Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Monekia Dabney Southwest Airline Rep
Customer Service / Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2016
Providing excellent hospitality to our customers is our everyday goal. The mission is to first take care of one another and next fulfill our customers needs and wants. The toughest part of working for a major airlines is missing out on family events such as Christmas and Thanksgiving due air travel. But completing my day knowing I satisfied someone, keeps me smiling and empowered.
Benefits
Cons
Away from home
php developer
PHP Word Press Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2016
its good to work with southwest airlines,i learned so much in this company,the management of this company also supporting me very well,and my co workers also gave me full support to work,their is no hardest part in this company,we are all enjoying very well and i have done my work also very well.thank you for southwest airlines to gave me such a wonderful opportunity.
fun work environment
Provisioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2016
employees were empowered to help customers in a fun way, luv culture helped.
was able to promote and move to different departments after a year, made things interesting.
Pros
a lot of milestone type of celebrations, parties and free shirts, etc.
Cons
low pay, just a little above minimum wage.
pay compensation is awesome, benefits are super
Provisioning Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work and make a career of. the benefit of flying free is awesome as well as the financial benefits. awesome perks and parties thrown by the company.
Pros
benefits, parties, perks, co-workers
Cons
sometimes very very long hours due to delays and weather.
i love the airline indusrty
CUSTER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  LondonMarch 11, 2016
I am a people person , I like being out in public and helping people. I am great at customer service and communicating with people. handle I stress situations with ease. Have had cpr training and / first aid . enjoy working with the public and get along well with others.
Pros
i never give up .. i am always detremed to get th job done what it may be
Cons
i sometmes try to hard to be the best i can be.
Administrative Coordinator
Administrative Station Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2016
Process Attendance letters, Answer phones and questions, Assist in badge process, Calculate and input hour paid per trip, Process medical leaves, OJI's and return to work paperwork, Input gates into system.
Great Culture
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for SWA! Its definitely a fun loving company! Your co workers become your family. We have the tendency to spoil our passengers, however the company spoils its employees just the same. great perks company parties, company feeds the employees very often, free travel for employees, children and spouses. Overall Amazing company. best compensation of all the other airlines.
Pros
wonderful culture. work is fun
Cons
can be stressful at time, passengers arent always nice
fun work place
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2016
Co workers are good people, I learned how to be able to work on a solid schedule one that doesn't shift. the work schedule is flexible, you can create your own work schedule but you have to jump thru hoops.
benefits
Cons
hard to use days off
Great company to work for!
Windows Server System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2016
Reason for leaving: Affected by outsourcing
Relaxed dress code. Coworkers are second to none! The management is good, and does not micro-manage.
Best company ever!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Southwest Airlines is by far the best company in the world to work for. Starting pay is not always the greatest but the longer you stay the better it gets. The benefits are beyond amazing compared to other companies.
Pros
Fun, travel and benedits
Great fun, and customer focus
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2016
Southwest Airline is a great and innovative internal customer service organization that is constantly growing and giving career opprotunities
Excellent Airline
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Overall Southwest is a prestige company. Delivering excellent customer service to each passenger shows why it is a great company to work for.
Love the company
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 21, 2016
i enjoy my job and what i do. Best company i ever work in my years of experience. Learning every day. I have nothing else to express my feeling about this company, i love it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not to much overtime.....
Great Place to Work
Benefit Administrator Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2016
During my time at Southwest I was treated like I had worked there for years. People are very friendly and very accommodating. I did not want to see my contract time to end, and will continue to try and get a full time position.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Long drive with traffic witht the work hours provided
The Golden rule
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2016
Great job to meet new people everyday. Great job to travel all over the world. Great place to be able to make customers feel safe and have a good time.
Great Work Place
Pilot/Flight Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I came to SWA with aircraft 6 and retired 30 years later at age 60 with 535 A/C. I chose to come back to work at SWA after 6 years of play.
I love the job and am able to contribute 30 years of line experience to all pilots I train. Each day I come to work I always run into a pilot who was a F/O of mine at one time in his career.

I work 21 days/month. The airline is in such expansion that our work schedule can vary from 5:30 am check ins to 9:30 pm ones.
The CAE simulators are FFD with fabulous graphics. I am an AQP-V Evaluator so I give approximately 7 Maneuvers Observation rides per Month as part of the 3 day AQP events. I also teach new hires and Capt. upgrades.

I love the fact that I am currently up to date with Aircraft systems, ATC, LNAV/VNAV, Seat Currency, Security training, and International.
Pros
Ultra modern equipment and class rooms
Cons
Monthly schedules affecting my body clock
very fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Customer oriented, feel likes family. Learned that changes are inevitable. Management was available to help at all times.
the hardest part of the job was leaving. Lots of room to advance.
Pros
Always encouraged to strive for better.
Good Job but the Lifestyle is Challenging
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2016
This job can be a lot of fun, but it will start to be a burden if your company and union does not support a good job/life balance. The work load gets heavier and more detailed, and having a reasonably normal life with your family is very hard. Even if you are a senior flight attendant, it is hard to have a balanced lifestyle.

The good part is you get to travel, see new places, and meet thousands of new people. You get to have fun on the job (within reason). If you are lucky, you can fly and work with some of the most loving and caring employees in the world.

Again, it can be a great job, but be certain you are ready for the sacrifices it entails.
Pros
Good Pay, Travel, Meeting new people
Cons
No good job/life balance, rude customers, more support from management
no comment
provo agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
working at swa when i started was one of the greatest jobs i ever had but as the years past co change and people change with it.
Fun environment
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2016
Pros
Free hotels, free flights
Cons
No breaks, long days, short overnights

4.5