Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

flexible work place
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
The flight benefits are great,but the pay is not very good. You bid for schedules, so seniority is very important. You can switch days off easily and take days off without pay if the call center is slow.
An environment that utlizes fun to promote outstanding customer service.
Sales Supervisor - Team Leader to 23 agents (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: None
Not before or since have I worked with a company that sincerely cares for its employees - top to bottom. Truly one of the few companies that understand that the survival of a company is mostly based on the care the frontline employees receive their leaders.
Great company
Maintenance Material Stores Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Fun place to be. Friendly atmosphere.
Cons: Difficult to get hired onto the company.
Southwest Airlines is a great company to work for. The culture of the company is very fun, loving and laid back. I worked at HQ as an intern and the halls of each building are filled with photos and the history of Southwest. It's difficult to get hired onto the company, but once you're in, you're in.
Great Experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2015
Very nice. I am a hard worker with excellent work ethic. I enjoyed constantly learning and engaging with my co workers and customers.
Developed into a reliable and productive leader while at SWA.
Operations supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2015
At SWA I learned a great deal about logistics and resolving operational issues. I also was a leader of roughly 18-23 people a day. I learned many managerial, administrative, and operational skills in my time at Southwest.
FUN TO WORK FOR
Flight Attendant/Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Incentives, daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly
Cons: Scheduling based on Seniority
Southwest was a fun place to work for not only the people you work with are great but a lot of the customers as well. The perks of traveling for discounted rates didn't hurt either.
Fun environment
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Fun staff
Cons: Weather delays
I enjoyed working for a professional company. It was a fun company to work for. I enjoyed working for such a great company. They truly you like family.
Fun workplace with great benefits and opportunities
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Travel benefits and meeting people from all over the country
Cons: Commuting via plane to work and long work hours in cases of delays
SWA is very much a family airline. Fun is always mixed in with the daily business. It has given me to opportunity to meet so many different people in different environments and has given me experience in many different areas. As a flight attendant I can be called upon to be a nurse, travel agent, babysitter, scheduler, safety inspector, police officer, receptionist or counselor. I enjoy working alone or with my crew as both are requirements. Enthusiasm and a positive attitude are something I always bring to the job, and are part of making it a pleasant work experience for not only myself and co-workers but my passengers as well.
Outgoing, Caring, Great company
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Arlington VAJuly 3, 2015
i learned alot from different co-workers, and management each and everyday. im real easy to communicate and to get along with.
a very nice place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 1, 2015
the company is a very nice place to work for. i learned a lot about the job i had. the people were a very nice group of people to work with.
Meet many great people and work in a fast paced invironment
Operations Agent (former Ramp Supervisor) (Current Employee), Boise, IDJune 28, 2015
Pros: Work with great people, both co-workers and customers
Cons: New school style of Management has taken away from an outstanding culture we once cherished
Work with many great Internal and External people. Many great relationships built. It is fun to be put in the hot seat when things don't go as planned and have to figure out the best new course of action.
traveling was very enjoyable
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: fly for free
Cons: away from home alot
A typical day would be traveling from city to city while taking care of customers and staying in some beautiful hotels. The best part of the job was taking care of the customers and being able to see beautiful cities across the country. The hardest part of the job was being away a lot, making it difficult to have any personal relations.Work culture was very much encouraged.
Feeling the LUV
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 20, 2015
I enjoy working for SWA with my lovely CO-hearts!
SWA gives people the freedom to move about the COUNTRY & beyond!
I work for the BEST airline in the industry!
Fast paced,productive work conditions.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: the free travel was a added perk, as well as, dicounted hotel stays.
Cons: Sometimes there was no satisfying the client which was a disappointment.
Intercepted mishandled traveler's calls from phone agents to better serve the customer. Listened to the caller's concerns and offered a solution in an effort to reconcile the situation.
Fund Loving Family Environment, Flexible
Charge Back Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas TexasJune 15, 2015
Complete work load, monthly festive events, Hardest part of the job was the distance, Flexible scheduled work hour week (40 Hours).
Stability, great benefits. Most enjoyable was the co-workers.
The CEO was connected in with a Heart to serve the people as well as the Company.
Great peers
Cs&s (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free Flights, CoWorkers
Cons: Low Pay, Sexist, Over Worked, Favortisim
Working at Southwest was a dream come true. In 2011 the company was very much about its people, and its famous luv culture. I worked in the contact center in Albuquerque, NM. Its very much like being a part of a family. Management on the other hand had moved on and started to be more corporate, as directed by Dallas, and became cold and uninterested in the employee, and their unions needs. They turned the reservations centers into Sales, requiring we sell addition services and products. Even if the customer advised they didn't want any "Sales Pitches." The environment became hostile, it was them versus us. I loved helping people get to where they needed to be and connect them to what matters most to them, their loved ones and business. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who have an issue with how the company works, and operates. Essentially trying to please a customer that someone at my level has no control over or ability to change anything.
Fun fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Associate/ Station Trainer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: benefits, culture
Cons: work life balance
Excellent benefits, great employer/employee relationships
Company culture and motto mirrors that of my own
Fun exciting work environment
Job security
ramp fun
Ramp Logistics and Trainer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: sometimes long hours
this was a great environment for work. it was a true team spirit of the airlines that is southwest airlines.

we worked hard, but still had the attitude of fun while doing our jobs at the highest level.
Overall Fun & Relaxed working environment
Sr. Financial Refunds Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free Flight
Cons: Poor Career Advancement
A typical day at Southwest is relaxed without any dress code. You are given daily, monthly & quarterly assignments that are to be completed in a timely manner. Some assignments are more time consuming than others but thats where good personal time management comes into place.

I learned the importance of planning for the future. I witnessed a fortune 500 company plan two years out on becoming an International Airline. I know how important every detail is to completing the task at hand.

Management are mostly out of sight and in meeting daily. Rare interaction with them besides passing in the – more... Hallways or team events/department functions.

Most co workers have been with the company 10 years + so it was relatively hard to find a common ground with many but I did meet some wonderful people.

The hardest part of the job for myself was trying to figure out how I would advance in my career. There seemed to be a glass ceiling on your career if you were not befriended by a small group of employees who always moved up and took each others position when one moves up in the company.

The most enjoyable part is definitely the flight benefits! Hands down that is the best part of the job. Flying free is amazing! – less
Productive company with a great culture
Manager of Command Center (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 6, 2015
Great work environment where you can have fun and work hard. Learned a lot about the aviation industry while working in several different departments.