Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines United States Employee Reviews

Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: away from home to much
Long Days
Aviation Experience
Hands off Approach by management
Co workers tend to be in their own world
Obtaining cohesion or synergy
Travel and serving customers
Awesome carrier for all young and old
Airport Provisioning Agent (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free flights
Cons: Working in the rain and snow
Very friendly culture, very flexible work hours. People friendly environment with really good supervisors and managers. Family atmosphere and professional. As a provisioning agent the hardest thing for me was pulling the provisioning truck up to the planes for provisioning.
Excellent
SAP BASIS/HANA ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 28, 2015
8+ years of experience as a SAP BASIS Consultant. Has been a part of major projects for the Implementation, Upgrade, scheduled activities and changes in the SAP system, regular maintenance and upgrade. Worked on both Incident and Change management activities as a BASIS consultant. Has been an active participant in Knowledge sharing and KT sessions.Taken up responsibilities for building knowledge bank and making updates/corrections to the existing documents in the repository. Good team player, strong team orientation, hard working and enthusiastic.Excellent Analytical communication and interpersonal skills, capability to build up a good relation with the customers and the team members. Worked with small and large teams with tight time lines of delivery and high SLAs
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Support and Services Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2015
Productive and fun workplace. I enjoyed the experience with great coworkers and great management. I learned and grew a lot as an individual while working for this fine company.
average
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee), jacksonville floridaApril 24, 2015
Pros: great benfits
Cons: To many relatives in management/ very unconfortable if a family memeber dont like you
Southwest airlines needs to break up Families in management located in same stations. If Southwest change the husband and wife teams as well as clicks in the station that are friends with family member it would make a more comfortable place to work
Outstanding culture, diverse people, fantastic benefits and life long friends.
Pilot Crew Scheduler II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Fantastic Benefits, culture, flexibility people and wages.
Cons: Long hours, high stress during inclement weather
Southwest Airlines has a company built on a foundation of Customer Service and core values such as a Warrior Spirit, Fun Luving Attitude and a Servants Heart. Working at Southwest Airlines days were often very long and flexibility was a must, however I was hired to just be myself and make sure that I worked as a team to accomplish a positive customer experience both internally and externally while having fun. My favorite part of the job was being able to walk into a mess and make it right for the customers and employees. My least favorite part of the job was the particular positions that I held were operational so I was unable to attend the culture events that a 9am- 5pm employee had the benefit of attending, however Southwest made it possible for their employees to send a little bit of the LUV even in the Operational positions through the company culture committee.
Very busy office
Flight Attendant - Inflight Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: Low pay range
Very busy office and constantly on the go. I enjoy staying busy and doing several things at once. This position required a lot of multitasking.
productive
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 9, 2015
great company to work for. More Pros than cons when
working for southwest. A fun place to work management always given the extra helping hand
Sorry this was a miss for me
Sr. Sql Server Database Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: New industry
Cons: just about every aspect of it for me.
This was not a good fit for me, but that was because I did not ask enough questions about the situation.

The whole team for me was about pointing fingers and blaming the contractors. So it was not a pleasant place to work as a contractor. Now an employee could do no wrong. So that being said it may have been very different if I was an employee.

That also being said, this was my experience and I am not sure anyone else may have a different experience than mine.
Family Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
This company is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I didn't like that the schedules were based off seniority is my only real issue with the company. Besides having 2 consecutive days off, the company also gives you an extra day on them (paid) for you to have off each month. Flight benefits were great always, very nice and friendly family oriented environment.
Had fun hanging out with friends and co workers
Ramp agent (Former Employee), Las vegasApril 2, 2015
It was fun to see cool co workers daily. the management was horrible though. the CEO was absolute garbage. all he cared about was money and not at all what the employees had.
Worked for one of the top-ten companies as listed in most business magazines
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Based in Dallas, Phoenix, Oakland, Las VegasMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great flight benefits on SWA as well as other airlines
Cons: Long work days covering the United States
Working for Southwest Airlines for 30 years was a very enjoyable experience. As a Flight Attendant you have to be courteous, polite, and flexible. If and when you have a medical emergency or emergency landing, you have to keep yourself together. I had my fair share of emergencies and you have to remain calm, going through your emergency procedures, as well as briefing the passengers on what the situation is. I would say the hardest part of the job was dealing with hundreds of different people in a day. Your constantly walking up and down the aisle checking on passengers. You also have the duty of taking care of the flight crew (pilots). It's very hard work, but rewarding. The best part of flying was over-nighting in different cities and sightseeing if it wasn't snowing, raining, or the weather had changed. Working with my co-workers was also a bonus.
Great culture and atmosphere!
Project Manager (Current Employee), HeadquartersMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Culture
Cons: Long Commute
Good work/life balance. Exciting new projects. The culture is friendly and very helpful - not political. Great business users.
Most enjoyable job.
CSA (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
Keeping fully informed on information for our passengers. rescheduling and accommodating passengers.
I learned that when a company puts their employees first yogurt better results with the customers.
I loved working close with my managers. They kept me well informed with policy's and procedures.
The hardest part was when our schedules were late interrupted out passengers schedules.
I loved working for SWA because we became a family. Even twosome of our frequent flyers.
fun
Flight Operations Crew Training Scheduling II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) is a major U.S. airline and the world's largest low-cost carrier, headquartered in Dallas, Texas. The airline was established in 1967[3] and adopted its current name in 1971.[4] The airline has nearly 46,000 employees as of December 2014 and operates more than 3,400 flights per day.[5] As of June 5, 2011, it carries the most domestic passengers of any U.S. airline.[6] As of November 2014, Southwest Airlines has scheduled service to 93 destinations in 41 states, Puerto Rico and abroad.
Productive and fun place
Associate Buyer-Contract (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: lunches and parties
Cons: none
Perfect Work environment, Everyone has smile on their face, make you feel comfortable at work , learned new system operations,
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Relations Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: appreciation lunches, friendly coworkers
Cons: on calls for long hours
A typical day at work is friendly energized coworkers and other staff greeting you with a smile and laughs. Answer customers inquiries over the phone on their Rapid Reward accounts try to resolve them the best of my ability. This is a full-time position the hardest part is not being able to please every customer with conditions of policies and procedures that we have in place. The most enjoyable part is assisting them, making them happy, being able to get them to their destinations and hearing people from different cultural backgrounds.
Great job with great benefits including free flights for life
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2015
Pros: pretty much my own boss as it was independent work
Cons: long hours but enjoyable
Real satisfying and enjoyable work I loved coming to work every day I learned great customer service skills with a good rapport with all supervisors The day flew by quickly as I was having fun visiting with a great variety of people and helping them with their travel plans
Great co-workers
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Nashville,TNMarch 18, 2015
The best part of the job for me was the people I worked with. We were all a big family for the most part. Fun place to work, however, it had its downsides like every job. Management could have been improved on in my opinion.
Great company for the Right people
Payroll Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2015
I love this company and am sad to have had so many roadblocks for advancement. The people are wonderful, the culture is amazing, the compensation is okay but you can 'fly for free' which has also been a lot harder the last couple of years.

I have been in the same position for long enough to run the joint, however my attempts to move around in the department and outside the department have been thwarted.

I am a top performer and work extremely hard and diligently when I am doing my job. I go outside of my realm to help those around me and my customers. I have been working so hard and yet have not been promoted and that is why my rating is lower.

For interns coming in, you have no idea what opportunity you are being given. I worked outside this company for enough years to know it's a wonderland. Please take advantage of your opportunities given by management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As – Read more

Southwest Airlines Salaries