Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Not so hot
Agent (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2015
The company offers a great product to the customers. As far as the work goes, it was always a 2 man crew. The work was a lot for 2 people to do. These aircraft would come 100% full and you only had 20 minutes to do a complete turn around. Just glad that I was able to experience what the company was all about.
5 Stars
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2015
At the Charleston International Airport I begin each day knowing that I will provide legendary customer service by handling ticketing, baggage check-in, baggage claims, reservations, information inquiries and resolving complaints and solving difficult travel situations when needed.
Great place to work!!!
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great pay & benefits.
Cons: not moving from your station enough.
My co-workers were great...we all worked hard. The pay started out low but as time passed it turned into a great paying job. The benefits were excellent; the best I have ever had. The job was not a physical one...more mental and not getting much exercise was the only draw back for me. You could always pick up extra shifts or give yours away which made things flexible. The hardest part of the job was basically doing the same thing all day by just taking reservations; however, I became a Customer Care Representative and that changed things up quite a bit!!!
Wonderful place to work
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun loving attitude
Cons: long commute
A wonderful place to work. I loved talking to and helping our employees throughout the transition from AirTran to Southwest Airlines.
great place to work.
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Great culture with high expectations.A fantastic since of family and friendship.Hard work is expected as well as excellent attendance.Training is also a high priority.
Exciting and wonderful atmosphere
Customer Relations/ Rapid Reward Agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Absolutely love working for this company, everyone you see is friendly and kind. Great atmosphere and its always something fun happening at work. The company makes sure that the employees are happy doing their job. Love the motto " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Great company to work for .
Job was exciting, fast paced, and very rewarding in the end.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: family benefits plan, 401k plan, flight privelages
Cons: weather conditions, busy during the seasons, work schedule based on seniority
Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure in order to maintain safety of passengers, ground ops and to avoid damage to aircraft or any nearby equipment

Unload and load passenger luggage, air cargo, freight, bulk, or containers/pallets onto carts and or dollies

Drive and operate ground support equipment including tow bars, belt loaders, containers, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service trucks etc.

Service aircraft water and lavatories on originators or upon request
awesome company
supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
began my career here out of college and hands down have not found another company to work for as great as this one
Fun company---good benefits
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Great company to work for. I enjoyed being the Office Coordinator for the Flight Attendant Base. The most enjoyable part of the job was being back in the Airline Industry.
great place to work
Customer Service ground operations (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: trust
Cons: mandatory overtime
South west is a great place to work for, anyone who is able to get on with this company, should be very excited and consider themselves lucky.
Implemented the Call Center Paperless project
Senior Workforce Systems Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2015
The work here was very interesting. It all was based on gathering requirements and building a tool to replace a long time consuming paper process on an old Novell windows OS. I started as a Reservations supervisor and based on hands on experience was able to teach myself to develop this tool
I dont mind working, but I had no life outside work. With the amount of travel and the magnitude of work, it was very difficult to manage.
Material Stores Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: no balance of work / life
Over all the company is a great company to work for, but my typical day was compelled of meetings and conference calls. Depending on your Leaders, your work/life balance can become very challenging. If one finds the right niche and the right leaders, the sky is the limit. I did enjoy the travel, but it seem redundant and too much with so much work lying in the balance.
Soild Enduring Fun
Operations Agent (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: early and late start times
A typical day at Southwest Airlines begins early 4;30AM. Aircrafts at the gates need to be opened up and ensure they are at the correct jetway. Paperwork is printed including weather notams and forcasts. The passengers are the most enjoyable part of this job. Their excitment of traveling for a job or a vacation is infectous.
Best company to work for
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Amazing company that valued their employees and their customers as well. Traveled the world for free.
it was all right
cleaning airplanes (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: they would make parties for us.
Cons: the breaks were too short.
my day was getting to my work on time and do my assignment. i learn a lot to clean and be on task of different type of areas.learn how to work in groups and get a long with others. my hardest thing to do was to vacuum underneath the seats. i always enjoyed my job because i use to like it.
hardest part of job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), SFODecember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: weather depending on location
hardest part of the job is probably working with the co-workers If you're not a "people" person then it would be hard to work as a team on a flight.
Best Job I ever had/Miss it everyday
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 5, 2014
Pros: everything
I worked for Southwest Airlines in NY as a Ramp Agent for almost 12 years before being terminated 2 years ago because of my attendance. There's not a day that goes by that I don't regret letting my personal issues get in the way of my job. I let myself down but more importantly let this great company down. Wish I could go back and start with them again now that everything is back to normal for me but understandably they probably do not want to give me a second chance. The culture there is fantastic, people are even better and it is an outstanding company to work for if you can get your foot in the door. You can make as much money as your willing to work for being that there's always an abundance of overtime and double time. Benefits are fantastic as well as the unlimited free travel benefits for you, your parents, spouse or committed partner and Children up to age 23 I believe. My last 2 years there I made $90,000 each year with all the overtime I worked as a baggage handler. If I hadn't screwed it up I would have been enjoying my 14th year there but I did so I live with it. If I can get back in and start all over again someday I will in a heartbeat! Bottom line this is a career you can have and be proud of if you can get in from beginning to end!
Rough start, but overall great company
Ramp and Cargo Agent (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 30, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: mandatory overtime
Southwest Airlines is an incredible company. It is difficult at first with the 6 month probation, but overall a great experience and fun culture. It's pretty routine, management isn't that great but the station is good. The craziest (in a good way) group of people I've ever worked with. Mandatory overtime can throw a wrench in your plans, but it's double time.
Outstanding compay
Operations Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2014
Great company with incredible benefits. Assisting the public with boarding the aircraft. Weight and balance of the plane.
Fabulous Company and Culture however, very limited room for advancement.
Customer Service (Former Employee), TexasNovember 21, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits and several employee appreciation days.
Cons: limited room for advancement on a local level.
A "Day-in-the-life" at Southwest consists of positive interaction with all front line employees while addressing Customer needs, Business needs and having the ability to communicate the expectations and solutions to meeting or exceeding those needs on a daily basis, together as a Team.

About Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As – Read more

Southwest Airlines Salaries