Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Luv Southwest Airlines
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
I luv working here I looked forward to going to work everyday interacting with my customers & also my teammates.. when I worked here it was like the luv of my life.. Want so bad to be a part of the company again
Pros
Flying any & everywhere
Great company to work for
Ground Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2017
Great environment to work under. Most days are very busy running the operation to make sure all of our flights get out on-time or early so our customers arrive to their destinations on-time or early.
Great place to work.
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2017
Its a great place to work, where employees are truly valued. Their culture is admired by most companies around the world. Plenty of growth opportunities and opportunity to learn. They have great benefits and its a fun place to work.
Southwest
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2017
It used to have a relaxed, fun culture. Now its like working in a sweatshop...crazy hours and days off, no work life balance at all. I enjoyed working with the customers and making their days better with my troubleshooting skills, however working without any benefits and never having a weekend off, or working a schedule like 7 pm to 3 am is crazy!

The most enjoyable part was improving my skills...it went all downhill from there.
Pros
improves your troubleshooting skills
Cons
short breaks, no weekends, sweatshop like atmosphere
Keep in the Union
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
Great Place as long as you have the union behind you. The management stab you in the back with a smile on their face. I loved going to work every day but I watched how they treated the older employees. Sad
best job for work life balance and benefits
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
it is a great company to work for, they pay great and have unbeliveable benefits. you can choose to work as much as you want so your yearly salary verys.
Migration project
Outsourced Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 28, 2017
Imaged over 50 PCs with Windows based proprietary software for Sales Division. Also installed 150 workstations (Monitors, PCs); installed CAT V and DVI cabling. Provided diagnostic support with for customer service team; responded to customer technical problems/issues related to hardware, software and networking. The team was supportive to each other.
Loved it!
Reservation Agent/ Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 28, 2017
Greatest company I have ever worked for. Employees have total respect for the CEO and other management. It's just a fun place to work. Plus free flights!
Pros
Free flights! Enjoy going to work.
Cons
They are no longer in our area.
Senior IT service desk Contractor
Senior IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2017
Southwest Airlines is contracting their IT departments out to Make cor which is the main company that will hire for Southwrst Airlines.
Technology wise it takes at leased one year to have a mid level understanding of the mainly home grown applications used at Southwest.
The pay is above average but benefits are limited thi includes o sick leave and no vacation time.
I learned much at this company mainly that it is driven by the employees.
A strict seperation of employees and contractors exist there is zero chance to be hired on as a employee when you were hired in the service desk field.
The company switched to a ITIL patform and it is a requiremnt to be Itil certified to work there.
Pros
Spirit party every Monday, free coffe and sodas
Cons
employees may give you bussy passes to fly free.
Oversees processing & compiling payroll
Payroll/Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2017
*deposits of cash & checks daily
*general office duties
*able to balance the tasks assigned on a daily basis.
*when I am out of balance in my cash
*the 3 months incentive passes on the company for perfect attendance.
Pros
free 30 minutes break and great health care benefits
Cons
I have no complain
Very nice
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 25, 2017
Great place to work it was very clean and the work environment was good the employees were friendly and management was very caring and sincere also free parking
call center is not as easy as enticipated
Customer Service and Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2017
I love the company, but the call center is not a position for me, I am a people pleaser and being on calls is not for me. I like to work directly with people.
Pros
Great company and culture
Cons
Call center hours and schedules
Great company to work for
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
What an amazing experience it has been working for Southwest... The training is vigorous, but definitely prepares you for any and all emergencies you may encounter.
Best company you coud work for!
Distribution & Air Programs Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2017
This company has been named one of the best companies to work for over and over again. The people, the culture and the airline industry are phenomenal.
Pros
people, culture, flights, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement
Cons
they don't sponser and the pay isn't as high as other airlines
Great Company
Ground Operations (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 22, 2017
It is a great company to work for. The Senior Leadership does an okay job looking out for their own employees. Its an awesome job when the weather is nice, but when its raining hard or blowing snow with 0 degree temperatures. Not so much.
Pros
Teamwork, Balanced Work
Cons
Outdoors with the elements
Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2017
Such a fun place to work. You are able to travel if you like that, and have a great time while working. If you are a people person it is the perfect place to be!
Pros
People
Cons
hard work
Kool-Aide
Airworthiness Directives Compliance Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
Great place to work but way too much Kool-Aid. If the focus for hiring or promoting Leaders was more focused on experience vs. soft skills, it would get five starts in all rating categories.
Pros
stable
Cons
fluff
good culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas TexasMay 17, 2017
fun company good people to be around don't be late cool go workers managers are all fun hard to get off the line with customers or for them to advance you
Awesome Company
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 17, 2017
The pay is good, benefits are a plus, job can be stressful at times but co workers make it fun! I got a raise within 3 months of working foe the company
great job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 15, 2017
the pay is great, the workplace is usually good, the hardest part about this job would be the amount of hours you have to work and that leaves no room for a personal life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5