Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Tremendous workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2017
I had a wonderful 16 years at Southwest Airlines. I was trained to be efficient and courteous with the traveling public. My coworkers were a tremendous asset, allowing my job production to flourish.
Corporate Airline Headquarters
Flight Following Agent II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2017
If you like traveling and experiencing all that America has to offer (or even the world) then get yourself in the employ of an airline.

Southwest is an awesome employer with many, MANY career opportunities.
Great Company
RAMP AGENT (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 26, 2016
A great company to work for, with lots of great benefits and room for advancement and travel. The hardest part of being a ramp agent is working in extreme weather and temperatures
Pros
Free Flights, great health insurence, profit sharing, garunteed yearly raises, union
Cons
Working in extream weather.
Ability to move around in company
Customer Support and Services (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 14, 2016
Southwest is a good Company. They do have amazing benefits. The Call Center however, is a very stressful job and extremely micromanaged. Good news is if you can make it a year, you can look into other job openings in the company.
swa
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  HRLJanuary 10, 2017
amazing environment, company, employees and mgmt. excellent benefit and employee culture. comfortable work place and uniforms.
never a dull moment, always on the go
Great Place To Work
Ground Ops (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 7, 2016
There were very few days that I didn't enjoy my time at work. We had a great team of agents at every location that I worked at. We had lots of fun and stayed busy so the days went by fast.
Pros
Great benefits
Southwest Airlines
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2016
Great company to work for, Very Poor MANAGEMENT. They will target you and make sure that you know that you're being targeted other than that great company and very family like.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
MANAGEMENT SUCKS
No better place to work!
Inflight Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2016
The history and corporate culture is what makes employees into "lifers"!! Pay is top of their industry, the free travel lets you see the world for free!! Awesome place!!
Pros
FREE Travel!!
Cons
Healthcare could be less expensive
It was a party environment everyday. Lots of fun.
Customer Service and Support Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2016
Started everyday by reviewing the systems weather delays, upcoming promotions and your daily scheduled meetings.
Answered customer's phone calls regarding a variety of concerns.
Researched routes, fares, schedules, accounts, credits etc.
Attended recurrent training meetings.
Enjoyed volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House.
Did not enjoy informing customer's of delayed, rerouted or cancelled flights.
Pros
Company gatherings and events.
Cons
Unexpected long hours and manditory overtime.
Wonderful company to work for
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2016
Southwest treats their employees amazing. The group knows how to work like a team and always have a positive attitude. The company throws great parties for their employees and also offer wonderful benefits.

Want to know more about Southwest Airlines?

Ask a question
Worst experience ever
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2016
They start you out in Dallas for two weeks paperwork training. Told time and time again that there's no hazing ( because probies or newhires have zero recourse or protection from abuse or harrassment). After that you're on your own. No aircraft training whatsoever. Expected to teach yourself the job and do it better than unioned mechanics. Some of the worst maintenance I've seen in 15+ years. Dallas seemed to keep boasting that they are fined more because they are more successful. BS they earn every penny of every fine. Their "probation" is nothing more than a popularity contest and an excuse to demean and harrass better mechanics than they are.
Pros
No longer there
Cons
No training. No lawfully required lunches or breaks. Supervisors are nothing but ringleaders.
Diversity
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2016
Overall a good company to work for. Great opportunity for advancement. Lots of change. Never a dull day. Annual and economic raises
Pros
Free flights, shift trades, flexibility, 401k
Cons
mandatory hours worked
Fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Very physical job downloading and uploading luggage but a great place to work. Management is very good at helping new employees succeed by giving constant feedback.
Southwest is Fun
Business Systems Analyst / Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2016
This is one of the best working environment I experienced. The work is well organized. Adopting to latest technologies very often. Management is very friendly. I was involve in several projects, and the teamwork was really important to make it a success.
Pros
Team work, Fun place to work
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2016
you have the freedom to transfer to other cities, free travel, great company, benefits and company culture, can be fast paced, must like the public and must have an outgoing personality, also have to be ready to jump into any situation that may present itself
Pros
great culture, benefits, free travel
Cons
new company after retirement of Herb
Fantastic Company
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2016
One of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to work for. Supervision committed to providing the best training and support of employees, while also providing great benefits and encouraging employee moral.
Pros
Free travel, great benefits
Cons
On your feet all day
Great company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2016
Great benefits, experience, and great people to work with. Traveling for free, was able to have my own schedule with other employees and fast paced during the days.
Great Place to work and grow
Benefits Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2016
This is by far the best place I have ever worked. The culture is amazing and the people are great. They truly care about their employees. Lots of opportunity to grow.
Pros
Fun place to work
Great
Center Operations Associate (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2017
perfect company to work for, takes great care of their employees. benefits are excellent, supervisors are great, full of LUV
Manager Trainee
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2017
My day is fill with communications with customers and business associates. I check with customers confirming reservations, make sure they are aware of rental process, goes over policies,etc. I speak with business partners to verify availability for their customers. I make sure all cars are rental ready, I go over numbers and things that affect and effect the bottom line of branch. My job is fast and being organized helps it run smoothly. I love the way we make sure customer comes first and satisfying them in all aspects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5