Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Employer Reviews

The best company I have ever worked for!
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2013
Pros: this company took care of it's people and the free flights of course!
Cons: there were no cons at all with this company!
I made flight, cruise, hotel, and car reservations. I learned great customer service skills. The people and management were the best! I loved talking to all kinds of people from all over the world!
Fantastic Airline to work for.
Provisioning Agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2013
Pros: everything about the company.
Cons: the airline industry is not stable.
Good pay.
Good hours available.
Great benefits.
Wonderful atmosphere.
No negatives.
Amazing place to work. Culture and people are wonderful
Buyer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: culture, benefits
Cons: compensation, dallas
Look forward to going to work on Monday. Coworkers are always fun. Work hard play hard atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is outstation communication. Each day is different which fights redundancy. Managers encourage growth within the company.
Fun place to work, every day is different
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 12, 2013
Planes come into the gate, bags and freight are offloaded, and then bags and freight are loaded onto the plane. De-Icing in De-Ice trucks. Fun people. Hardest part of the job is the wear and tear on the body.
Amazing Airline to work for
Ground Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2013
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: no job security when union contract expired
Absolutely loved working for Southwest Airlines. Started as a ramp agent loading and off loading bags from air crafts. Received support from management team and was awarded supervisor position with company as result of hard work. Worked in Chicago, Dallas and Arizona. Great health benefits, flight privileges, and family orientated atmosphere.

After – more... 8 years with the company I found out the hard way that Arizona is a right to work state and my job was replaced with a lower waged employee. Truly disappointed – less
Such a great positive environment to work in
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 6, 2013
I enjoyed meeting new people, I also enjoyed traveling. It was such a fun job
Awesome workplace with great people
Ramp Agent` (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2013
Southwest is truly a great company to work for. The people are all amazing and management is a dream.
Responsible for 24 hour line maintenance station operations.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2013
Fourteen years of growth and increasing for a major nationallow-cost carrier. Southwest wholly owned Airtran since May 2011.
Love for Southwest. They truly do hire the best in the business
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 19, 2013
Pros: flight benefits; pay is higher than most of the competitors; great company to work for
Cons: hours are not the easist with raising a family; nights, weekends, holidays
Southwest is a wonderful company to work for, the management is supportive and always available to listen to concerns. I loved my colleges and the fun, happy working environment. It truly is a great company to work for.
awesome place to work
Rapid Rewards Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free flights
management was great, culture excellent and advancement opportunities endless!
Neutral
Ramp Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free travel, money
Cons: demands to much time...
Money is great!!!!!!
But if you have a family this place demands TIME...
Fast-paced, productive, fun work environment.
MANAGER (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: great people, excellent benefits
Cons: limited resources in some areas
Learned a lot about project management, performance management, and leadership.
Productive, compassionate and fun loving enviroment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: full flight benefits, able to make significant money, great co-workers, uniforms provided, 401k, health insurance, other airline flight benefits, applied golden rule.
Cons: weather, operational and security challenges affecting flights.
Funny, there is not a 'typical' day with the airline industry! Every day has weather, operational or security issues on both sides of the country that will effect the ontime performance. Flexibility becomes your middle name! Fortunately, my co-workers are truly the heart of Southwest! As a supervisor, we were able to assist, rebook and find accomdations – more... when the challenges hit the fan all the while wearing smiles and extending sincere compassion. Southwest Airlines culture is lengendary throughout the industry! Pot lucks, dress up days, employee birthday recognitions are monthly events! Southwest provides great opportunities with the other departments for all employees. Truly the most enjoyable part of the job for me, was the interaction with the Passengers! All Passengers have a travel story - happy or sad! I am honored to have been part of their lives, if only for a brief time. – less
A fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2013
A typical day was to book flight for customers,quote fares, rent cars,and hotels if needed and general flight info.
learned how to inter act with many different kinds of people, consumer and business, customer
management was ok depending who's team you were on.
co - workers were some of the most caring people I have met in the call center environment.
the – more... hardest thing about the job is that the shifts changed every month so u never knew what you were going to end up with.
the most enjoyable thing was free air fare so we were able to see the country all for free. – less
Great
Ramp agent (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 3, 2013
Great company, Great benefits, Free flights

young and dumb. let go of this job
been kicking myself ever since
Southwest Airlines
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2013
Company that is always concerned for their Employees and Passengers safety
You work hard and play hard best company in the world
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2013
Pros: free stabdby flights
Cons: only 30 min lunch
I was with Southwest Airlines for over 15 years the are by far the best company ever. I retired due to an illness that has since resolved.
Learnt about maintenance engineering
Maintenance Quality Control (Internship) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2013
 Understanding the maintenance procedures and repair criteria of Boeing 737 aircrafts through Maintenance Procedure Manual (MPM), Structure Repair Manual (SRM) and Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM).
 Learning the DMI (Deferred Maintenance Item) process to comply with the accurate documentation and reference standards of approved and authorized data – more... as required by FAA
 Performing data engineering for deferment data of structural repairs, creating metric to measure DMI with Quality Control and Program Compliance and refining monthly reporting metrics.
 Preparing Lightning Strike (Repair 13) flowchart in accordance with SRM and AMM of Boeing 737-700/800 Next Generation aircraft with the help of Visio to assist the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and minimize the defects.
 Researching and documenting the discontinuity and complexity in repair data of SRM and presenting these errors to the manufacturer and Company Leaders.
 Interacting with Engineering and Quality Control departments to develop effective solutions for lightning strike repairs.
 Evaluating the database of Lightning Strike defects to understand the types of errors. – less
Fun Luving, lots of Company spirit, family oriented.
Center Support Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2013
Pros: flying benifits
Everyday is a different day. The only constant thing was change. I mean that in a good way! You were always busy with something thing to do. There was never a dull moment. My coworkers were always there to lend a helping hand, that's just how they do it at Southwest. I can't really say there was a hardest part to the job because I had support system – more... wide. There was always someone there to help. The most enjoyable part of my day was just coming into work everyday being with my family, yes it felt like being with family when I came to work! – less
Amazing workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: lots of frontline support and insentives to perform well.
Stimulating environment that was fast paced and fun. Always felt supported by management.

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As – Read more

Southwest Airlines Photos