Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Best place to work
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 8, 2016
Great work culture, environment. Fantastic learning experience. Have lots of care for Employees. SWA has 40 years of profitability and is ever growing with multiple project openings for Developers and Business Analysts.
Administrative Coordinator
Administrative Station Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2016
Process Attendance letters, Answer phones and questions, Assist in badge process, Calculate and input hour paid per trip, Process medical leaves, OJI's and return to work paperwork, Input gates into system.
Love the company
Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 21, 2016
i enjoy my job and what i do. Best company i ever work in my years of experience. Learning every day. I have nothing else to express my feeling about this company, i love it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not to much overtime.....
Fun environment
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2016
Great job to meet new people everyday. Great job to travel all over the world. Great place to be able to make customers feel safe and have a good time.
Pros
Free hotels, free flights
Cons
No breaks, long days, short overnights
Fun but alot of work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 14, 2016
This job has its ups and downs. The benefits and perks are the best I ever had. But the schedule changes daily and its hard trying to plan your life.
Pros
good pay, great benifits
Cons
Changing schedules, physical work
Fun workplace
Servicio al pasajero (Former Employee) –  CarolinaSeptember 3, 2015
Well a typical day at southwest start 3:45am with some of my ex co-workers sleeping wairing for the lead start the brifing. Then when we go to the counter we turn on turn on the compters and kioski as soon we finish with that we start calling the passanger normally familys moving to USA, with each passanger we check the USADA sticker, then we takes the bags to put the bag tags and senden to the belt as soon we finish with the bags, we give the boarding passes and explain the passange how they can go to the gates. In the time that we dont have any passanger we talk each other, making jokes, talking about the day before, family, pet and more things. When the shift ends normally we go all together to eat and then go home.
Great Customers
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2016
South west was a Great Job to have if you love to Travel, and got a thing for planes. Great Place to start a career. Many people have been there for many years, and love to help, and share their experiences.
Good as a means to pay your bills
Provisioning Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
I would not recommend using this job as a means to retire. The contracts are not respected. Managements expectations are unrealistic with the unsafe work conditions.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
core company values are not consistent throughout the system.
Enjoyed every aspect of working for this company.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39208April 5, 2016
This is a wonderful company to work for. Unfortunately, I was only able to work part time due to the small airport in my home of Jackson, MS at the time.
Free Flights
mhCustomer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
Great company got to fly all over the world for free. Great culture treated the employees very well and the pay and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
Delayed flights
Okay place to work
General Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 7, 2015
Southwest Airlines has pros and cons. The benefits are great (401k, profit sharing, flight benefits), but some of the rules and policies are unnecessary and too strict.
Flexible and fun
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 16, 2016
Great flexibility in hours. Entrusted to work independently on assignments with limited supervision. Fun work environment. Gained experience in a typical office setting.
Great employee culture
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2016
Great company and all about the employees.I learned more about human remain transport.My co-workers were awesome they worked and showed me everything I need to know.
great flights
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 21, 2016
The job was very fast pace, and detailed job . pretty easy work. the co-works are very helpful and kind . thats the reason for the 4 stars above .
Pros
free buddy passes
Cons
small planes
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2016
Great company to join. Training program is very tight on the terminal with all eyes on deck. Get ready to work in all kinds of weather. Benefits are wonderful.
Family oriented work place.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 6, 2016
This place of employment was great, when I first started there. Afterwards, they became more corporation based and it was not as fun to work there.
Good
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2016
it is a good place to work with.it is a good place. located in pheonix, az. environment is very good. work is reasonable . management and calleage were very helpful.
Easy go work environment
ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of marshaling in aircrafts, then unloading and loading aircrafts. After it was loaded and ready for departure, my job was either to wing walk or push the aircraft out on a push back. If i wasn't working on the gates, I was bag running. This job was to bring bags either to baggage drop or to another aircraft.
Great company to work for, wonderful benefits
Customer Support and Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2014
I worked in the Houston Reservation Center for the last years of my Southwest Airlines career. I started in Dallas Reservations. When they closed, I went to Oklahoma City. The commuting was hard sometimes, but it was worth it to be able to stay with the company for so many years. I loved talking to the customers and helping with their travel needs. Sometimes it could be a challenge, but I didn't mind the challenge. I learned that we could usually find someway to help the customer if they had a problem or just had a question they needed answered. The hardest part of the job was when we couldn't resolve a problem. That isn't a very good feeling. It would happen sometimes, but luckily not often. Management for the most part were great. I can get a long with just about anyone. I worked with a bunch of great people, and made many great friends. The best parts of the job for me were all the wonderful benefits. Getting to fly for free is an awesome benefit. I really love Southwest Airlines.
Pros
great place to work, wonderful benefits, fun people to work with, great customers
Cons
didn't like sitting so much, tied to the phone for too many hours a day
best company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  las vegas , nvOctober 7, 2015
free flights free days days off . easy work a lot of downtime. Co workers are nice best culture good company to work for . Good money if your willing to work shifts are always available .
Pros
free flights
Cons
supervisors

4.5