Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines United States Employee Reviews

Very busy office
Flight Attendant - Inflight Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: Low pay range
Very busy office and constantly on the go. I enjoy staying busy and doing several things at once. This position required a lot of multitasking.
productive
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 9, 2015
great company to work for. More Pros than cons when
working for southwest. A fun place to work management always given the extra helping hand
Sorry this was a miss for me
Sr. Sql Server Database Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: New industry
Cons: just about every aspect of it for me.
This was not a good fit for me, but that was because I did not ask enough questions about the situation.

The whole team for me was about pointing fingers and blaming the contractors. So it was not a pleasant place to work as a contractor. Now an employee could do no wrong. So that being said it may have been very different if I was an employee.

That also being said, this was my experience and I am not sure anyone else may have a different experience than mine.
Family Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
This company is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I didn't like that the schedules were based off seniority is my only real issue with the company. Besides having 2 consecutive days off, the company also gives you an extra day on them (paid) for you to have off each month. Flight benefits were great always, very nice and friendly family oriented environment.
Had fun hanging out with friends and co workers
Ramp agent (Former Employee), Las vegasApril 2, 2015
It was fun to see cool co workers daily. the management was horrible though. the CEO was absolute garbage. all he cared about was money and not at all what the employees had.
Worked for one of the top-ten companies as listed in most business magazines
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Based in Dallas, Phoenix, Oakland, Las VegasMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great flight benefits on SWA as well as other airlines
Cons: Long work days covering the United States
Working for Southwest Airlines for 30 years was a very enjoyable experience. As a Flight Attendant you have to be courteous, polite, and flexible. If and when you have a medical emergency or emergency landing, you have to keep yourself together. I had my fair share of emergencies and you have to remain calm, going through your emergency procedures, as well as briefing the passengers on what the situation is. I would say the hardest part of the job was dealing with hundreds of different people in a day. Your constantly walking up and down the aisle checking on passengers. You also have the duty of taking care of the flight crew (pilots). It's very hard work, but rewarding. The best part of flying was over-nighting in different cities and sightseeing if it wasn't snowing, raining, or the weather had changed. Working with my co-workers was also a bonus.
Great culture and atmosphere!
Project Manager (Current Employee), HeadquartersMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: Long Commute
Good work/life balance. Exciting new projects. The culture is friendly and very helpful - not political. Great business users.
Most enjoyable job.
CSA (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
Keeping fully informed on information for our passengers. rescheduling and accommodating passengers.
I learned that when a company puts their employees first yogurt better results with the customers.
I loved working close with my managers. They kept me well informed with policy's and procedures.
The hardest part was when our schedules were late interrupted out passengers schedules.
I loved working for SWA because we became a family. Even twosome of our frequent flyers.
fun
Flight Operations Crew Training Scheduling II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) is a major U.S. airline and the world's largest low-cost carrier, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. The airline was established in 1967[3] and adopted its current name in 1971.[4] The airline has nearly 46,000 employees as of December 2014 and operates more than 3,400 flights per day.[5] As of June 5, 2011, it carries the most domestic passengers of any U.S. airline.[6] As of November 2014, Southwest Airlines has scheduled service to 93 destinations in 41 states, Puerto Rico and abroad.
Productive and fun place
Associate Buyer-Contract (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: lunches and parties
Cons: none
Perfect Work environment, Everyone has smile on their face, make you feel comfortable at work , learned new system operations,
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Relations Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: appreciation lunches, friendly coworkers
Cons: on calls for long hours
A typical day at work is friendly energized coworkers and other staff greeting you with a smile and laughs. Answer customers inquiries over the phone on their Rapid Reward accounts try to resolve them the best of my ability. This is a full-time position the hardest part is not being able to please every customer with conditions of policies and procedures that we have in place. The most enjoyable part is assisting them, making them happy, being able to get them to their destinations and hearing people from different cultural backgrounds.
Great job with great benefits including free flights for life
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2015
Pros: pretty much my own boss as it was independent work
Cons: long hours but enjoyable
Real satisfying and enjoyable work I loved coming to work every day I learned great customer service skills with a good rapport with all supervisors The day flew by quickly as I was having fun visiting with a great variety of people and helping them with their travel plans
Great co-workers
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Nashville,TNMarch 18, 2015
The best part of the job for me was the people I worked with. We were all a big family for the most part. Fun place to work, however, it had its downsides like every job. Management could have been improved on in my opinion.
Great company for the Right people
Payroll Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2015
I love this company and am sad to have had so many roadblocks for advancement. The people are wonderful, the culture is amazing, the compensation is okay but you can 'fly for free' which has also been a lot harder the last couple of years.

I have been in the same position for long enough to run the joint, however my attempts to move around in the department and outside the department have been thwarted.

I am a top performer and work extremely hard and diligently when I am doing my job. I go outside of my realm to help those around me and my customers. I have been working so hard and yet have not been promoted and that is why my rating is lower.

For interns coming in, you have no idea what opportunity you are being given. I worked outside this company for enough years to know it's a wonderland. Please take advantage of your opportunities given by management.
Fun place to work, fast paced environment
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: long commute
A typical day consisted of loading/unloading aircraft, pushing back aircraft with machinery. working as a team player
Good as a means to pay your bills
Provisioning Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
Pros: benefits are decent
Cons: core company values are not consistent throughout the system.
I would not recommend using this job as a means to retire. The contracts are not respected. Managements expectations are unrealistic with the unsafe work conditions.
It was a great place to work
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2015
Pros: being able to be in control in my work place
Cons: taking breaks as often as needed.
The experience I gained with this company is the privilege is being able to actually help someone out of a difficult situation and being to acheive positive results.
great
RAMP AGENT (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: time
Cons: short break
Utilized customer service and pre-selling techniques to articulate available portrait options.
 Applied appropriate photography techniques to photograph subjects in the school setting adhering
to strict guidelines and time frames
 Responsible for managing multiple photography projects such as school, sports, and identification
photography in various schools across Los Angeles County
Sothwest airlines is great place to work with great work life balance
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2015
Absolutely love working for this company, everyone you see is friendly and kind. Great atmosphere and its always something fun happening at work. The company makes sure that the employees are happy doing their job. Love the motto " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Great company to work for
Very productive and a Great place to work.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Chicago Midway AirportMarch 4, 2015
To start out my day as an Ramp Agent was to find out what gate i was to work for that day. Getting my gate setup. Head over to Operations to get my flight schedule's as to when my flights out coming in and departing. I really enjoyed marshalling in the planes into the gate area as well as pushing the plaines out to the taxi lanes. (see resume for more information)

1 2 3 4 5

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As – Read more

Southwest Airlines Photos