Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
Southwest has been very good to me in the 20 yrs I have worked there. They take good care of their employees and the employees are able to move up within the company.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
Mainly weather delays
Large System Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2017
Airline industry is very competitive with the major airlines. Southwest is in the market of adding additional flights to destinations in Mexico and other fun destinations.
Pros
See Resume
Cons
See Resume
na
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2017
Great place great to work, great people and great benefits. Southwest CS&S is not for the weak, you have t be disciplined, determined and eager to succeed.
Fun Job - very challenging
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
This was the funnest job I have ever had. I dealt with people one on one, boarding flights, boarding issues, luggage issues, ticket issues and incoming and outgoing flights. Many critical thinking skills were used and so was customer service.
excellent
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2017
amazin company and work place, all those people that working there is so greatfull to be on a amazin company lake Southwest air lanes, nice jobs and you can learny a lot about this kinf of job
Amazing workplace with great benefits and employees incentives
Ramp Agent Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2017
This is one of the best companies I have worked for. They are everything for their employees and to make the employee happy end feel LUVed while working there. They have an amazing rewards points program that is only for Southwest employees and you actually can buy even a car if you have enough points. Overall is an AWESOME place to work.
Very fast paced workplace
CS&S/Customer Assistance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
Great benefits but very low pay
Crazy hours away from family a lot hardly traveled due to always being at work, not good tl with coachings and improvements
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Low pay, not great with management and coachings
Loved the benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
A typical day was busy on the phones. If it wasn't cancellations, it was flight delays. What I learned was how to empathize. Management was okay but we had to be unionized or sometimes we may get thrown under the bus. There was great culture in the workplace. However, there were many days that were mandatory overtime and it affected plans, childcare, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job were co-workers.
Pros
Free flights, benefits, 401K, co-workers
Cons
Mandatory OT
Fun work environment
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is the fun environment and travel benefits, profit sharing, work life balance and most importantly for me the culture is top notch
Great People Place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2017
What I loved about SWA was the complete and detailed training I received in Customer Care. I think that the training was essential for the sometimes hectic, face paced environment working with customers who could be difficult or disgruntled over missed flights, delayed flights and over booked flights. It was fun being able to travel standby for no cost.
Pros
Travel, great training, plenty of shift work
Cons
Low pay
Best job i ever had
Provisioning Agent (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 10, 2017
This is the job for poeple that loves being around poeple and traveling this is a A+ job in my book i wish i could still be there great great place to work
Southwest Airline is easier to work with
Reseptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
According to my review , southwest Airline is a suitable company to work with, and its a very serious company and the management it is organized their services are good and they are attractive.
Pros
Allawences
Cons
Holiday
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2017
Helping travellers arrive at their destinations safely and in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job for me was the commute from Atlanta to my base in Baltimore, MD.
Pros
free flights
Cons
time wasted
Flt. Attbendant 1982-2000 Fun place to work...Must follow Co. policy...Management encourages you to be yourself & have fun with the passengers...
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2017
Fun job but can be stressful at times during flight delays,being away from home 3-4 days can be hard,required to leave your problems at homeTurbulence
Pros
Free flights on SWA and most all other carriers, discounts on hotels and rental cars, health/life ins., stock & 401k...
Cons
Company is open 365 days/year...Having to be away during the holidays
It's now more of a company than a family
Attendance and Leave Payroll Associate III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2017
I've been with Southwest more than 20 years and it has changed from a family company to a more corporate company. The culture is very different too. Just coming into this company as a new hire its a very good company to work for and the benefits are better than most companies.
Fast pace and exciting
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2017
Working at the airport is fast paced and exciting. It's hard work but very rewarding. I've learned all about safety regulations and requirements for loading and off loading airplanes and working at the airport.
Project Analyst - Passenger Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2017
Again, this is becoming a bit tedious for this website. Is there not a way to skip over some of these items? I worked at Southwest Airlines for over 18 years and had a variety of roles.
It's true, Southwest Airlines is one of the best companies in the US.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2017
I worked at Southwest for over 18 years and had no regrets at all. The management teams are excellent. The pay is competitive for the airline industry.
Pros
Free flights and other benefits
Cons
Sometimes the work does get overwhelming when forced to do more with less.
fun workplace
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2017
Awesome place to work! People are nice, work is sturdy...

Sometime work is very frustrating and challenging,

I enjoy working there, cause the people are nice, great benefits,
Pros
Free flight
Cons
Nice breaks
Customer Service Agent I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2017
Came in checked in went right to the position assigned. Started working with passenger checking in and checking baggage, paying any fees such as extra bags, dogs in flight, wheelchairs for disabled persons

I learned the fast pace of the job. I love the manager that I had but some of the management wasn't the best.

The hardest part of the job was when the passengers would be wrapped around the building. Passengers had no patients.

The best part of my jobs was the perks.
Pros
travel benifits
Cons
quick breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.