Southwest Baptist University Employee Reviews

Work/Life balance awesome with awesome people to work with
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOMay 13, 2016
A typical day at work would normally include doing laundry and paperwork on a computer whenever I could do it that day. I learned how to manage my time with my class schedule. My co-workers were very easy to get along with and helped me if I ever needed it. Hardest part of the job was loading the wet clothes into the dryer. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing the work whenever I wanted to.
Friendly people, beautiful campus
Copy Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOApril 21, 2016
My job was eliminated, and many of the people who were there 12 years ago are no longer there. Running their copy center was an enjoyable job and I became acquainted with many of the staff and professors. They are friendly and competent people, and SBU is a really good place to get an education.
Pros
Steady income with benefits.
Cons
They no longer have a copy center.
Family Type Atmosphere
GA Strength and Conditioning coach (Current Employee) –  Bolivar, MOApril 19, 2016
Day at work: Design workout programs for the football athletes using excel. Run and organize weight room and conditioning functions.

What I have learned: This field of work takes dedication and persistence to be successful. It is important to always stay ahead in your planning.

Management: I work with great people who all share the same goal.

Co-Workers: We are like family.

Hardest part of the job: Being patient and knowing that to progress in this field of work takes time.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Being around athletes and bringing them to their full potential.
Pros
Doing what I love. Free clothes. Being around athletics.
Cons
Contracts
Laid back atomosphere, close knit group
Campus Security Authority (Current Employee) –  Bolivar, MOApril 16, 2016
I wrote parking tickets and made student ID's. This was a workstudy job so the work was very laid back, however being a security position I was trusted with a lot of responsibility. I was trusted with access to school cameras, ID access codes, the security vehicle, and other things. I enjoyed patrolling campus.
Working as a GA
Graduate Assistant of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bolivar, MOApril 16, 2016
working as a GA is fun, but not a full time job, so you have to have other jobs to supplement your income. makes it difficult sometimes.
Love sbu
Admissions Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOFebruary 18, 2016
Solid environment, well organized with great staff and supervisors. If I could go back and work at SBU again, I definitely would.
Productive workplace with little experience
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolivar, MOSeptember 30, 2015
I am able to help others with computer related problems while focusing on my own schoolwork as well. I do not enjoy sitting for long periods at a time.
Pros
Time to focus and work on schoolwork
Cons
You are sitting the entire time
Great job while getting through college
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bolivar, MOFebruary 12, 2015
Stocked items, prepared coffee, cleaned. Absolutely wonderful and kind managers, fun co-workers, great work environment for a student. Depending on personality rushes can be stressful, but I enjoyed them.
Pros
Free drink
Cons
no benefits
full time student and part time student aide
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, MOOctober 20, 2014
answer phones, light filing, light copying, and some tutoring. Filled in for secretary when her family was ill.
Pros
close to home
Cons
part time
A job that I can work when going to college
Landen Hall office worker (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOJune 25, 2014
When I was going to college, I figured I would get a job that I can enjoy and spent money for bills and fun time
Exciting and enthusiatic work environment with great employees
Offensive Lineman (Current Employee) –  Bolivar, MOMay 16, 2014
Although playing football is not a typical job, I have learned many valuable lessons and experiences through numerous practices and regular season games. I have experienced time-management skills, work well in team environments, and know how to handle adversity.
Interesting
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOMay 15, 2014
Work study student doing janitorial work around the building
Christ-Centered caring academic institution with a global perspective.
Chair (Current Employee) –  Bolivar, MissouriMarch 18, 2014
SBU is a great place to work. The most difficult part of the current job is the transition in leadership. The most enjoyable part of the current job is how people truly care about you and your family.
They pretend to be something they are not--Ethical/(Christian?)
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOOctober 25, 2012
There is a lack of vision by the administration and more interest in Athletics than in Academics. The institution is racist in its approach to minorities--assuming that the only way to recruit minorities to campus is through athletics and not through academics. There is no trust of faculty by the administration. The institution is operated with the mentality of a (boarding) high school and not a University.
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many cons to document.
Great place to work and interact with people
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Bolivar,MOJuly 25, 2012
Work days included troubleshooting computer, printer, and phone problems on campus.

I learned much in the field of network management and computer maintenance skills.

Worked as I went to school at Southwest Baptist University
Excellent management
Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOJuly 7, 2012
Faculty takes great care to work closely with student workers. Very supporting and always ready to assist if necessary. Flexible work hours with great co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Baptist University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2