Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, and get to know the real you.
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Hard balance when you are married and have small children. Culture could have changed, but when I was working my way up the chain, I had to move like every 1-2 years and open new cities. They aren't very sympathetic to "I need to talk it over with my family". They are your family.....
Pros
Shorts to work, lots of alchohol
Cons
Lots of alchohol.....
Fun work place
Grounds operations (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2017
SouthWest Airlines is the best job I ever had. The work place was very family oriented. The work was very fast paced an forever changing. If I get the chance I would love to work for SouthWest Airlines again.
Promising Career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2017
Southwest is a great company. I have learned plenty of communication skills and software skills. Management goes out of their way to be sure employees are satisfied with their environment.
Tremendous workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2017
I had a wonderful 16 years at Southwest Airlines. I was trained to be efficient and courteous with the traveling public. My coworkers were a tremendous asset, allowing my job production to flourish.
Great
Center Operations Associate (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2017
perfect company to work for, takes great care of their employees. benefits are excellent, supervisors are great, full of LUV
Superb company with great employees and a great future!
Captain (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Outstanding company! I looked forward to working at Southwest Airlines everyday. Great coworkers, and management was superb as well. I found the workplace culture to be invigorating and uplifting. Southwest Airlines defines customer service and values and takes great care of it's employees. My most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside the finest people in the industry. I highly recommend Southwest to anyone wanting to work in the airline business.
Pros
401K, profit sharing, pay rates
Cons
healthcare has become more expensive
SWA is a great place to work!
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2017
A fun loving Company to work for! Great Benefits with a lot of awesome perks! My days at SWA are very busy and usually always "fly" by! Great employees and got to LUV that Southwest Airline culture!
Pros
Free flight benefits!
Cons
Working holiday and weekends!
Fun-loving company with an emphasis on its' employees
Crew Scheduler II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Southwest Airlines is a company who takes pride in their employees. While there are departments to steer clear of if you're looking for the known southwest "spirit", in general a Southwest team member is an amazing career to have.
The greates work experience of my life.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician/A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Fabulous culture to work in. I took early retirement because I was no longer physically able to perform at my peak. I seek a clerical or Administrative environment to contribute. I ham honored to have ever worked for Southwest Airlines. The most fabulous work environment I've ever experienced. Parties to celebrate the employees constantly.
Wonderful Company
DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2017
I can't say enough about how wonderful Southwest is. Everything you could want in a great company is there. Great people, great attitude, great customer service. They care about the Employee. I love Southwest.
One of the best places to work
Human Resources Business Partner Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Southwest Airlines's culture is second to none! This is definitely one of the best places to work in the U.S. The work life balance that is provided here beats everything else.
Excellent company to work for
Customer Service / Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Retired from Southwest.

Excellent company to work for. Great management, workplace culture was excellent and co-workers were fun to work with--in fact, I am still friends with many of them.

The hardest part of the job was the responsibility of the position--but I enjoyed the job and took the responsibility seriously.
Pros
Other employees, culture, management
Cons
changing hours
Amazing culture and overall great place to work
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2017
In Customer Relations you would deal mainly with escalated customer situations via phone or email. This department is located at Southwest Airlines headquarters and speaks on behalf of the executive office. Management was very professional and took a personal interest in their employees. The workplace culture was amazing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the challenging and sometimes difficult and unpleasant customers when trying to help resolve their problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers. Southwest Airlines treats everyone in the office like family.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
micromanaged schedule
Great Place to work
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Southwest Airline is a great workplace i have ever worked. Friendly staff and great multi culture makes it comfortable to work. Supportive management and dirndl place, the best part of the how they celebrate holidays.
Place has changed for the worse
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Worked for the company ten years ago and it was the best place to work all around loved it. Had a family emergency out of state so i had to move and leave the job. Returned to new management and the company has went downhill and is catching momentum. Work moral all over the states is down and people are leaving like crazy. Sad to say such a good place went down hill under the new leadership.
Pros
benifits
Cons
moral
Fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Very physical job downloading and uploading luggage but a great place to work. Management is very good at helping new employees succeed by giving constant feedback.
Wonderful company to work for!
Sr. Buyer Technology Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Great Culture, Great Leaders, Great Teammates, beautiful work environment, very nice overall benefits package, lower than average salary - (take home pay).
Pros
Leadership, Teammates, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Low than average salary
Very busy place
Provisioning agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Overall in the beginning great company to be with, but in the end CEO change and your more like a number then family to them. Good Ins. Benefits still with the company , and that is hard to come by these days.
Pros
Fly for free
Cons
N/A
Nice place to work
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Responsible for physical safety and security of mall customers, employees, and property. Responsible for creating and implementing security programs that fit the requirements of the mall environment with specific attention to various internal investigations. Supervised 40 officers and five lieutenants to ensure adherence to all laws, ordinances, and policies.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
N/A
ramp aget
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2017
Load planes take bags off work as a team talk with customers use computer heavy lifting work close with management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5