Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

awesome company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2016
when i was with SWA it was an amazing time. The staff was great no matter what city you were in.getting to spend so much time in all the great cities America has to offer was a huge plus. plus you get to fly for free!
Fun place to work!
Operations Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2016
Amazing company to work for. Very nice staff and people are really helpful. Leaders are easy to talk to and are ready to help whenever needed. Overall it is a nice company and I really like it,
An awesome place to be!
Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 23, 2016
After trying for several years I was offered a position with Southwest. The recruiting process is somewhat long and drawn out but well worth the time and wait in the end. The company has such a great culture where everyone truly cares about each other and the customers. You are rewarded for accomplishments and paid above the industry average for an entry level position. I should have been here 10 years ago but now that I am here I will be here until retirement.
Pros
Company culture, opportunity for advancement, Great co-workers
Cons
Everything seniority based so starting off at the bottom for all scheduling such as days off, hours worked, and vacation.
great palce to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2016
Being a flight attendant at southwest airlines is fun, full of life and exciting. The people are great and it's a great company. Management needs to be looked at, besides that I would recommend it.
Pleasant work environment
Senior SAP Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2016
Its a very good company.
This company has very pleasant work environment.
Co-workers are very good and helpful.
This is related to airways, the employees are highly helpful.
Busy and Challenging Work Place
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2016
The flight benefits were the most enjoyable parts of this job and the most challenging was the mandatory overtime when circumstances arose. Some customers were pleasant while others required more attention.
Field recruiting.
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2016
85% travel throughout the Southeast Region to include Mega stations Dallas, Chicago, Orlando, Atlanta. Co workers in the field were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was in consistent travel and management that did not know how to set attainable goals
Pros
Meeting different people in at different airport locations was great
Cons
no work life balance. 14 hour days non consistant travel
Very Nice Atmosphere to work
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2016
So much to learn from my Colleagues. The Work place is so disciplianed and working culture is absolutely professional.
Fantastic Company
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2016
One of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to work for. Supervision committed to providing the best training and support of employees, while also providing great benefits and encouraging employee moral.
Pros
Free travel, great benefits
Cons
On your feet all day
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
Great People, Team and Leaders
Many opportunities to grow and learn
Very demanding schedule and less flexibility with advancement
The Culture is alive and well and drives the work force
Pros
free travel
Cons
demanding work schedule
Work Culture and Management is good
Sr. Oracle DBA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2016
I like my team members and my manager. They are friendly, supportive, knowledge sharing, and help you to learn new things.
I love working for this client.
LUV this company!!
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  East Boston, MAOctober 5, 2016
This company has a fantastic Culture and CORE values. I have worked for many airlines that boast a "family" camaraderie however this airline walks it's talk !!! Training received and Management availability is second to none - Southwest is the best !
Pros
Management always available, room for advancement wonderful work environment, truly invests in it's employees
Cons
Starting pay is too low for a person with a family to support
Worst experience ever
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2016
They start you out in Dallas for two weeks paperwork training. Told time and time again that there's no hazing ( because probies or newhires have zero recourse or protection from abuse or harrassment). After that you're on your own. No aircraft training whatsoever. Expected to teach yourself the job and do it better than unioned mechanics. Some of the worst maintenance I've seen in 15+ years. Dallas seemed to keep boasting that they are fined more because they are more successful. BS they earn every penny of every fine. Their "probation" is nothing more than a popularity contest and an excuse to demean and harrass better mechanics than they are.
Pros
No longer there
Cons
No training. No lawfully required lunches or breaks. Supervisors are nothing but ringleaders.
normal janitor job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2016
you must clean everything, especially where customers can see. All garbage must be collected and thrown away. The computer monitors must be free from streaks and keyboards clean from dust. restrooms must be sterilized and resupply.
Pros
If you like working by yourself in a quiet environment. This is for you.
Cons
People can leave you nasty things in the public restrooms.
Great company
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 29, 2016
Southwest is a great company to work for. The downfall, is seniority is everything. After 18 years with the company I still did not have weekends or holidays off. My family came second
Benefits
Cons
Not family oriented
Being a Flight Attendant is a fun and exciting job.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2016
I've learned a lot about dealing with the public and how important it is not to take things personally when passengers are not friendly or agreeable. I enjoy working with people and helping them, particularly the elderly and children. We also have a high number of passengers with disabilities. I feel it is an honor to serve them and to help their day become memorable and filled with joy. Working with the military travelers is another significant honor. I feel fortunate to have met so many heroes of our country including those who are WW I and II, Pearl Harbor and Desert Storm Veterans. Our passengers are mostly fun and enjoyable and I have a great time serving them and making them laugh whenever possible. The hardest part of this job is being away from home and not having a specific weekly routine. It is a great company to work for and I enjoy this amazing opportunity to work for this company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Although general sales was not my calling I do sometimes regret not staying with a company that cared so much about their employees. They provided all of their workers with a great benefit packag along with free air fare.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sales
maimi,fl
Middleware Admin (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 21, 2016
• Installed and Configured WebSphere Application Server 7.1 and IBM HTTP Server 7.1 on Red hat Linux&AIX.
• Created Clusters and instances in WebSphere Network Deployment to support high availability, fail over and implemented horizontal clustering
• Installed WAS for SIT & UAT environments on AWS(MidVision Cloud).
• Deployment and troubleshooting of JAR, WAR, and EAR files in clustered environment.
• Monitoring error logs, fixing problems
Great place to work!
CULTURE SERVICES INTERN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Southwest Airlines is a great company to work for! Great work schedule Monday-Friday. Travel benefits. Coworkers were enjoyable to be around and LUVd working for SWA. I cannot say enough good things about Southwest.
Usually a fun and rewarding experience
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  NumerousSeptember 19, 2016
My day could be fun. Other days could be very stressful. Issues that made my day very trying were bad weather, mechanical problems, air traffic control problems, passenger problems on inbound a/c, passenger problems on ground,etc. On the plus side when these issues arose I could always count on my co-workers from the various work groups to step up.
Pros
I liked how noone thought they were better than anyone else. A family.
Cons
High stress days when I had to deal with major problems where noone could help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5