Southwest Airlines Employee Reviews

Southwest is Fun
Business Systems Analyst / Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2016
This is one of the best working environment I experienced. The work is well organized. Adopting to latest technologies very often. Management is very friendly. I was involve in several projects, and the teamwork was really important to make it a success.
Pros
Team work, Fun place to work
Cons
Fun environment, customer service required
Atlanta Airport (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2016
I worked here as a PSA ( Passengers Assistant). Providing great service to our guests. Assisting them onto or off of the planes and to their destinations.
I love talking on the phone and helping people make their vacation plans.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 7, 2016
I loved working for Southwest Airlines. Those were the best 18 years of my life. I loved the people I worked with and the fun activities we did at work. Sometimes the work hours were long but we got compensated very well. I left at a time when my mother passed away and I could not cope at the time.
Pros
free flights, easy to work with schedule
Great company to work for.
Bid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Southwest Airline is a great company to work for. I enjoyed my 16+ years working for this company.

Started out as a payroll coordinator, sr. payroll coordinator, then a bid analyst.

Too a early retirement.
Amazing Company with great values
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
Great flexibility, and understanding from upper management. Great benefits, and opportunities for advancement if you wish.
Pros
Travel, meet lots of people, have fun.
Cons
No breaks during the day. Long hours.
One of the best companies to work for!
Sr Infrastructure/TWS Admin - Infrastructure Team (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2016
Great work culture, great atmosphere and great people! Lot of things to learn and no stress or pressure of any kind! Highly recommended!
Daily work
Provo agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 26, 2016
Stock galleys and deal with flight attendants all day
Know what goes inside the galley , drive a box truck on airport With airport rules
Pros
Fly free
Cons
No schedule lunch
Great Enviornment
CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SERVICES (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
Fun place to work, team leads are helpful and coworkers are awesome. Company always shows its appreciation for all their employees do. Always encouraging us to do better.
Professional Place to work in
Senior Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2016
One of the most professional, organized and fun atmosphere to be in as a software tester.

It was an opportunity to work with a high level experienced managers, developers, tech leads and testers those added a lot to my experience.

Fun, Happy, Smooth is how i can shortly describe the project i was part of in Southwest Airlines.
Pros
free lunches, a lot of team activities, etc..
Change or die
CS and Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
Working within an environment of to much workplace romance makes for a toxic environment in management wife's husband girlfriend boyfriends and partnerships is way to much for this outsider.
Cons
Management in the stations are very cliques, work place relationships makes for a toxic environment change or die
Productive and fun
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2016
Enjoy meeting new employees and passenger and working with a great company and management team of professionals. Also the training was excellent in Dallas, TX.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Great place
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2016
Great place,great weather,great people, best place ever. everybody is very friendly and helpful, no issues or complaints. awesome work place.
Friendly place
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2016
Overall, a great company. They also provide you with great benefits, e.g., being able to fly for free. Everyone there is incredibly friendly and always willing to help out!
I enjoyed inbound calls very much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2016
The phone was my time clock. I was on inbound calls. The public was great and had no problems assisting them with there needs. If I needed assistance which was rear they were there for me. I learned that even when someone was upset it was not at me, but there situation that could not be helped. I would do what they needed and gave them the rules so they would not loose there money. All in all it would be a win win situation for them and Southwest. Always a team player and you will never find a better class of employees. The hardest part of the jobs was not to get your heat broken when the traveler can't go on the trip and crying in your ear ( Emergency's ) The enjoyable part is all the great people I could talk to and help.
Pros
employees and clients that I came in contact with
Cons
the hurt that comes through
The quality of the work environment has declined in the past few years
IT FIELD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2016
The work/life balance has declined to the point where it does not exist. Also, management is rather poor and treats their employees like a commodity and not as people. It is not worth the headache of working for Southwest Airlines Technology at this time.
Pros
Non-Rev flying
Cons
no work/life balance
great company
Ground Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 3, 2016
Company needs to be more involved with the lowest level workers. Everyday we learn our new system operations. Many coworkers are lazy and are not willing to help others. The hardest part of the job is loading the freight and the poor attitudes.
Pros
job security, full benits, 401k match, profit sharing, free flights
Cons
peers, attitudes, management, pay
Awesome company culture and co-workers!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2016
Being a flight attendant is perfect for someone with little or no "responsibilities" at home. A very difficult job to have a balanced home/work life if married with or without children. Can be very lonely if your crew is not outgoing.
Pros
Benefits far exceed compensation, flexible hours
Cons
Long days, work holidays and weekends
Productivem Time sensitive airline
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2016
You will work hard but the benefits make it well work it. An amazing company with a great culture but local management can be hard to work for at most times.
Luv Airlines
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2016
I love working for Southwest Airlines. Very friendly and lovable airlines. They LUV the people and employees. Southwest is the best airline to work for.
I
Sr .NET Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
Around 8+ years of experience in IT Industry covering all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) mainly into Analysis, Software Design, Development, Testing, implementation of Web based applications using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5