Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Super fun and awesome place to work!
Contractor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Awesome place to work! Love it, only wish I lived closer so I could stay long-term but I'm really looking for something closer to home.
Great place to work.
Cabin Services Technology Business Analyst II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Great place to work, they have a good culture and a good environment to learn and grow. I enjoyed my time and experience with great coworkers and great leadership.
friendly and positive work environment with heart
Customer Service and Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: Employees and dependents fly free
Cons: Mandatory overtime
My first experience with Southwest Airlines was extraordinary. The
orientation was professional but fun. The main headquarters in Texas
was very impressive. After extensive training with an instructor that
was not only thorough but patient as well, I officially began my career
with Southwest. As a customer service and support agent, I assisted passengers by phone with online bookings, information concerning air travel, provided flight information and reaccomodated passengers when their flights were disrupted, among many other duties. Our employee reviews were quarterly and our supervisors were the best!
They were always available to us and offered constructive ideas to improve my work performance. The most difficult part of the job was not that it was very challenging but could be very monotonous. I missed the face-to-face interaction with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was, of course, was offering awesome customer service and leaving the caller with a positive experience.
My co workers were always friendly and helpful. Although, some employees just vented about bad experiences they had on the phone, and that could be very annoying.
Fast Pace job that can fun at times but can also be very stressful
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2015
Pros: Various work breaks
Cons: Management versus the employees
No day is the same working as a ramp agent for Southwest Airlines. I have learned that you have to adapt very quickly to various situations around you. Management is always a revolving door and needs to be more stable. The culture for Southwest is OK but has the potential to be way better. However, with contact negotiations at a stand still it can be a very unpleasant place to be at times. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with the weather because if you dont have on the proper attire for the day it can become challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around other co- workers and trying to make the best of your day
Fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), East Boston, MAMay 15, 2015
Pros: One Luv
Cons: Not enough direct flights
I Really enjoyed working at Southwest Airlines. I transferred from Atlanta too Boston and they made me feel right at home.
Fun work place
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), EverywhereMay 11, 2015
Completely different lifestyle
Must be flexible and willing to spend much time away from family especially around holidays
Work with varied types of people and serve even more varied types of people.
Okay place to work
General Sales Agent (Former Employee), College Park, GAMay 7, 2015
Southwest Airlines has pros and cons. The benefits are great (401k, profit sharing, flight benefits), but some of the rules and policies are unnecessary and too strict.
Ok Place!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free Flights (when seats are open), great health care, profit sharing
Cons: Very behind the times, pay is behind most airlines, leadership/management
Great Company to work for. They really do have a loving family environment. I work in the Flight Operations Department( Crew Scheduling). There is a lot of turn over within Crew Scheduling departments and within the operations departments as well. Very behind the times in technology and business processes. A lot of the management have been here for years so it makes it very hard to bring new concepts and ideas to the table (afraid of change). But most departments allow internal transfers

There is always
Stressfull but fun workplace with upbeat co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2015
Pros: Health and Flying beneifts
Cons: Work schedule and never off on weekends.
Handling passengers on a daily basis face to face and focusing on their needs to make sure they are happy with their whole experience.

I've learned to be patient and keep calm, with many situations can turn badly while in the airline industry.

My co-workers are what makes my job easier to go into everyday. Always smiling and laughing and making the day go by.

Dealing with the passengers that are not satisfied and can be very up front at some times. Keeping your cool, and professionalism in providing the best customer service to your capability to do what is best for them.

Seeing smiles on the passengers faces when we or I have done something to make their day. Wither, getting them out on an earlier flight to be with family, or just having a general conversation with them about nothing!
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: away from home to much
Long Days
Aviation Experience
Hands off Approach by management
Co workers tend to be in their own world
Obtaining cohesion or synergy
Travel and serving customers
Awesome carrier for all young and old
Airport Provisioning Agent (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free flights
Cons: Working in the rain and snow
Very friendly culture, very flexible work hours. People friendly environment with really good supervisors and managers. Family atmosphere and professional. As a provisioning agent the hardest thing for me was pulling the provisioning truck up to the planes for provisioning.
Excellent
SAP BASIS/HANA ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 28, 2015
8+ years of experience as a SAP BASIS Consultant. Has been a part of major projects for the Implementation, Upgrade, scheduled activities and changes in the SAP system, regular maintenance and upgrade. Worked on both Incident and Change management activities as a BASIS consultant. Has been an active participant in Knowledge sharing and KT sessions.Taken up responsibilities for building knowledge bank and making updates/corrections to the existing documents in the repository. Good team player, strong team orientation, hard working and enthusiastic.Excellent Analytical communication and interpersonal skills, capability to build up a good relation with the customers and the team members. Worked with small and large teams with tight time lines of delivery and high SLAs
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Support and Services Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2015
Productive and fun workplace. I enjoyed the experience with great coworkers and great management. I learned and grew a lot as an individual while working for this fine company.
average
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee), jacksonville floridaApril 24, 2015
Pros: great benfits
Cons: To many relatives in management/ very unconfortable if a family memeber dont like you
Southwest airlines needs to break up Families in management located in same stations. If Southwest change the husband and wife teams as well as clicks in the station that are friends with family member it would make a more comfortable place to work
Outstanding culture, diverse people, fantastic benefits and life long friends.
Pilot Crew Scheduler II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Fantastic Benefits, culture, flexibility people and wages.
Cons: Long hours, high stress during inclement weather
Southwest Airlines has a company built on a foundation of Customer Service and core values such as a Warrior Spirit, Fun Luving Attitude and a Servants Heart. Working at Southwest Airlines days were often very long and flexibility was a must, however I was hired to just be myself and make sure that I worked as a team to accomplish a positive customer experience both internally and externally while having fun. My favorite part of the job was being able to walk into a mess and make it right for the customers and employees. My least favorite part of the job was the particular positions that I held were operational so I was unable to attend the culture events that a 9am- 5pm employee had the benefit of attending, however Southwest made it possible for their employees to send a little bit of the LUV even in the Operational positions through the company culture committee.
Very busy office
Flight Attendant - Inflight Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: Low pay range
Very busy office and constantly on the go. I enjoy staying busy and doing several things at once. This position required a lot of multitasking.
productive
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 9, 2015
great company to work for. More Pros than cons when
working for southwest. A fun place to work management always given the extra helping hand
Sorry this was a miss for me
Sr. Sql Server Database Administrator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: New industry
Cons: just about every aspect of it for me.
This was not a good fit for me, but that was because I did not ask enough questions about the situation.

The whole team for me was about pointing fingers and blaming the contractors. So it was not a pleasant place to work as a contractor. Now an employee could do no wrong. So that being said it may have been very different if I was an employee.

That also being said, this was my experience and I am not sure anyone else may have a different experience than mine.
Family Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
This company is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I didn't like that the schedules were based off seniority is my only real issue with the company. Besides having 2 consecutive days off, the company also gives you an extra day on them (paid) for you to have off each month. Flight benefits were great always, very nice and friendly family oriented environment.
Had fun hanging out with friends and co workers
Ramp agent (Former Employee), Las vegasApril 2, 2015
It was fun to see cool co workers daily. the management was horrible though. the CEO was absolute garbage. all he cared about was money and not at all what the employees had.

1 2 3 4 5

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As – Read more

Southwest Airlines Salaries