Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Meet many great people and work in a fast paced invironment
Operations Agent (former Ramp Supervisor) (Current Employee), Boise, IDJune 28, 2015
Pros: Work with great people, both co-workers and customers
Cons: New school style of Management has taken away from an outstanding culture we once cherished
Work with many great Internal and External people. Many great relationships built. It is fun to be put in the hot seat when things don't go as planned and have to figure out the best new course of action.
traveling was very enjoyable
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: fly for free
Cons: away from home alot
A typical day would be traveling from city to city while taking care of customers and staying in some beautiful hotels. The best part of the job was taking care of the customers and being able to see beautiful cities across the country. The hardest part of the job was being away a lot, making it difficult to have any personal relations.Work culture was very much encouraged.
Feeling the LUV
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 20, 2015
I enjoy working for SWA with my lovely CO-hearts!
SWA gives people the freedom to move about the COUNTRY & beyond!
I work for the BEST airline in the industry!
Fast paced,productive work conditions.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
Pros: the free travel was a added perk, as well as, dicounted hotel stays.
Cons: Sometimes there was no satisfying the client which was a disappointment.
Intercepted mishandled traveler's calls from phone agents to better serve the customer. Listened to the caller's concerns and offered a solution in an effort to reconcile the situation.
Fund Loving Family Environment, Flexible
Charge Back Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas TexasJune 15, 2015
Complete work load, monthly festive events, Hardest part of the job was the distance, Flexible scheduled work hour week (40 Hours).
Stability, great benefits. Most enjoyable was the co-workers.
The CEO was connected in with a Heart to serve the people as well as the Company.
Great peers
Cs&s (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free Flights, CoWorkers
Cons: Low Pay, Sexist, Over Worked, Favortisim
Working at Southwest was a dream come true. In 2011 the company was very much about its people, and its famous luv culture. I worked in the contact center in Albuquerque, NM. Its very much like being a part of a family. Management on the other hand had moved on and started to be more corporate, as directed by Dallas, and became cold and uninterested in the employee, and their unions needs. They turned the reservations centers into Sales, requiring we sell addition services and products. Even if the customer advised they didn't want any "Sales Pitches." The environment became hostile, it was them versus us. I loved helping people get to where they needed to be and connect them to what matters most to them, their loved ones and business. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who have an issue with how the company works, and operates. Essentially trying to please a customer that someone at my level has no control over or ability to change anything.
Fun fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Associate/ Station Trainer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: benefits, culture
Cons: work life balance
Excellent benefits, great employer/employee relationships
Company culture and motto mirrors that of my own
Fun exciting work environment
Job security
ramp fun
Ramp Logistics and Trainer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: sometimes long hours
this was a great environment for work. it was a true team spirit of the airlines that is southwest airlines.

we worked hard, but still had the attitude of fun while doing our jobs at the highest level.
Overall Fun & Relaxed working environment
Sr. Financial Refunds Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free Flight
Cons: Poor Career Advancement
A typical day at Southwest is relaxed without any dress code. You are given daily, monthly & quarterly assignments that are to be completed in a timely manner. Some assignments are more time consuming than others but thats where good personal time management comes into place.

I learned the importance of planning for the future. I witnessed a fortune 500 company plan two years out on becoming an International Airline. I know how important every detail is to completing the task at hand.

Management are mostly out of sight and in meeting daily. Rare interaction with them besides passing in the – more... Hallways or team events/department functions.

Most co workers have been with the company 10 years + so it was relatively hard to find a common ground with many but I did meet some wonderful people.

The hardest part of the job for myself was trying to figure out how I would advance in my career. There seemed to be a glass ceiling on your career if you were not befriended by a small group of employees who always moved up and took each others position when one moves up in the company.

The most enjoyable part is definitely the flight benefits! Hands down that is the best part of the job. Flying free is amazing! – less
Productive company with a great culture
Manager of Command Center (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 6, 2015
Great work environment where you can have fun and work hard. Learned a lot about the aviation industry while working in several different departments.
Fun and challenging work environment
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Corporate Facilities Project ManagerJune 5, 2015
Pros: Fun working environment
Cons: None
I enjoyed my time working at Southwest Airlines. It was a very fun and challenging work environment. Interior Design and Project Management are the areas of concentration I'm currently looking for.
Sr. Java Consultant (Current Employee), DallasJune 3, 2015
Lots of fun at work place., Projects are planned and executed very well. Great work /life balance.., will recommend this place to anyone
productive
Java Developer (Former Employee), TXMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun work environment while providing friendly assistance to our Customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment.
Cons: None.
Southwest Airlines provides Customer Service with warmth, friendliness, and a desire to assist customers and fellow employees as well. The satisfaction received from helping others is the most enjoyable part of the day.
Fun place
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 25, 2015
if your looking for a fun place to work this is the job for you. I have regretted leaving southwest airlines since I left. It was to far from my place a residents and in Indiana where there were no jobs at all I had to take it being more then an hour away from home.
Excellent company to work for
Project/Program Manager (Contractor) - Technology (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, team work and company culture
Cons: Everyone starts with two weeks vacation - no exceptions
Southwest Airlines (SWA) is an excellent company to work for. The atmosphere is unparallelled in my experience, and I have never seen the commitment and support that I received at any other company that I have worked for. Management was both supportive and appreciative of their employees efforts, trusting them to be professional and to do the job, rather than punch a clock. SWA has clearly stated long term goals and growth strategy but, like every company, their are days that are challenging. That said, it is truly a team effort and everyone pulls together to get the job done. Also, management always recognizes their teams efforts and rewards them appropriately.
Super fun and awesome place to work!
Contractor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Awesome place to work! Love it, only wish I lived closer so I could stay long-term but I'm really looking for something closer to home.
Great place to work.
Cabin Services Technology Business Analyst II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Great place to work, they have a good culture and a good environment to learn and grow. I enjoyed my time and experience with great coworkers and great leadership.
friendly and positive work environment with heart
Customer Service and Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: Employees and dependents fly free
Cons: Mandatory overtime
My first experience with Southwest Airlines was extraordinary. The
orientation was professional but fun. The main headquarters in Texas
was very impressive. After extensive training with an instructor that
was not only thorough but patient as well, I officially began my career
with Southwest. As a customer service and support agent, I assisted passengers by phone with online bookings, information concerning air travel, provided flight information and reaccomodated passengers when their flights were disrupted, among many other duties. Our employee reviews were quarterly and our supervisors were the best!
They were always available to us and offered constructive ideas to improve my work performance. The most difficult part of the job was not that it was very challenging but could be very monotonous. I missed the face-to-face interaction with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was, of course, was offering awesome customer service and leaving the caller with a positive experience.
My co workers were always friendly and helpful. Although, some employees just vented about bad experiences they had on the phone, and that could be very annoying.
Fast Pace job that can fun at times but can also be very stressful
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2015
Pros: Various work breaks
Cons: Management versus the employees
No day is the same working as a ramp agent for Southwest Airlines. I have learned that you have to adapt very quickly to various situations around you. Management is always a revolving door and needs to be more stable. The culture for Southwest is OK but has the potential to be way better. However, with contact negotiations at a stand still it can be a very unpleasant place to be at times. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with the weather because if you dont have on the proper attire for the day it can become challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around other co- workers and trying to make the best of your day

1 2 3 4 5

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As – Read more

Southwest Airlines Salaries