Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

One of the best companies to work for!
Sr Infrastructure/TWS Admin - Infrastructure Team (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2016
Great work culture, great atmosphere and great people! Lot of things to learn and no stress or pressure of any kind! Highly recommended!
Daily work
Provo agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 26, 2016
Stock galleys and deal with flight attendants all day
Know what goes inside the galley , drive a box truck on airport With airport rules
Pros
Fly free
Cons
No schedule lunch
Great Enviornment
CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SERVICES (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
Fun place to work, team leads are helpful and coworkers are awesome. Company always shows its appreciation for all their employees do. Always encouraging us to do better.
Professional Place to work in
Senior Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2016
One of the most professional, organized and fun atmosphere to be in as a software tester.

It was an opportunity to work with a high level experienced managers, developers, tech leads and testers those added a lot to my experience.

Fun, Happy, Smooth is how i can shortly describe the project i was part of in Southwest Airlines.
Pros
free lunches, a lot of team activities, etc..
Change or die
CS and Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
Working within an environment of to much workplace romance makes for a toxic environment in management wife's husband girlfriend boyfriends and partnerships is way to much for this outsider.
Cons
Management in the stations are very cliques, work place relationships makes for a toxic environment change or die
Productive and fun
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2016
Enjoy meeting new employees and passenger and working with a great company and management team of professionals. Also the training was excellent in Dallas, TX.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Great place
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2016
Great place,great weather,great people, best place ever. everybody is very friendly and helpful, no issues or complaints. awesome work place.
Friendly place
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2016
Overall, a great company. They also provide you with great benefits, e.g., being able to fly for free. Everyone there is incredibly friendly and always willing to help out!
I enjoyed inbound calls very much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2016
The phone was my time clock. I was on inbound calls. The public was great and had no problems assisting them with there needs. If I needed assistance which was rear they were there for me. I learned that even when someone was upset it was not at me, but there situation that could not be helped. I would do what they needed and gave them the rules so they would not loose there money. All in all it would be a win win situation for them and Southwest. Always a team player and you will never find a better class of employees. The hardest part of the jobs was not to get your heat broken when the traveler can't go on the trip and crying in your ear ( Emergency's ) The enjoyable part is all the great people I could talk to and help.
Pros
employees and clients that I came in contact with
Cons
the hurt that comes through
The quality of the work environment has declined in the past few years
IT FIELD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2016
The work/life balance has declined to the point where it does not exist. Also, management is rather poor and treats their employees like a commodity and not as people. It is not worth the headache of working for Southwest Airlines Technology at this time.
Pros
Non-Rev flying
Cons
no work/life balance
great company
Ground Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 3, 2016
Company needs to be more involved with the lowest level workers. Everyday we learn our new system operations. Many coworkers are lazy and are not willing to help others. The hardest part of the job is loading the freight and the poor attitudes.
Pros
job security, full benits, 401k match, profit sharing, free flights
Cons
peers, attitudes, management, pay
Awesome company culture and co-workers!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
Being a flight attendant is perfect for someone with little or no "responsibilities" at home. A very difficult job to have a balanced home/work life if married with or without children. Can be very lonely if your crew is not outgoing.
Pros
Benefits far exceed compensation, flexible hours
Cons
Long days, work holidays and weekends
Ok comapny to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2016
Yes you do fly free but it's space available so you are really never guaranteed to get on the plane. Busy environment with some really bad calls. Be prepared to get yelled at and cursed at if a flight gets cancelled or delayed. Watch out for certain so called team leaders because the one I had was out to get some of her employees. She was not a real leader and does not provide support. I also felt discrimination against me by her because of my ethnic background. I would never work for Southwest again.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Racist team leader
Productivem Time sensitive airline
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2016
You will work hard but the benefits make it well work it. An amazing company with a great culture but local management can be hard to work for at most times.
Luv Airlines
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2016
I love working for Southwest Airlines. Very friendly and lovable airlines. They LUV the people and employees. Southwest is the best airline to work for.
I
Sr .NET Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
Around 8+ years of experience in IT Industry covering all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) mainly into Analysis, Software Design, Development, Testing, implementation of Web based applications using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Productive place
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2016
Learnt a lot. Was a PM handling a cross platform project with around 7-8 resources reporting to me. I was responsible for the entire SDLC
Our daily mission is to deliver Customer Service with a sense of warmth, friendliness and individual pride
Manager of Customer Service, Ground Operations (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at work begins with arriving 30 mins early to greet my employees as they come in. I carefully review the flight schedule, customer loads and work assignments. I meet with the TSA to discuss staffing requirements. I ensure that all supervisors and employees are present. I monitor the work activity throughout the day, ensuring that safety, security and customer service polices are adhered to. We aim to deliver the highest quality customer service at the lowest possible expense, staying well within company budget guidelines. My fellow Managers and I collectively oversee and mange the various work areas within BWI. The most difficult (but very common!) part of my job is dealing with the unexpected, i.e. cancelled flights, weather delays, maintenance issues. The rewarding part of my job is turning a service failure into a service success!
Pros
postive colleagues, free flights!
Cons
long commute throught hectic traffic
Fantastic Internship
Safety & Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2016
I had an absolute blast working for Southwest. The company treats its employees well and there is a strong sense of community here. Would highly recommend to others!
Pros
Free travel, deck parties, rallies, comany culture
Cons
Cliques
A company who takes it's people (and fun) very seriously.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2016
My time as a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines was filled with excitement and adventure. To be trusted with the safety and security of approximately 200 people gave me an enormous sense of pride. I knew that Southwest would not hire anyone who did not possess a combination of both exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain control of the entire cabin in the event of a life-threatening emergency. At Southwest, safety and customer care are of utmost importance because providing it's passengers the best of these is how the company became one of the most successful airlines in the industry. It is a company of people who understand the need for serious attitudes toward safety, yet also understand the inherent fun and adventure that traveling provides. I feel honored to have had the experience there.

4.5