Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

If you are going to work in the Airline Industry...Southwest is the place to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2017
As a flight attendant you have flexibility that is unmatched by most jobs, and depending on your perspective the time spend away from home can be rejuvenating or tortuous. You'll meet amazing people and visit amazing places. The free flights are the best!!!
Pros
flexibility, free flights, 401k & stock
Cons
Management is destroying moral
Comfortable Work Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2017
Good working when onsite. Not communicative when working remote. Congenial co-workers. Worked on contract. Company brought me onsite to onboard me with my workgroup of 50 some odd folks.
Southwest is a fun place to work
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2017
A typical day at Southwest Airlines was busy answering incoming call helping customers find flight for business and pleasure After working at Southwest for so long it got hard to sit all day answering phones I loved working for Southwest it was a great place to work
Pros
All the benefits you got
Cons
all the phone call when it was busy
Good, if you're young
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2017
They like to hire young and cheap. If you're an older resource looking to start as a contractor and then move into a full-time role, forget it. Only place I ever worked as a contractor where they referred to be as an "outsider" to my face.
FunLuving, Warrior Spirit...etc
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2017
Overall great company to work for it's a very fast pace job. You need to be a person as a self motivated and work driven... competitive

Must be able to put your self out in front of others, need to be socialize able to deal with alot of input from Director, Leaders and work peers.

Culture fastest is unbelievable and easy to get caught up. But if you are a people person you can fall in with the right team to fit your personality and begin your career with a great company.
Pros
Time
Cons
Deadlines
Southwest Airlines
Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 26, 2017
Southwest Airlines is grate place to work for! it provides major opportunity for you ti grow & travel through out the country! South west airlines is grate.
Pros
very good place to work
Cons
there are no cons
Interesting work place
Ramp Agent/ Provisioning (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2017
Worked here early on in my career. The job was interested and competitive. The job required a lot of out door work environments. OT was often mandated due to bad weather conditions.
fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2017
I love the culture. I love everything about the job. the atmosphere is very family friendly. I get along with everyone. mgmt. is caring and understanding at times.
Union position with unlimited overtime available
Inside Sales Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2017
Great Job in the Union. Everything is based off seniority, so start young. Work unlimited overtime to boost income. Lots of time off if desired and shift trading.
Need to hire employees rather than contractors
Level II Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2017
My supervisor was awesome. I loved the people I worked with. The only negative thing I have to say is that they hire contractors for the Service Desk rather than employees. No benefits or vacation time.
hi
Inflight Supervisor of Administration (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 11, 2017
United immediately sent me an option to review my leaving flight, but I wanted to wait until we returned home. Returning home from Dallas international airport a few days later was a completely different story. I had to get up in the middle of the night to return our rental car and make a 6am flight. When we arrived at the kiosk
fun working place
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Avenue Farms, FLDecember 10, 2017
I loaded and unloaded the aircraft. I remote the aircraft. I enjoyed working with the people and helping others. I worked well under pressure we always tried to have on time performance.
Great company
Ramp agent to Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2017
Southwest was my first job; hired at 20 years old and retired many years later. From day 1, and every following day, I never regretted my career path. Had the opportunity to be a part of the Las Vegas station growing from 30 flights to 250+. Had the opportunity to experience a culture crafted by Herb and Colleen. Worked as a Ramp and Operations Agent, Operations and Provisioning Supervisor, and Manager of Ramp and Operatons. Had the opportunity to move around the country and experience life in different states/cities. Career advancement is only limited to your goals. My managers were predominently effective, engaging, and truely wanted the best for every employee. I would not hesitate to recommend Southwest as an employer. I will always be grateful for the opportunity to grow up at Southwest.
Pros
Culture, advancement, pay, benefits
Cons
Nothjng significant enough to note
Southwest Airlines is an awesome place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2017
Southwest Airlines is a exciting place to work. I enjoyed my job there. I would return there permanent if provided the opportunity. I found the job a great challenge
Pros
Awesome environment to work in
Cons
A little distance for me to drive.
Fun, rewarding place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2017
Despite only being a contractor, I feel like part of the family. After working here, it's very difficult to even consider working anywhere else. If you get in, consider yourself very fortunate as the application process is very competitive.
Fast paced
Ground Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2017
Working at Southwest is good and bad. The good is that you can work as much or as little as you want. However, it is hard to move up in the company because the ramp is the largest work group and most demanding. Also, there are a multitude of personalities that a person has to deal with that could be to the benefit and detriment of a ramp worker. But the greatest benefit is the ability to fly whenever you want to.
Pros
free flights
Cons
company does not respect the ramp as a work group
What a great company
Facilities Maintenance systemwide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
I really hated to retire, it wasn't a job.. it was a company you needed to be with, and just happened to pay you too. The SWA culture draws you to b you.. it's ok to color outside the lines. The best 24 years of my life.
Pros
The best
Cons
Can't think of any
Amazing internship opportunity
Culture Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2017
Interning at Southwest was an amazing experience. You are empowered to develop your skills and put your best foot forward in important tasks. As an intern I was given meaningful assignments that actually made a difference. You are encouraged to network and build a Southwest family throughout your time here. There are numerous development and growth opportunities through participating in days in the field or coffee chats with individuals from different departments. As an intern you can also partake in the benefit of flying free on standby to any U.S locations that Southwest serves as well as a reduced fee for international travel!
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 30, 2017
Friendly people very spirited bunch. Mandatory overtime is almost everyday if you work at the call center, but they do try to make it fun. Management at the call center is okay, but isn’t very helpful.
Intern
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2017
I loved working at Southwest as intern for supply chain. It was a great experience something I will never forget. Everyone was so welcoming and willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4