Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Amazing culture and overall great place to work
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2017
In Customer Relations you would deal mainly with escalated customer situations via phone or email. This department is located at Southwest Airlines headquarters and speaks on behalf of the executive office. Management was very professional and took a personal interest in their employees. The workplace culture was amazing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the challenging and sometimes difficult and unpleasant customers when trying to help resolve their problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers. Southwest Airlines treats everyone in the office like family.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
micromanaged schedule
Great Place to work
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Southwest Airline is a great workplace i have ever worked. Friendly staff and great multi culture makes it comfortable to work. Supportive management and dirndl place, the best part of the how they celebrate holidays.
Place has changed for the worse
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Worked for the company ten years ago and it was the best place to work all around loved it. Had a family emergency out of state so i had to move and leave the job. Returned to new management and the company has went downhill and is catching momentum. Work moral all over the states is down and people are leaving like crazy. Sad to say such a good place went down hill under the new leadership.
Pros
benifits
Cons
moral
Fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Very physical job downloading and uploading luggage but a great place to work. Management is very good at helping new employees succeed by giving constant feedback.
Wonderful company to work for!
Sr. Buyer Technology Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Great Culture, Great Leaders, Great Teammates, beautiful work environment, very nice overall benefits package, lower than average salary - (take home pay).
Pros
Leadership, Teammates, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Low than average salary
Very busy place
Provisioning agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Overall in the beginning great company to be with, but in the end CEO change and your more like a number then family to them. Good Ins. Benefits still with the company , and that is hard to come by these days.
Pros
Fly for free
Cons
N/A
Nice place to work
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Responsible for physical safety and security of mall customers, employees, and property. Responsible for creating and implementing security programs that fit the requirements of the mall environment with specific attention to various internal investigations. Supervised 40 officers and five lieutenants to ensure adherence to all laws, ordinances, and policies.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
N/A
ramp aget
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2017
Load planes take bags off work as a team talk with customers use computer heavy lifting work close with management
Fantastic Home Office Environment Building
Contract Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Southwest, fantastic at moving people from one destination to another. It is a homophobic company that treats those different than the religious right differently.
Pros
Lots of Team Activities
Cons
Favortism and they do not treat contractors with respect
swa
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  HRLJanuary 10, 2017
amazing environment, company, employees and mgmt. excellent benefit and employee culture. comfortable work place and uniforms.
never a dull moment, always on the go
Fly For Free
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 9, 2017
A wonderful Company to work for. Excellent flight benefits as well as insurance / health plan. A fun job that always brings a smile to your face. Great Team Leaders and employees!! Always a pleasure to show up and work with people at SWA!
Pros
flight benefits
Manager Trainee
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2017
My day is fill with communications with customers and business associates. I check with customers confirming reservations, make sure they are aware of rental process, goes over policies,etc. I speak with business partners to verify availability for their customers. I make sure all cars are rental ready, I go over numbers and things that affect and effect the bottom line of branch. My job is fast and being organized helps it run smoothly. I love the way we make sure customer comes first and satisfying them in all aspects.
Great Place to work
Suite Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I highly recommend SWA. Great culture, great environment and people really care. Good understanding of work / life balance within the workplace. Great place!
Great company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2016
Great benefits, experience, and great people to work with. Traveling for free, was able to have my own schedule with other employees and fast paced during the days.
Fun Place To Work!
Temporary Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2016
I LUV my Co -Hearts and this is definitely an awesome place to work for! I started two years ago and already had the opportunity to get my feet wet in the training environment.
Fun place to work
NOC and ATC Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2016
They can be a certain way when it comes to your health. Just make sure that you protect yourself from certain people of you'll be out of a job just like I wash laid off.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Most of the coworkers are decent people..
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 20, 2016
All these people say how wonderful Southwest Airlines is, have never worked out on the ramp. To Southwest you are a machine and you are treated like one too. How many times I've worked an 9 or 10 hour shift with no lunch brake so many times I've lost count. It's because Southwest is to cheap to put 3 or 4 agents at a gate. It makes me sick to think all the people at headquarters,just think everything is so wonderful, I'd like to see them get there butts out on the ramp for a week and see how absolutely messed up that it is, I guarantee they wouldn't think it's a wonderful. They have supervisors, that shouldn't even be allowed to work at the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay sucks, poorly managed
Productive and Interactive
Customer Relations representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2016
I loved working here and it was a new life experience. Everyone in the company was not only friendly, but also helpful in furthering one another.
miss the company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2016
previous employment with SWA had to leave due to financial problems . worked over 7 years on ramp miss the people and the location but needed to move back up North
Pros
pizza
Cons
help
Assistant Aircraft Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work. Fun loving hard working bunch of folks who always have your back and look out for you. Great benefits such as traveling and healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5