Southwest Behavioral Health Services

Southwest Behavioral Health Services Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Billing/Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2018
As big as the company was it was like family eventhough I was there only a short time. Great work environment. My team was amazing. My supervisor was a great trainer she took the time to teach me how to use the billing system.
Good Place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Any place that is helping people when they are in dire need no matter what that need is , is a good place to be involved with no matter what capacity. SWB was that kind of place. I appreciated everything they taught me and allowed me to do.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
would love to have been a full time employee but could not
you would love it
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at 7th Ave... You have so many different pple to assist and it gave me great pleasure to be able to put a smile on someone's face...
Great place to work with great staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UT 84770November 6, 2017
I have learned so much in my time working here. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Every day comes with different duties and challenges. Executive team is great to work with!
Pros
great hours and benefits
Cons
N/a
Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2017
If this is anonymously,NEVER included with your job applications, why do I need to complete?
A typical day at work, fair. what I learned management wasn't sincere, workplace culture,cold. the hardest part of the job, nothing the most enjoyable part of the job, pay check
Pros
make my own schedule
Cons
travel in my automobile
Best Place to work for
Substance Abuse Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 26, 2017
I really miss SBHC, they were like family to me and they were always supportive. My boss was so understanding and kind spirit. If I could I would go back to work with them, sometimes I wish I never moved back to Vegas.
Worked on a 13 week on contract. Enjoyed my contract.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 4, 2017
Enjoyed working at SWBH as a travel nurse on a 13 week contract. I would recommend the job to other travelers. The draw back, Kingman doesn't offer much to do. The view is awesome tho!
workplace culture
Clinician I Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJuly 25, 2017
Stressful
The work place is great! The management is great! The job has great potential! Therefore, the job was great! The work can be stressful, however, time management is the key!
Energetic and highly interactive environment
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJuly 13, 2017
Although I was only there for a short time I got to work with young children in need of structure and guidance in their own lives. I learned how to handle individuals in crisis and keep a peaceful environment in times that would have otherwise been quite problematic. Consistent communication with the other caretakers was key in assuring that the group of clients/children were on the same track as a whole. At the end of the day the best part about the job was that I got to be part of what made a child's day or even week. However, the same part of the job that was most rewarding was also the most challenging. There were days when it was a struggle to keep the peace within groups and the children weren't exactly angels.
Pros
free meals, starting pay, skill development
Cons
emotional exhaustion
n/a
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2017
great slow paced company to learn and grow with, very well established behavioral health industry. great place to start a new career and potentially grow with
Horrible management, not business oriented
Sr. BHT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2017
The supervisor was incredibly immature, disrespectful, unprofessional and didn't respect boundaries. The director was oblivious and biased, as well as, HR. They are not supportive unless it's beneficial for them and they make assumptions without any supportive facts. The supervisor was always late and left early, but would harass other staff about time--she admitted that she couldn't handle her responsibilities and didn't want to be a supervisor. They are liars and manipulative. Benefits were horrible and they pay employees under the national rates. They want you to provide 5-star care, but your pay grade is 2-stars. Residential off sites are dirty and uncomfortable to work in, not a clean environment AT ALL. You constantly do work outside the scope of your job description and they don't offer raises. Constant turnover and short staffed. The worst place I've ever worked. VERY DISINGENUINE.
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2017
Complete prescreening process to determine the level of care that is most appropriate in meeting the individual needs of the client. • Complete intake behavioral health and psychosocial assessment on newly referred and returning clients • Complete individualized service plan identifying clients needs, personal strengths, and goals to achieve a successful outcome in treatment. • Coordinate continuity of care with primary care providers, SMI treatment teams, probation departments, and other behavioral health service providers as needed
Productive and Helpful Work Environment
Behavioral Health Technician II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
The work environment is fast paced and challenging. Which allows technicians to hone their skills and learn how to navigate a secure inpatient facility.
Loved this position and company
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 1, 2017
I actually thoroughly enjoyed working for SBH, however my time there was cut short due to an auto accident. I am now recovered and have applied back to the company but as of yet have not heard anything. I worked a double weekend shift and it was awesome for me. The flexibility of the schedule and the patients I dealt with was great.
Pros
Good position with great company
fun work palce
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 27, 2017
typical work day at Southwest behavioral health, help clients with scheduling appointment as well as arranging transportation for them to get to and from appointments. working here I have learned how to work more with clients. Hardest part about working here would have to be is they never offer overtime. Staff member definitely make coming to work more enjoyable.
It is a job that you will go home knowing that you have saved a person life.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2017
I love the part of my job which I can help a person find someone somewhere to rest instead of being homeless. I like the part when clients comes in our unit depressed with suicidal ideations and leave there loving themselves.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No raises or bonuses.
Opportunities
Customer Service Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 5, 2017
southwest behavioral gives great opportunities. Willing to teach beginners in all positions. Many trainings offered for new opportunities. Okay overall experience.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
No raises
A very good place to work.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZJanuary 4, 2017
it was a very enjoyable environment to work in the coworkers were very good and the office staff was topnotch the only issue was the amount of paperwork limited the amount of cases that could be seen each week.
Community is great
Prevention Specialist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2017
I have a great commitment to his community. I enjoyed doing prevention work. It was a lot of stress but I enjoyed working in the school system. Management could've been nicer, freer to other's ideas.
Pros
Great connections to the community
Cons
Management could be more open to staff ideas. too structured
Place to grow
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 23, 2016
SBH is definitely a place to get your experience from bottom up. The company grew too quickly while still operating on limited technical resources. Great place to start.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southwest Behavioral Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.