Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun and the best job I ever had.
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2017
I worked for Southwest Airlines for over 23 years. I can't and there is not an ill word to say about them. I was a flight attendant and loved my company and job. I had to take early retirement. I was devastated. They are an excellent company and don't let anyone tell you different.
Pros
Pick the days and times you want to work. AM'S or PM'S.
Cons
The airplanes got a little hot in the summer.
Amazing, but not for everyone
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2017
SWA offers a lot to it's employees - opportunities to grow, flight benefits, high 401k match, profit sharing, graduated PTO.

However, it demands a lot, like any other airline. It is often difficult to plan your life around this industry. Weather on the other side of the country (or one seemingly small maintenance issue) can cause you to stay hours late, or even to come in on your day off.

If you have no qualms about your life revolving around your work, you should absolutely work for Southwest. You will be paid the best in the business, with probably the best retirement package you can get without a degree.
Pros
Free flights, retirement, growth opportunities
Cons
Work-Life balance
Na
Inflight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  system wideJuly 20, 2017
Southwest is a good company; however some of the leaders in different department is not living the SWALIFE way. They make up their own rules and are not trustworthy.
Very busy at times but sometimes alot of just plan fun
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2017
Customers come first as it should be. With you job duties you should show legendary service as always. Worked for Southwest for 27 years and it brought me great things in life like raising 5 kids and moving them on threw life while working here.
Pros
Great benifits
Engineering Internship
Service Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
I've had the pleasure of interning within Southwest's TechOps department as an engineer. I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience I've gained through real world and hands on engineering projects. I would recommend Southwest for any engineer seeking internship or full time career.
No regrets
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 19, 2017
I did an eight year enlistment with the Corps. I learned a lot about myself and how to lead and take charge. What a wonderful opportunity it was for me to service my country and become a better man in the process.
fun work environment
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2017
everyone was so friendly and always helpful. team environment. culture was that this was one of the best places to work and everyone wanted to work their. this by far was an employer of choice.
Gud place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  txJuly 18, 2017
very good place...

i love to work on this place
i will adivce to work here to evryone it is very gufd place to work here.

please work here i love this place
fun and exciting environment to work
Ticket Counter Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2017
This was an awesome place to work. The managers and all staff were excellent. I love learning about auditing and ticket counter procedures. I was also able to learn customer service skills as well as administrative skills/
Professional, Competitive, Satisfying
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  DallasJuly 17, 2017
Working for Southwest has been a great opportunity to continue to grow in my role as well as the industry. We have the ability to interact with different levels of management and bring fresh ideas to the table. We're encouraged to participate, problem solve and provide process improvements.

It's important we continue to leave behind the "that's the way we've always done it" mentality and make sure we're letting all individuals contribute and be responsible for their duties. We need to understand our roles, become proficient with them and let all team members contribute equally and be recognized for their efforts.

Stay in your lane and slowly become more acclimated with other areas of responsibility in order to continue to grow your skill set.
Pros
Professional Organization with limitless opportunities to grown and learn
Cons
Old school thinking and stepping into other teams areas and doing their job for them

Want to know more about Southwest Airlines?

Ask a question
Excellent company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2017
Southwest is an excellent company that really cares about its employees. I would highly recommend anyone looking to get into the aviation industry apply to Southwest Airlines
love
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2017
Southwest Airlines has so much to offer. Truly one of the best places I have had the privilege of working at. Everyone is such a pleasure to be around.
Absolute great company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2017
absolutely the most wonderful company to work for ,very about their agents,family oriented and very fare to their employees,and very unique company with outstanding benefits.
Great Place, great people good company
Sr Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
GREAT Company
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2017
This is a GREAT Company to work for!!!. The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Break
Great benefits and great people
Field Instructor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 10, 2017
Love all the benefits I get working at southwest and get paid well too! All of my leaders have been outstanding. Southwest loves to promote from within, and I have moved around and been promoted and this company keeps on giving!
Really fun group of people
Business Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2017
My internship with SWA was fun and I learned a lot. One of the best parts of the job is that you get flight benefits to travel during your internship!
Very up temple place
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia. PAJuly 5, 2017
I love that place, the people and the people I work with and build relationships beyond the airlines and lifetime and it allow me to aid others and give them life to experience their world beyond what they may only knew.
Pros
The people
Cons
I wanted to travel more often
Great place to work and very flexible
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2017
If you like to travel, are a people person and like to work fairly stress free, a flight attendant position is a great job to have. The downside is time away from home. Although you can manage your schedule which makes the job very flexible you will be away from home several nights a week.
Very mature company
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
I retired from Southwest,when i started with them you could not ask for a better company to work for,they were very family oriented.As they have gotten bigger i think they have forgotten what the company founder said or,that the people are makes better than everyone else at doing what we do.Fly people point to point safely.I miss the old company and hope they find there way home.Instead of becoming like everyone else.
Pros
Large well established Airline with lots of perks
Cons
Changing their company culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.