Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2016
It is a great company to work and only need good trainer during probation periods to new hire Most trainers are not at the stander of company.they just become trainer to gets SWA POINTS, they need professional training to trained the new hire and Southwest Airlines DALLAS have great training center with trainers and they warm welcome to new members.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
NEED EXPERIENCE TRAINERS TO TRAIN NEW HIRE
fun company culture--difficult job
Customer Relations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
answering escalated phone calls from upset travelers was the hardest part of the job. by the time they got to me they were pretty upset at the situation. Although given tools to assist the day was very draining along with having to meet certain metrics on a daily basis. Co-Workers were great to work with. the company started to make changes to become a bigger player in the industry and the culture became less important than the numbers.
Pros
lots of parties, and events
Cons
became more of a numbers culture than a customer service culture
Excellent Company
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2016
Southwest Airlines has been an incredible career. Everyday is a new day. Filled with different challenges daily. TRying to help passengers who have been effected by delays and cancellations etc. Always keeping compassion first. I always place myself in the customers position and treat them the way I would want to be treated. Everyone has a story that we don't know.
Fast-paced
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2016
Your typical work-day consists of working flight after flight each day, which takes a lot of energy. After working your flights you retire to a hotel in a different city each day.

I've learned how to manage in those cities alone, with limited options for meals and entertainment, therefore, getting accustomed to being alone will be a priority for you.

Management is always a phonecall away as well as co-workers being willing to share a meal or a cab with you. As long as you're on time for your assignments, you won't have any trouble from them.

Being able to travel to so many cities is enjoyable but at the same time extremely lonely. It can also become costly getting around town if you're stationed at an airport hotel with no transportation.

Overall, this job can be as exciting as you want it to be, but you may become homesick for family.
a fun spirited company that requires 110% dedication and hard workers♥
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2016
Southwest Airlines is the ultimate place to work. We worked hard and occasionally we'd play hard!!! Yes, this is a fun-loving, servants heart and warrior spirit place to work. This suited me very well. If you are fortunate enough to work at head-quarters in Dallas, there is a gourmet chef on 5th floor waiting to make your lunch just the way you need it. Many great perks. ♥♥♥♥
Pros
fly for free
Cons
worked holidays and weekends until you are there about 8-10 years
Extremely high call volumn with customer service. I enjoyed helping customers with reservations traveling around the world.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2016
Handled customers needs to travel and any customer complaints. One of the best companies to work for and loved my co-workers. Took early retirement when they closed the Dallas office.
Pros
benifits
Cons
closing of the Dallas Reservatins office
It was a party environment everyday. Lots of fun.
Customer Service and Support Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2016
Started everyday by reviewing the systems weather delays, upcoming promotions and your daily scheduled meetings.
Answered customer's phone calls regarding a variety of concerns.
Researched routes, fares, schedules, accounts, credits etc.
Attended recurrent training meetings.
Enjoyed volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House.
Did not enjoy informing customer's of delayed, rerouted or cancelled flights.
Pros
Company gatherings and events.
Cons
Unexpected long hours and manditory overtime.
great job, management not so
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2016
You feel like in the beginning they want you to succeed but you soon find out that something like getting sick once can get you terminated it becomes a whole different company. Employee reviews become personal attacks that can get you fired. The actual job it's self is awesome, working with the customers is the best ever and the opportunity to see the world is second to none.
Cons
management
Work hard and play hard
Inflight Payroll Auditor and Leave Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
This is absolutely a great company; the benefits and perks are wonderful. The company provide stability and growth but you have to be open and willing take and explore opportunities. The department can be very strict and less forgiving but overall, while I was there I enjoyed it.
Pros
Overall a great company
Cons
That particular department was not easy to work in (management).
A company who takes it's people (and fun) very seriously.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2016
My time as a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines was filled with excitement and adventure. To be trusted with the safety and security of approximately 200 people gave me an enormous sense of pride. I knew that Southwest would not hire anyone who did not possess a combination of both exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain control of the entire cabin in the event of a life-threatening emergency. At Southwest, safety and customer care are of utmost importance because providing it's passengers the best of these is how the company became one of the most successful airlines in the industry. It is a company of people who understand the need for serious attitudes toward safety, yet also understand the inherent fun and adventure that traveling provides. I feel honored to have had the experience there.
Monekia Dabney Southwest Airline Rep
Customer Service / Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2016
Providing excellent hospitality to our customers is our everyday goal. The mission is to first take care of one another and next fulfill our customers needs and wants. The toughest part of working for a major airlines is missing out on family events such as Christmas and Thanksgiving due air travel. But completing my day knowing I satisfied someone, keeps me smiling and empowered.
Benefits
Cons
Away from home
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2016
you have the freedom to transfer to other cities, free travel, great company, benefits and company culture, can be fast paced, must like the public and must have an outgoing personality, also have to be ready to jump into any situation that may present itself
Pros
great culture, benefits, free travel
Cons
new company after retirement of Herb
Great Culture
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for SWA! Its definitely a fun loving company! Your co workers become your family. We have the tendency to spoil our passengers, however the company spoils its employees just the same. great perks company parties, company feeds the employees very often, free travel for employees, children and spouses. Overall Amazing company. best compensation of all the other airlines.
Pros
wonderful culture. work is fun
Cons
can be stressful at time, passengers arent always nice
php developer
PHP Word Press Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2016
its good to work with southwest airlines,i learned so much in this company,the management of this company also supporting me very well,and my co workers also gave me full support to work,their is no hardest part in this company,we are all enjoying very well and i have done my work also very well.thank you for southwest airlines to gave me such a wonderful opportunity.
Best Experience ever
Learning Strategy and Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2016
I never expected a corporate environment to be as much fun and awesome as Southwest Airlines. Everyone there is extremely friendly and a pleasure to work with. The balance of work and fun was phenomenal and the flight benefits was a major bonus.
Pros
free flight benefits
Cons
no free lunches
i love the airline indusrty
CUSTER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  LondonMarch 11, 2016
I am a people person , I like being out in public and helping people. I am great at customer service and communicating with people. handle I stress situations with ease. Have had cpr training and / first aid . enjoy working with the public and get along well with others.
Pros
i never give up .. i am always detremed to get th job done what it may be
Cons
i sometmes try to hard to be the best i can be.
Great Company
RAMP AGENT (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 26, 2016
A great company to work for, with lots of great benefits and room for advancement and travel. The hardest part of being a ramp agent is working in extreme weather and temperatures
Pros
Free Flights, great health insurence, profit sharing, garunteed yearly raises, union
Cons
Working in extream weather.
The most rewarding job.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
-This is a company that has really figured it out.
-There moto is put your employees first and they will always put your customers first.
-Be willing to put your time in due to everything is done by seniority but when you get it this is a very fun job.
Pros
Everything is done by seniority
Cons
Sometimes it takes a couple of years to get good seniority.
Great
Systems and Processes Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
This is a great Company to work at. Probably one of the best to be at and the people and the culture is just brilliant. I learned a lot here, and it's mostly about how to treat people at work and how to make everyone happy along with the technical skills,
Pros
Great Comapny
Cons
Superb CEO
Good Job but the Lifestyle is Challenging
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2016
This job can be a lot of fun, but it will start to be a burden if your company and union does not support a good job/life balance. The work load gets heavier and more detailed, and having a reasonably normal life with your family is very hard. Even if you are a senior flight attendant, it is hard to have a balanced lifestyle.

The good part is you get to travel, see new places, and meet thousands of new people. You get to have fun on the job (within reason). If you are lucky, you can fly and work with some of the most loving and caring employees in the world.

Again, it can be a great job, but be certain you are ready for the sacrifices it entails.
Pros
Good Pay, Travel, Meeting new people
Cons
No good job/life balance, rude customers, more support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5