple fact they are protected by the union and your not
Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and a work environment that is conducive to production. The company culture cannot be beat by anyone else.
Review
Cust Serv Rep (Current Employee) –  somewhereAugust 17, 2017
I will first say the benefits as far as flying and medical dental are very good and the culture with the airline are great. But if you work or want to work in the call center...... please think again.
The management is a joke with no real leaders, Its soo micro managed its not even funny. You have to clock in and out for your breaks and lunch and if you go over by 2 minutes you get written up.We accrue sick time to use but if we use it you get an occurance against you. I have never worked for a company who has sick time to use it and you get penalized if you do. Its super sad because SWA is a great company but the environment is so bland. No call is different, all calls are basically the same, there is no challenge to the job, you do not work as a team as you literally sit in a cubical and when its time to go home, you do not think about work at all, at least I don't.

Again great company but the leaders are horrendous , they do not give any leeway,,,, second chances...... its buy the book, some will say well if they do a favor for one they have to do it for all,, some cases are different but they do not see that and that's why the morale is at its lowest .
Great job with great benefits
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
It was a good job I messed it up so that is on me. Other than that they provide everything you need and it is a union job so you get paid pretty well especially after your there a while, like 11 years lol
Pros
good company
Cons
losing the luv slowly but surely
IT Department has Drama
Core Network Engineer F5 SME (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
Southwest signed an IT outsourcing agreement which drove considerable drama. The people across their Business Units and IT departments were good to work with on a day to day, projects basis.
Pros
Variety of activities and plenty of hands on
Cons
IT outsourcing drama
Very productive place
Epass Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2017
To work for Southwest Airlines was a great adventure. My time was great and I met a lot of great people. And learn a great deal of knowledge. I will cherish each moment.
it was a great place to work
Reservation Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with Southwest Airlines very much. I took early retirement in 2005 to go back to school (the grass is not greener on the other side) the company was ran very well, management was great, the benefits could not be beat.they gave employees and our families the ability to travel world wide. they matched out 4o1k 100%. we had profit sharing and the insurance was amazing. They also gave us 1 paid day off each month.
Pros
everything
Cons
Bidding on your shift
Productive and well trained
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2017
Worked for southwest 13 years as a flight attendant, excellent employee. Company has much room for advancement. Many cities abe to relocate. Union pay. Contract renewed every. 2 Years. Many different personalities to meet for lifetime friends. Productive and fun.
Pros
Flexability
Ground Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2017
Great company overall, but awful management and moral at a local level. Most of the time it feels like you are just a number to the company. Benefits are good, but the work is not. Very unfulfilling job.
Pros
Free flights
southwest awesome
Structure Repair Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
awesome airline to work for culture and work enviorment... good leadership and focus on safety and reliability. customer service #1 priority saftey of aircraft 1st priority
Fast paced
Ramp Agent / Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 10, 2017
You are out in the elements much of your shift. Bags are heavy and the hours can get long. Flying for free is very good perk to this job. Many good times.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Working in the elements
Lay back job with a complacent enviroment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80249August 9, 2017
Job with great benefits but the environment has to many complacent people. People are cool but sometimes the environment can be really had on the Ramp Agents and getting paid too little for a long period of time.
productive work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDAugust 9, 2017
•Greeted passengers, verified tickets and directed passengers to assigned seats.
•Addressed passengers concerns and delayed and canceled flights and resolved the issue through action.
•Explained the use of safety equipment and answered passengers questions.
•Relayed updates and information to passengers in a friendly and timely manner
Pros
They treat you as number 1
Cons
hours were rough
Loved my Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 7, 2017
Southwest Airlines was one of the best company to work for. Everyday I love going to work... I have worked for Southwest Airlines for about 11 years and love every day of it.
Fun place to work! Sad I had to leave
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2017
This was one of the BEST place I have ever worked. Friendly people, a company that has a true passion for the not only the people they serve but also for its employees. Fair pay and flexible schedule.
Fun Job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2017
Traveling was a plus. Management always changing. Not very compassionate about their employees. Didn't appreciate dedicated employees. Didn't pay attention to details.
Pros
travel
Cons
management was always changing
Great company
Customer Care Representative/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2017
Excellent benefits, I'm retired and my wife and I fly free for the rest of our lives. Parents, too. Great work environment. Consistent raises. Fun atmosphere.
All and all Southwest was a good place to work regarding the social environment.
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxAugust 3, 2017
The application we supported was 15 years old and
therefor ownership became an issue. Being a contractor,
this left us with little authority to make contributions
and/or changes of our own.

Our managers were moved to another unit and the application
was eventually replaced by another team.

Communication between the teams was good regarding
projects and achievements. We had team meetings and demos every two weeks.
Pros
Happy hours every month. There was a good relationship between all the workers
Cons
This good relationship however did not translate into success to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.